Default Re: Evo...

Originally posted by sonneteer
The latest RC Lab 7even is the EVo1!!!!
Ver.II in US is the same as EVO1 in UK.
Old 11-27-2001, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Talking REPLIES

Hi Guys,
My comp has been down so I couldnt respond. Oh well, the trophy race was a real blast!!! Got my TQ back again!!! Will try to respond every now and then using another comp.

Chrisman - r u posting my cars pics? can u also send them to me - email is [email protected].

Jzone - will call u every now and then to ask questions, i hope u dont mind

Myx - OOpps , forgot to return your copper springs, i'll do it on the 8th

cya guys.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Shockwave ... sorry to give u the wrong ###....hope you have the right one now.Give me a shout...

Sonneteer....
Cool body...I always like the details from Tamiya.Got any more to show.I have one painted like a nascar....Pics coming.

RCspeedo
Yes..pics coming soon..Have to sleep and work you know.
Pics should look good.Only thing I'm not posting are the drivers muck!! shots..They all be wanted on the poster wall.

later...
Chrisman
Old 11-29-2001, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Chrisman...

I got another Alfa 155 shell to be done in another colour scheme.... the 155 is quite boxy so very easy to custom the body paint with straight lines....

right now though, I want to work on another shell based on the Alfa 156.... but I havent picked the body yet, I am not sure I like the details (or the lack of it) from protoform.

Anyone can recommend the best makers of the Alfa 156?

Hopefully I am getting an airbrush for Chrismas so I can start learning the art..... until then masking tape will do....
Old 11-30-2001, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Lots of fun and good racing last weekend!

Here's an update: 5 out of 6 7even drivers made it into the "A" mains in their respected class with one taking the T.Q. Congrats Tristan.

I'd have to say that all the cars handled very well all weekend. There were alot of exchange of information too and equipment to help each other out as much as possible. (eg. motor turning, dyno, batt. assembly, sharing springs, discharges, pinions etc.)

I'm happy to report that breakage was almost non existant and was kept to I believe 2 to 3 parts this weekend between all the drivers. I would like to boast that I didn't break a single part, thank you. Too bad I can't say that about my batts.

I did notice that as the weekend progressed, and the traction came up. We had to stiffen up the suspention at the same time use firmer compound tires. I started at practice with Sorex 32, mid low springs/ 40 w oil. By the mains my setup changed to 40 tires, hard springs and 50/60 w oil. This seems consistant with the rest of the team. Something to think at your next carpet trophy race.

All in all I'd have to say we did the 7even proud and had alot of fun to boot!

Chrisman- You don't need sleep! Lets see the pics.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Can someone post some spur and pinion sizez running P2K Pro...

I am currently trying out 126/40 and 128/40 for small technical track.... I think I am getting good pick up but top end suffers...

Thanks
Old 11-30-2001, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

will do
Old 12-02-2001, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

sonneteer.....this is what i run on my p2k. 122/38,39,40

pending on the type of layout on the track . i run at a track that's 100x48.

later
Old 12-03-2001, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Jzone... thanks... I will check the ratios out....
Old 12-03-2001, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

sonneteer,,,,how are you at motor tuning? what are you running in your p2k pro?brush combo, springs?

later
Old 12-03-2001, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sonneteer,

Jzone gearing is most effective so far.He ran a green machine and geared 122x39 and it was ballastic fast.Just wish he had hold on the power...hee!!hee!!! no more hitting dots.
That motor has some oomph!!in it.My turn next..Hint!!hint!!

Chrisman.

P/S.We all weight our car for the previous race,Our cars are under weight.......only one was a pig.It was my 6.0 ver 2.Probably all the aluminum and hd parts.Just info....
Old 12-04-2001, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Jzone.... I just got the motor and havent got around to try to do anything to it.... I am a newbie on motor tuning, but since my backgroung is electronics and power electronics, I am thingking of doing some experiments on the power delivery and ESC side first,here in UK I find it difficult to get all the brushes and spring advice easily...

Chrisman..... I just got those gear ratios.... as soon as I get me LRP ESC back from repair I shall try them in a large car park.... comparing with my mates super hopped-up TAo2 with 11t motor!!!

I heard that in some really long and smooth tracks someone is running 125/54?!?
Old 12-04-2001, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

About the GM3.... I heard they are ballistic and I just saw in my LHS a GM3 Pro.... I wonder if it is better that the GM3? Is it true that although the P2KPro is better overall but the GM3 has more grunt... more sutable to small technical track?

you can see the track at http://trccc.com click on the gallery (even if the cursor dont change to a finger!!!) Not quite finished site yet....

About the weight issue... I havent weigh my car yet but it does feel heavy.... I noticed that the carbon fiber chassis and top plates looks significantly thicker than the likes of schumacher and HPI...

By the way in a few weeks time hopefully I will betrying out some lightweight Acetol diff body and outdrives....

Old 12-06-2001, 03:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default gear ratios

Jzone, Chrisan,

I just got hold of a 122 spur and I tried it on y car with a 40 pinion...

To my surprise, no matter how I tried, the two gears barely mesh together. This is because the motor cannot go any further up to mesh the gears properly.

How did you you manage to get them to mesh correctly with the 40t? let alone the 38, 39??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.