Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i wasn't singling you out i actually didn't see any of yours and your stand made sense...look at the KO Helios and JR radio - looks identical through, but supposedly the case was just made by KO for JR, but all the guts inside were completely different...but yet, the sceens and functionality was just about identical...no idea

i was just referring to the 'why not ROAR sportsman speedos, like my RS on the official list' kind of guys

those guys are always good for a laugh or two
I was picking on me, but felt it was totally justified in doing so.

Its funny how those of us who own a couple of those RSs know its not good for the class. We know it is a completely different playing field.

Dumb idea for today:

We can create knock offs of the Cirtix with RS guts in them. Sell them for less than what we paid, and all of our customers can win tiny bowling trophies at local events! .... or get their name mentioned over the PA system. Instead of Go fight win! We can chant: Pay Cheat Fail!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im still hoping for Jim Campbell to make a VTA specific ESC that is super smooth, very adjustable within the allowed parameters and so small you will have trouble soldering everything onto it.

And the case has to look sexy. Dont forget the sexy case..
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Im still hoping for Jim Campbell to make a VTA specific ESC that is super smooth, very adjustable within the allowed parameters and so small you will have trouble soldering everything onto it.

And the case has to look sexy. Dont forget the sexy case..
well at least we got a new body...oh boy!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

You got it.

OK here is the C main.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default NEW Mustang Body from McAllister

Gary McAllister has built a NEW 69 Mustang body for VTA racing...

His original Mustang that he's had for 15 years+ was designed for an old WIDE Pan Car and didn't fit the bill for VTA - so he's built one that will.

Hopefully it will be approved for VTA use w/ no issues.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

he already did....NEW BODY!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default McAllister Camaro

Maybe it's come up before and I missed it, but since we're talking McAllister, what keeps the IROC Camaro body part #275 out of the club? Is the front end sloped too far making it more like an oval body and lacking scale? Or is it too late of a year model? Just wondering because if scale is the issue, none of the Parma bodies really look very scale either. They are just nice because they are so tough.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-camaro.png  
Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

I like it. I think the selling point will be that it is a one piece shell. I think I like the HPI better but this one will be easier to get from the bag to the track and Pooooosibly might hold up better to the scars of war.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
Gary McAllister has built a NEW 69 Mustang body for VTA racing...

His original Mustang that he's had for 15 years+ was designed for an old WIDE Pan Car and didn't fit the bill for VTA - so he's built one that will.

Hopefully it will be approved for VTA use w/ no issues.

glad to see another body manufacturer jumping into (or revising his entry for) the USVTA arena
Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
Maybe it's come up before and I missed it, but since we're talking McAllister, what keeps the IROC Camaro body part #275 out of the club? Is the front end sloped too far making it more like an oval body and lacking scale? Or is it too late of a year model? Just wondering because if scale is the issue, none of the Parma bodies really look very scale either. They are just nice because they are so tough.
That's a later model 2nd gen Camaro shell (1974-1981). The "Golden Era" of the Trans-Am series was history by the time the '74 Camaro was sold to the public.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Kudos to McAllister for creating a VTA body. If it comes with window masks and headlight decals, I think I found a replacement for my Pegasus Mustang!!

I would like to see if McAllister could make a '70 Camaro that looks better than the current Pegasus offering.

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 09-29-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Instead of a chassis list, approved spedo list, or anything so formal I think that VTA should do something like the guys who run those Grassroots Motorsports 24 Hours of Lemons thing does where each car is inspected by judges who determine if it is in keeping with the spirit of VTA racing and assign Bullshit Factor Laps based on how much stench of cheaterdom or spendyness they detect. For instance, if they see an Xray T3 or any newer $600 chassis thats worth a few docked laps. Ceramic bearings a docked lap, funny expensive gear diffs are a docked lap each, and don't even TRY to be subjective, just throw the book at people until they get it: This is about fair, slow racing of often obsolete hardware on a shoestring budget. I think it would even out pretty quick.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Stay within the rules and who cares what chassis anyone uses or how much money they throw into their rig....Lets race and let the setup and driver do the talking.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

I think the current formula works very well. The beauty of the whole thing is that you can run a $600 kit. It's not illegal. It's just more embarrasing when someone dust you with a TC3.

I might add that getting to this point was like passing kidney stones so lets enjoy the nice well established rule set. Thanks Robk for making the right hard choices.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I think the current formula works very well. The beauty of the whole thing is that you can run a $600 kit. It's not illegal. It's just more embarrasing when someone dust you with a TC3.

I might add that getting to this point was like passing kidney stones so lets enjoy the nice well established rule set. Thanks Robk for making the right hard choices.
+1 +1 +1

Ditto on the Thank You to Robk for all his dedication and steadfast direction, keep it up, "steady as she goes".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.