Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Conversion To Brushless Help >

Conversion To Brushless Help

Conversion To Brushless Help

Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Conversion To Brushless Help

Hello everyone I have asked this before on this forum and two other websites forums. But noone can answer this for some reason.

Question - How To Convert A STOCK Rustler To A Brushless One Like My VXL, I Want To Put A Mamba Max Motor In A STOCK Rustler What And How Can I Do This And What Will It Cost?

Please Reply!

If You Need To Contact Me For Some Reason Here Is My E-mail

[email protected]
Old 01-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The first thing is to be "conservative" -- Most stock RTR trucks (like the Rustler) have weakspots that can cause problems if you bolt on too much power (Some locals tried Novak 6.5's and shredded the transmission gears for example). Just look at all the things Traxxas "upgraded" on their brushless trucks for the Velineon power system...

Back to the key items -- a normal brushed ESC will not work with a brushless motor, so your best bet is to buy a "combo" of a brushless ESC and a "matching" brushless motor. The Traxxas Velineon combo is a real bargain, Novak sells XBR/10.5EX combo's that are reasonable. I would worry that the Mamba will be too much, but that's your call...