Wiki Posts
Search

Modded VSpec on MSR 1005 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesse
i dont have much of any tuning problems track side man, sorry to say it wasnt a tuning issue.

what is your background? where are you located and how many races has this engine seen with such pipe configurations? who drives for AB mods or who runs them here in the states? has this engine been proven other than some dyno graphs?
I have no desire to argue with you.....if you have something to say PM me, and we can discuss things that way......

I have been PM'd by many people supporting me for posting these dyno graphs.... So I will continue to post them for everyone's benefit
Old 01-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

trust me im not wanting to argue with you, im just asking what are your credentials and how is your work proven. i dont see how this can be argumentative.

sorry for asking questions in regards to your products on a public forum, i didnt know that is forbidden.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jesse
trust me im not wanting to argue with you, im just asking what are your credentials and how is your work proven. i dont see how this can be argumentative.

sorry for asking questions in regards to your products on a public forum, i didnt know that is forbidden.
No sweat man...enjoy the dyno graphs.... as thats all this thread is about. anyone who wants to know more about Adam and AB Mods they can PM or Email him and ask whatever they choose...myself I will leave any arguments and personal opinions or vendetta's aside and let the dyno results speak for these engines and pipes...
Old 01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 85 (98%+)
Thumbs up

My AB Mods OS18TZ was a hella screamer coupled to a Vantage RC10 pipe in my MRC/Academy RT-4 GP Pro-Spec. I never got past break in with it, but even running rich I can tell this thing is gonna do very well on a Revo! Easily comparable to my EB Mods OS18TZ if not better. I have about a 1/2 gallon on the EB and it surely throws the Revo around!! NO need for a BB!!!!!
Thanks for the great motor work AB Mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW, I live in the states
Old 01-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2Stroke Al
Would you consider comparing it to a stock Vspec & 2060 for a baseline and also the 2060 on the modded motor for a better idea of what the mod has done?
So how about it Maximo? I rave about this pipe but would like to see some hard evadence to back up (or discredit ) my impresions of this pipe!

Your modded motor peaks earlier than OS's claim'd peak power/revs, could be a good thing for longevity
Old 01-15-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 2Stroke Al
So how about it Maximo? I rave about this pipe but would like to see some hard evadence to back up (or discredit ) my impresions of this pipe!

Your modded motor peaks earlier than OS's claim'd peak power/revs, could be a good thing for longevity
the dyno testing is in the works I believe.... I am only a buddy of Adam's..I don't run or own the dyno FYI....so I have no control over what gets tested and when it gets tested....

Last edited by Maximo; 01-15-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

And to clear this up before it gets mis understood. I "AB Mods" do all the engine modifications on these engines that I test.

I have a new OS 2060 pipe coming.. So its on its way and will be tested as soon as it arrives.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the jp 4 has a nice flow to to torque curve. smooth uninterupted.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

adam, what is the header length on your 1005 pipe. i have one that is a original mugen piece but dont know if the length was changed after msr got the prints?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Just curios, are the X-dyno's calibrated to each other? So will a motor ran on Xtreme's dyno read the same as any other? How are they calibrated? Coming from a stock car and drag racing background the big engine dyno's are all different.

Rex
Old 01-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

22Racer
As Im sure you have seen from ur racing background, that not every engine will dyno EXACTLY the same. You can build 2 identical engines and they will dyno CLOSE but not EXACT! For a quick example I can have 2 completly stock... say Picco P7Rs.. One will dyno 1.45 stock and the other will dyno 1.40HP stock on the same pipe fuel etc.. This is totally normal for full scale ringed car/bike engines and especially with these lapped nitro engines.. as Im sure you know from your experience. The main thing the dyno is for is before and after results. This way you know what you did to the engine worked or didnt! Theres no 2nd guessing then!

Now to answer your question.. Every X-Dyno is calibrated the same. That was the purpose of this dyno. To give repeatable and accurate #s within .01HP! Just like a Dyno Jet its calibrated the same from dyno to dyno. And just like a Dyno jet the X-Dyno has a weather station to correct to SAE correction for different temperatures and altitude etc... So basically what that means is u can dyno an engine here in Indiana and then pack up and go to Cali and the engine is going to dyno the same as it would here in IN. Thanks to that black box AKA the weather station as most know it by. If you would like to know more about the X-Dyno go to www.NitroDynesystems.com If you have any questions Email Brian from the Nitrodyne website and he can answer any questions you may have about the dyno. He is the one that designed and builds each and every X-Dyno.

tmperformance
There has been no changes to my knowledge on the MSR 1005 pipeset.... I dont have one of the original 1005 pipes here to compare it to.... But It is my understanding that its the same exact pipeset just distributed under a different name now.

I also have some more pipe test results on this same Vspec. And the JP-4 is one of them. I see you have mentioned the JP-4 so I thought I would post more of my results up for you and everyone else thats interested about that pipe with this mill. I will also be testing the OS 2060 pipeset on this engine. I'm waiting on my new 2060 pipe to get here ATM or I would already have a graph of it I was told it should arrive late this week. So as soon as it comes in I will have a graph of this pipe on this engine as well.

Here is the dyno comparison of some of the pipes I have tested so far on this modified Vspec. The pipes are a 2035, 9853, JP-4 and the MSR 1005.

Last edited by Colt4g63; 01-16-2008 at 12:04 AM.