Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The chattering I am seeing is occuring on low speed turns, a few of them 180s. Seems like when the tire wants to break free on the turn it "chatters" around it. This is ocurring noticeably in the rear of the vehicle only. Front bites fine.

definitely was too soft then at one point I could flip the car even at very low speeds.

I actually feel more part of my 1/12 than my VTA when driving, and it didn't have the tire setup that others were recommending on it.

got the TC3 setups to compare. I did the standard on, and I also did the one from 2003 LRP Masters where the guy ran LRP tires on what he listed as high bite carpet. Also uses a oneway.

I think I may setup my vehicles (have 2 of the same car) similar to this at least with what can apply, one with a oneway, one without and see the differences.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi All, been following this but it seems I must have missed something....Did anyone REALLY answer the question as to WHY it was decided that one ways would not be allowed in the scale champs? Personally I understand certain potential problems with them but...they are an integral part of setup choice and a driver is either good with it or isn't. I know this could be a preventative measure on the part of the host track but isn't it overkill ?? Let the drivers drive. If a driver is a hazard to other drivers it probably goes alot deeper than just having a one way.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hi All, been following this but it seems I must have missed something....Did anyone REALLY answer the question as to WHY it was decided that one ways would not be allowed in the scale champs? Personally I understand certain potential problems with them but...they are an integral part of setup choice and a driver is either good with it or isn't. I know this could be a preventative measure on the part of the host track but isn't it overkill ?? Let the drivers drive. If a driver is a hazard to other drivers it probably goes alot deeper than just having a one way.
hhmmm you know, we didn't really get a good answer
Old 02-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
mine is with a diff and I run the standard setup(rubbber)...with about 7-10mm ride hieght...dont ask why, but it works for my diving style...and it looks cool coming around corners

not sure about spool or one-way

http://67.199.85.166/racing/setups.php
HEY...Thanks man, I've been searching the Associated site for set ups for the TC3, I don't know where you found them on the site. I have 2 TC3's, we have a GT class , which is any 4wd touring car and Mabuchi silver can motor. I have 1 car set up for asphalt with a Barry Baker setup (summer racing), Really soft and it works great. I am looking for a carpet set up for the other car and now I think i have some better info. I think I'll try the standard set up you referred for starters...Thanks again, I now have that link in my FAVS.

TJ
Old 02-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone with a TC3 use those little wings on the sides that come with it? what do they actually do?
Old 02-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Nerfing

Originally Posted by CHARLIE BROWN
does anyone with a TC3 use those little wings on the sides that come with it? what do they actually do?
They keep the rear wheels from snapping off when you smack the wall. Sometimes they even work
Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHARLIE BROWN
they don't come stock with the TC3 - they were/are made by BRP and were VERY useful in protecting the rear arms on the car

just like the BRP wide front bumper was very helpful for protecting the front arms on the car
Old 02-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
they don't come stock with the TC3 - they were/are made by BRP and were VERY useful in protecting the rear arms on the car

just like the BRP wide front bumper was very helpful for protecting the front arms on the car
...and for bump drafting
Old 02-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

BRP stuff was darn near mandatory at the track I ran at out east. Ran all the bumpers, front, rear, and the wings.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:28 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

When I had a TC3 the BRP wings really helped prevent breaking the rear arms.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Anybody affiliated with the host track feel like fielding an answer?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am not affiliated with the track but I was at last years race. There were alot of crashes that could have been prevented if the drivers were not running a one-way. Being the car in front that gets hit from the guy in back sucks. With the close door to door racing in a carpet track there is only a small amount of time avoid wrecks. Will full time 4WD, braking is a option to avoid wrecking.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

I can only hope this doesn't sound argumentative but....Were those drivers told to change the diff to a spool or ball diff ?? Just how was the determination made that it was the one way vs. the overall skill level of the driver ?? Was there a expert class and a sportsman class ? Which class were these drivers in ? And if they were experts..were they asked to drive in sportsman after causing so many wrecks?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have them on my TC3...and they seem to work very well...I havent broke any rear arms at all....
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-wednesday-night-ta-001.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-wednesday-night-ta-003.jpg  
Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What cars are you guys noticing taking most of the top spots from week to week....or is it any car any given night??? Just wondering if the guys that buy the T3's....etc....have an advantage......or do the motor/batt/speedo rules really keep this equal??

Thanks,
R

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.