Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2nd Annual International Grand Prix >

2nd Annual International Grand Prix

2nd Annual International Grand Prix

Old 03-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MHarrison
Cleared My weekend for this race. Can't wait to head down south. I had a Blast Last time I was Down there.
We look forward to having you race with us. Did you find a good place for evening entertainment last time you visited?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

I'll be there to cover the race. It will be posted at SGrid Online ( www.sgrid.com ) for sure, and hopefully in one of the major print magazines as well.

I've got lots of photos posted of last year's event - I'll try to copy some of them over here on Monday.

Thanks to Enrique, I got to drive on the club track today. Wow, what a nice place! The layout is smooth and flowing, the visibility is excellent, lots of traction, forgiving boards, and a great bunch of people to hang out with! Makes me want to reconsider what is more fun, photographing the cars, or driving one!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Getting closer to race time!!! Looking forward to this event and all the fun of both R/C and full scale racing.... The scenery isn't too bad either!!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
dcc
Tech Apprentice

This is truly a unique race. A race within a race. Rc racing and the big cars.
not to mention the spectators 5 deep at times. I got my registration in the mail.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Mike Myers from Starting Grid was kind enough to give me the link to a very good overhead photo of last years track layout. The track layout for this years race will be very similar to last year. Here is the link if you would like to get an idea of the layout for this year.

http://www.sgrid.com/2007/march/homestead2.jpg
Old 03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Doug,

Do you have an entry list for this event. Just wondering who's going to be crying when I pass them and bring home the gold!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lots of work planned for the track surface to ensure good traction and as smooth a surface as possible!! This is event is a MUST attend!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

oops!

Last edited by Doug M; 03-06-2008 at 04:37 AM. Reason: wrong link
Old 03-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

OK racers. this how you will enter the Homestead Miami Speedway for the 2nd Annual International Grand Prix.

Please use this map for reference, for racers entry to the 2nd Annual International Grand Prix at Homestead Miami Speedway.

1. Racers will enter through VIP Gate 1 using Alex Muxo Jr. Boulevard.
2. Once inside the gate make a left turn and follow Vendor Row until you reach the RC Car Track.
3. Unload your equipment from your vehicle.
4. When you have unloaded move your vehicle to the assigned preferred parking area.
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Annual International Grand Prix-hms-entry-900-x-733-.jpg  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am sure Gary and I will have a blast at the Grand prix race! Looking forward to the trip and meeting you.
BTW
It is -7 degree C and snowing here today in Ontario Canada
Old 03-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bmclean
I am sure Gary and I will have a blast at the Grand prix race! Looking forward to the trip and meeting you.
BTW
It is -7 degree C and snowing here today in Ontario Canada
Wow, -7 degress C and snowing, that gives me brain freeze! Went out to the Speedway today wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals. Come on down, the weather is great and the racing and hospitality will be even better! See you soon.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Homestead Miami Speedway Press Release

When you attend the 2nd Annual International Grand Prix you will have a multitude of sights and activities to take part in. This is the press release from Homestead Miami Speedway pointing out some of the reasons to attend.

The world’s best open-wheel drivers storm
Homestead-Miami Speedway for IndyCar’s
season-opening GAINSCO Auto Insurance Indy 300.
SpeedJam – March 29, 2008 – Homestead-Miami Speedway

Join us, race fans, as the world’s best open-wheel drivers storm Homestead-Miami Speedway March 29 for SpeedJam 2008. One of motorsports premier event weekends, SpeedJam features the IndyCar Series season-opening GAINSCO Auto Insurance Indy 300, the GAINSCO Grand Prix of Miami, the IndyPro Series Miami 100, and a full-day festival of car shows, remote control car racing, Memphis Barbeque, kids activities and a special live performance by Three Doors Down—2003 Billboard Music Award Winner for “Best Pop/Rock Group."

Homestead-Miami’s 18-to-20-degree variable banking makes for one of the most action-packed evenings found anywhere on the South Florida calendar, and anticipation for this year’s SpeedJam has been at an all-time high. The natural allure of attending the IndyCar Series season opener has been buoyed by the participation of two-time Indy 500 winner-turned-"Dancing with the Stars" champion Helio Castroneves.

Joining Helio on track--and racing under the South Florida stars at speeds approaching 220 mph--will be the biggest stars in open-wheel racing: perennial contender/"Sports Illustrated" swimsuit model Danica Patrick, three-time Homestead-Miami IndyCar Series winner Dan Wheldon, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti, , Ryan Briscoe, Ed Carpenter, Hideki Mutoh and the rest of IndyCar’s best.

Revel in all there is to offer with the IndyCar Series’ brightest stars shining throughout the weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Tickets are on sale now. Call (866) 409-RACE.

- Two-Time Indy 500 Winner-turned-“Dancing with the Stars” Champion Helio Castroneves
- IndyCar Stars Danica Patrick, Dan Wheldon, Tony Kanaan
- A special live performance by Three Doors Down—2003 Billboard Music Award Winner for “Best Pop/Rock Group”
- Memphis BBQ Network BBQ competition
- GAINSCO Grand Prix of Miami Rolex Sports Car Race
- Sports Car Clubs/Shows
- IndyPro Series Miami 100
- Remote Control Car Racing
- Karting Competition
- Kid-Friendly Family Fun Zone
- Live Music All Day Long
Old 03-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Southern Ontario Canada looked like this yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Annual International Grand Prix-img_3047s2.jpg  
Old 03-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

A warmer photo...

This year, I'll shoot in mid-afternoon, when the spectators are lining the track three deep! Last year I took the overhead photos a bit too early to show what was really going on.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Much, much warmer. Thanks Mike!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.