Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 06-08-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

well for all the Tekin RS's that are banned from VTA will find new homes, along with the 21.5, in F1

Yep.
Unfortunately the new rules are going to shelf my vta car for quite some time. (not that I disagree with them)
I just can't spend the $$ for a new motor and esc.

So obviously my vote is for "todays"vta rules in tomorrows F1.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
well for all the Tekin RS's that are banned from VTA will find new homes, along with the 21.5, in F1

Yep.
Unfortunately the new rules are going to shelf my vta car for quite some time. (not that I disagree with them)
I just can't spend the $$ for a new motor and esc.

So obviously my vote is for "todays"vta rules in tomorrows F1.
jd - we're not changing the rules in September at SJCCR or Jackson...and we'll re-visit the new rules come the beginning of 2011 so you'll be good for VTA with us for a while
Old 06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Good deal.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm selling my TA05R VTA set up. For the last 3 years it has been one of the top VTA cars around. Just add your reciver and servo and it's ready to go. If anyone's interested, here's the link http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-tl01-f-s.html

Last edited by Racer X79; 06-13-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I had a great weekend of VTA racing! Saturday saw a high grip permanent track host some seriously serious VTA racers going absolutely balls out for the win with a heavy helping of hilariously ill-timed hacking. When I arrived at the track on Sunday, one of the guys from Saturday handed me a piece of my 'stang that he found embedded in his Camaro.

Sunday brought our traveling circus to a temporary track and had us rushing straight through all three rounds of qualifying in an effort to beat mother nature to the punch. As the VTA A-main came to the line there was a drop, then another drop, but we inverted the grid, pointed them in the opposite direction and hit the START button. Low and behold, the rains came and nobody wussed out! WE RACED LIKE REAL MEN (albeit with toy cars) for 8 minutes with steam filling the windshields, the occasional cogging esc/motor, slipping and sliding galore, improbable passes of appalling bravado, heartbreaking wrecks (everyone on track hit the purple Camaro in rapid succession, breaking the early leader), dozens of lead changes, nudity, suspension failures, electronics failure, ego failures, triumphant finishes, last lap disasters, and FUN TO AN EXTENT I'VE RARELY EXPERIENCED.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That's a great post race recap from racing

While the Indy VTA racers can't boast about exciting racing this past Friday, we are beginning to see that the 25.5 motor will create great racing on a small carpet track. We haven't had a chance to try the 25.5 on a larger indoor carpet or outdoor asphalt track.

Sunday we had a rain free day in the parking lot. We have a several guys fine tuning their setups in preparation for a VTA and RCGT tropy race at Ft. Wayne, IN this Sunday June 20, 2010. This race is part of a the Ft. Wayne, IN 2010 Ribfest. Here is a link on Hobbytalk that contains more info including photos and a short video from racing last year at the same location. (http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=289556).

For anyone interested in this event, there is a permanent pavilion to pit under that has plenty of power outlets as well as bathrooms.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I had a great weekend of VTA racing! Saturday saw a high grip permanent track host some seriously serious VTA racers going absolutely balls out for the win with a heavy helping of hilariously ill-timed hacking. When I arrived at the track on Sunday, one of the guys from Saturday handed me a piece of my 'stang that he found embedded in his Camaro.

Sunday brought our traveling circus to a temporary track and had us rushing straight through all three rounds of qualifying in an effort to beat mother nature to the punch. As the VTA A-main came to the line there was a drop, then another drop, but we inverted the grid, pointed them in the opposite direction and hit the START button. Low and behold, the rains came and nobody wussed out! WE RACED LIKE REAL MEN (albeit with toy cars) for 8 minutes with steam filling the windshields, the occasional cogging esc/motor, slipping and sliding galore, improbable passes of appalling bravado, heartbreaking wrecks (everyone on track hit the purple Camaro in rapid succession, breaking the early leader), dozens of lead changes, nudity, suspension failures, electronics failure, ego failures, triumphant finishes, last lap disasters, and FUN TO AN EXTENT I'VE RARELY EXPERIENCED.
Sam Posey has nothing on you! That is one well crafted paragraph.

Papo's race Saturday was such a blast Greg. I had an epic battle during the main (one of the more exciting races of my life) and it was for fourth place of all things.

Sounds like Sunday was just as fun if not better.
I am SOOO glad I decided to go the vta-F1 route this weekend.
Close racing,low cost and a big bag of fun.
Made the long drive home feel like a 20 minute ride.
VTA and F1 is where it's at.

Hate to say this bro, but I think peaches has seen better days... Duct tape can only do so much lol

That body should be turned into a vta trophy :-)
Old 06-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe

What purple Camaro? I only saw a Purple 'Cuda The grid wasn't so much inverted as it was, "everyone find a spot and lets get this thing started before it pours!" I did wuss out by the way, I pulled with 2 min left. Not nessacerly cause of the rain, but because I just could not see the far turns standing all the way to the right of the track, not even on the drivers stand, and did not have my glasses on. After I spun you, I said to myself "you've caused enough damage, take it off."
Old 06-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Twiztid Rock
What purple Camaro? I only saw a Purple 'Cuda ....
Cuda, Camaro, I couldn't see diddly squat with the rain pouring off the brim of my buoy hat. That race was exciting BECAUSE of all the calamity.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

...I had an epic battle during the main (one of the more exciting races of my life) and it was for fourth place of all things. ....I am SOOO glad I decided to go the vta-F1 route this weekend. Close racing,low cost and a big bag of fun. Made the long drive home feel like a 20 minute ride. VTA and F1 is where it's at.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Hate to say this bro, but I think peaches has seen better days... Duct tape can only do so much lol That body should be turned into a vta trophy :-)
Apparently the racing gods have heard your plea because a certain artist of the airbrush just donated "a proper Peaches paint job" to me.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

WE NEED PICS!
Peaches II
Old 06-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

WE NEED PICS!
Peaches II
Peaches III, the first one was the orange/white Camaro in Ray Murray's avatar. Michael(xray)angelo says PIII will debut at the Jackson ROC on July 17th.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi i need to find a new lipo because my SMC battery decided it doesnt want to be used anymore and puffed. i was curious if you guys could give a recommendation on a new battery.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default TA05 part

Anybody have an extra part "K9" (page 5 of the manual)? It's the center pulley cover. The part tree number is 115355.

I bought a used roller and the previous owner cut the antenna tube mount.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Austin Strykul
Hi i need to find a new lipo because my SMC battery decided it doesnt want to be used anymore and puffed. i was curious if you guys could give a recommendation on a new battery.
Austin, I've got 5 Zippy Flightmax 4000mah 25c hardcase packs. 3 are over a year old and still doing great. $25 bucks a piece and I've had no problems buying from Hong Kong. www.hobbycity.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.