Wiki Posts
Search

Coming back

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diamondracing
of course your going disagree with my post you drive a CEN that probably has KMw and bce and everything else that isnt a CEN. To tell someone who wants to race again after 10 years to get a CEN truggy is just not a good choice compared to others which are fast out the box and yes maifield could drive donkey and still win that was not my point. By the way Robert Hull race a matrix without updating the diffs - use the stock shocks - use the factory braces - and the factory chassis and you will finish in the Q main .
I had high hopes for CEN they just needed to many tweaks and the outcome wasnt that dramatic. Also the Team Support is lackluster compared to others.
no it had nothing to do with driving CEN or not its that you said there is a population of certain truck and that means others arent good so i was supporting the facts that thats not true

on a side note the Matrix is a very good entry level truck he never said anything about being pro in 5 days after getting it
and my truck as factory braces and factory diffs and stock shocks mabey my braces arent the original ones but they are still CEN braces and the diffs are cen in fact i used to race with the lsd untill CEN CAME OUT WITH crosspins and now i run those and ive always ran CEN shocks

and mabey you driving the matrix will put it in the q main but what about me driving it????
and thats not a flame that it a point that im trying to make mabey you driving will not work mabey your set up will not work but mabey my driving my setup will work i have more motor problems than chassis
honestly %95 percent of the time if i dont finsh a race its not cause of the car it may be servo,engine,electronics
Old 01-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

From a durability perspective, I know for a fact that the CEN Matrix line can take a real beating. We have a guy who Jason Halvorson and myself race with who owns my previous Matrix (sold it in a fit of anger at nitro in general due to the engine, wish I didn't ) Buggy as well as the truggy and has nothing but praises for its durability. He really beats his stuff, and it has held up much better than I coudl have expected.

From a performance standpoint, its pretty balanced if you use the oil setup recommended for the LSD diffs. Jumped well, turned well, was it the best at those things, no, but it did a great job.

And for how much they go for online brand new, its a steal.

Now if you are in need of the latest and greatest that Joe Pro racer is driving, you will probably want something else to dump money (alot more money) into, but if you want something that is race proven (it has its share of wins at various levels and great finishes) and very reasonably priced you can't go wrong there.

As for the OCM, I really want to give the vehicle another look. All the bad press moved me away from it, but, if the issues are fixed, and with Jason running them, if I can get a conversion, who knows, maybe I will pick one up.