Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Smart Tray SE 4510 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy Novak Smart Tray SE 4510 Problem

I just received a brand new Novak Smart Tray, and the AC adapter (4139A) it came with has the wrong size barrel connector and won't plug into it. It does come with some bare wires with the correct size barrel connector that plugs into the smart tray perfectly. Did novak send me the wrong AC unit? The box was sealed from the factory so I don't know what is up with it. Has anyone else came across this? I don't really think I should have to swap connectors? am I missing something? Attached is a pic of the adapter and the two different barrell's. I'm new to using battery equalizer/discharger so please help me out if you can. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Novak Smart Tray SE 4510 Problem-st-ac-adapter.jpg  
Old 01-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Company Representative

Jamie

Contact customer service Monday. [email protected]

If we did include the wrong connector, we will send the correct one to you.

Originally Posted by Jamie007
I just received a brand new Novak Smart Tray, and the AC adapter (4139A) it came with has the wrong size barrel connector and won't plug into it. It does come with some bare wires with the correct size barrel connector that plugs into the smart tray perfectly. Did novak send me the wrong AC unit? The box was sealed from the factory so I don't know what is up with it. Has anyone else came across this? I don't really think I should have to swap connectors? am I missing something? Attached is a pic of the adapter and the two different barrell's. I'm new to using battery equalizer/discharger so please help me out if you can. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the quick response!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't use the power supply that came with mine anyhow. I just use the other wire and plug it into my distibution block and run it off my PS for my chargers.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

I'm having the same issue. Did novak send you the corrent AC adapter. I will send them an email.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JCB
I'm having the same issue. Did novak send you the corrent AC adapter. I will send them an email.

I emailed them a and they never responded. I am going to try again.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:21 AM
The Evicerator

Jaime,

Sorry for not being able to get ahold of anyone... try emailing [email protected] or [email protected] directly to get the issue resolved!

I emailed them a and they never responded. I am going to try again.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Jaime,

Sorry for not being able to get ahold of anyone... try emailing [email protected] or [email protected] directly to get the issue resolved!
I just got a response from Charlie, and I will be getting a replacement adapter. Thanks for your help!