Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi NS12TS1 (Basic)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Novarossi NS12TS1 (Basic)

Is there anyone who has any information on this engine. Or has tried this engine. Is it worth a buy for club races or not.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

What i have found is that its best to buy engines either the same or have the same power output..

cause at club days you get used to driving with a less powered engine then when it comes time for a big event you have to set the car up again.

this engine from novarossi looks good but maybe try an os tz or put a littl more money and get a plus 12 3sct
Old 01-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Tech Lord

If you want to have a Novarossi product/quality for a nice price and very competive you have to go for a JP-stock engine, I believe MAX has one also.
These are engines with the faster timings but do not contain fancy portings.

The Basic engines are nice engines but do not have an advanced timing so they are not very competive.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you for the insight. I will look in to the Jp engine. I have not found a dealer in my area South Florida if you guys know od a dealer please post it.

However it seems know onw realy knows naything about these nova rossi. I am sourrended by Novarossi all around but a littel out of my price range.

I am currently using the o.s 12tz speed tunned spec 1 with the o.s pipe and header combination it work very well but i need a bit more now.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MTX4JR
Thank you for the insight. I will look in to the Jp engine. I have not found a dealer in my area South Florida if you guys know od a dealer please post it.

However it seems know onw realy knows naything about these nova rossi. I am sourrended by Novarossi all around but a littel out of my price range.

I am currently using the o.s 12tz speed tunned spec 1 with the o.s pipe and header combination it work very well but i need a bit more now.

Maybe you can talk to MAXY for more power!!! the OS engine is fast but a NV Plus 12 will be faster, I know is an expensive engine but it will last a long way.
Have fun!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

If there are any further questions about the novarossi basic.

See the below

OPEN 1/10th SCALE 200mm, SIZE .12 ENGINE & SEDAN CLASS BODY.

The first race of 2008 in Just Hobby Circuit attracted a good turnout of drivers from all the big local teams in Singapore.

Novarossi driver Nelson Lee clinched the Top Qualifier and led for the whole race to win the 45 minutes final.
Nelson was using the new "basic" engine Novarossi N12TS1 when he TQ.
During the final, his choice of weapon was the Novarossi Plus 12-5SCT.

It was an extremely good demonstration of power of both Novarossi racing
engines.

Posting from the www.novarossi.it news posting.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

hahahah on that race day, and particularly at that local track, u didnt need much power. many u-turns, and the infield is all very short distance. all u have to do is basically be smooth, and be consistent. hahaha. he's one hell of a good driver too. and with both that combination, he easily won. he's really a good driver. hahaha
Old 01-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well i have received me new engine after a good break in I will be testing it our and the next race state or otherwise.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

When you can... Please post pics of the internals
Old 02-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Riketsu
When you can... Please post pics of the internals
Sure thing.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have ran this engine for couple of club races i can tell you this. This engine is a great beginer engine and great for club races. If your local track is on the smaller side this engine will be perfect. It is smooth and has potential in many places. The murnan version of this engine must be sick fast.

I have taken some pics will post them soon.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

For those following this thread the basic engine realy like the 2601 nova pipe it seeams to realy scream. Try it and tell me what you think
Old 04-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Im selling a NIB Murnan Modified NS12P which I believe is the same engine as the NS12TS1. If anyone is interested, you can check the for sales forum of rctech.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

I rec'd my TS1 today, should I add more head shims (orginal 0.3mm)in order to run 25% fuel

Thx
Old 04-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by v.v.
Hi all,

I rec'd my TS1 today, should I add more head shims (orginal 0.3mm)in order to run 25% fuel

Thx
actual head clearance shld be 0.5mm for 25%...
u gotta kw what head clearance u got without any shims, then add the shims accordingly...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.