RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 04:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Camber links

Just like to say to all my fellow Lab drivers

MMMMMEEEEERRRRRYYYYYYY XMAS.

Chrisman and Seaball

How do you find the car with the camber links mounted on the top deck instead of the shock tower?

What shells are all you guys running? I am using a Hot Bodies Stratus at the moment but will be changing to a RSX after driving Remo's car!! Boy his car is quick.
Old 12-24-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Camber links mounted on top deck is awesome..................... Bodies......300M Protofoam or the new Stratus. we loved the 4 dr touring style..............wanna try the Falcon next.... Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>
Old 12-24-2002, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

chriman, i think we think in parallel. that 300m was gonna be my next body! jerk!

ftd - i've been running the protoform vauxhall vectra. i really like it, but i can't get it to sit as low as i'd like appearancewise. i never measured roof height to see if i'm legal. that was my thinking with the 300m. higher hood so that i can drop it down a bit more. most people here are using either the proto stratus 2.0 or the new parma x20 body. both are awesome. the stratus is pretty short, so it gives a tiny bit more room.

i've said it before. i built the car with the links on top so i don't have a comparison. apparently it works well...hehe. i'm sticking to it.

later fellas.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Hello,

Just finished a day of racing yesterday from Rancity Lynwood Washington.It was a good trip.Worth every bid of my time there.Had really good racing and people there are really nice.Bumped into Travis and Franco... nice see them there.Wished we had my brought 19 turn motor to run with them.I ran in the stock class with my buddy (OSH).We were going to run mod,but no one was running that class...oh well next time.

Ran my car from changing the set ups for foams to rubber as Stock sedans runs rubber and so as 19 turn specs too.We had a blast...I haven't seen the racing scene for probably 4 months...hee!!hee!!..but as I said again all worth it.

The lab car show up @ the race track for the first time and made some good impression for other racers to look at.Gave my buddy Tc3 the run for its buck...
Seems like not much people actually seen the car in person.Oh well,I'll be appearing at the track more soon.
In stock class my buddy came in first but I was right behind him probably close to 2 sec apart.Track at Raincity is smooth and traction is really high for rubber tire.TQ8+ compound used.It's awesome. I got on power steering every where.I'll try to post some pics of the track next time.

My next body would be the Stratus body......got to try out the new body and see if I can go faster than my 300M...sorry Seaball,we think alike...
Old 12-31-2002, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

well done chrisman. we gotta keep bringin' it. we're starting a new season for the spring on carpet, and now i'm curious about how spooling the front end would do. i've got off power oversteer and a small on power push. i would think this to be cleared up with a tight front diff, or a spool all together. any advice? have a good new year everyone. later, chris.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

congrats chrisman, great job representin the lab. that would be really nice to see more labs out there. too bad i am the only one runnin it around here. Closest crew with labs are in Florida. which is actuallly near a cousin of mine. Who knows what is gonna happen.

Seaball: what is a spool, i heard of it in a T/E maxx, but what do they do??
right now my lab just got a new bod (stratus 2.0, will give a samll review after its painted) and some new 3300. Ive just been workin on my off road project. Very time consuming, but close to finished.

holla
nate
Old 12-31-2002, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

cool nate. i wanna see some pics. a spool is a solid front pulley. the outdrives are just "bolted" to the pulley so that it is locked. that means there is no diff action durring turning. makes on power steering better, and off power steering more difficult or a push generally speaking. i've never run with one, and i'm afraid to do it for the first race of the season. but i missed practice this sunday past and won't likely practice till mid season. i dunno. maybe i'll arrive early with it already in. we'll see.

have a great new year to everyone reading this. stay safe!
later kids,
seaball.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Where's everyone?...... Just tried putting on my AVATAR....that's my ride ...
Old 01-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

yeah, chris. i drove a 91 jetta for six years. go figure!
Old 01-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

i didn't have the euro grille though.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

I'll get a pic of my ride here next...
Old 01-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

c'mon chris. i'm waiting...

actually i've got some more pics to post when i get a chance. my beautiful girlfriend got me a digi camera for the holidays. how nice! now i just have to figure a way to connect the hardware. in time.

the spool is here!

man, i'm excited. just yesterday i got a great idea for its construction. instead of using a diff and screwing both halves together through the diff holes(lame), i decided to use the one way pulley. ahhahha, it came out sweet! once i found out that the hex was 1/2" on the pulley, i got some aluminum hex standoffs and away i went. they had a threaded center so i ran a .125 pin through them and put them on my com lathe. 15 passes (each) later i had my .391 diameter outdrive blanks. how cool. then, with some dremeling and finish filing i had the slots at .123 perfect for the blades. i wish i could post the pics right now. it's so nice. rc lab should make some and include them with the kits. what a great tool for beginners instead of the one way. only the few kits out there are being run on asphalt with large turns. i've seen those european circuits. huge!!!!!! oh well, for now i'll be the lone manufacturer.

another stroke of brilliance?

perhaps. as you know i've been complaining about the dirty diffs with the larger pullies. well...i've finally come up with a fully sealed system. and it's simple and extremely cheap.

short side:
nothing more than a piece of monokote sticker stuck on the side of the pulley. works best with the delrin outdrives as the outdrive flange is thicker for the i.d. of the sticker to seal on.

long side:
this was today's discovery. i found that a no. 21 oring fits snuggly inside the pulley and is only 1/16 thick. after the diff is newly rebuilt, i just shove it in and it seals the gap. to keep it in place i just run a bead of ca where it meets the inside of the pulley.

voila. virtually 100% sealed. i tested the sticker on both sides for the last few weeks. today i pulled them out to reveal that the short side was immaculatey clean. now, with my oring on the long, i'll hopefully stop bitching.

pics to come soon.
later fellas,
chris.

btw - i've also constructed a wider bumber from polycarbonate both top and bottom. a bit on the heavy side, but even better than my original c/f top plate. this stuff flexes! hummmm.... not a bad idea for a bumper. hehe. live and learn eh?
Old 01-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Wow...seaball..you sure have lots of time on your hands..It pays out in the end.Good results...What can I say..wish I have more time.Got so many things to do.Will be racing at Raincity again this week.Hopefully,get to run the 19t spec class otherwise stock.

Keep up the good work....lets see some of the quality pics..as for mine...still in the floppy somewhere.Go to find it laterr......Cya..
Old 01-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

here is my RClab
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-nate-rc-car-1a.jpg  
Old 01-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

More.... the rest of the car...Looks good at the frt..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.