Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jinxed
Ok lets go back to mabuchi motors and resistor speed controls.
Hey, his resistor is bigger than mine....

We are all racers and want the best of all equipment to gain whatever edge we can get on the competition. Why else has Tekin converted so many racers to their product? A GTB will run any brushless motor. Racers buy the RS because it is FAST!!!

Tekin has some very smart cookies working there no doubt. I just wonder how long it would take for someone (outside of Tekin) to hack the code and create a hybred profile with the Trans-Am lights and chimes with just a little bit of timing and boost thrown in. I can see it now.... "psttt, over here kid. You want the new trick outlaw T/A profile for your RS? It's got the blinky light and the chime so no one will know. Only thirty bucks and you will be the fastest T/A on the track........ "

Wrap your head around this senario and soon you will see why the USVTA has decided to spec non-adjustable/ non-programable speed controlers for THEIR sanctioned events.

Just remember, club racing can and will allways massage the rules for their program, and that's OK now and in the future.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

IS this going to be your final ansewer 25.5 novak or lrp ?
I would like to know so I dont have to keep buying .
Old 01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
I just wonder how long it would take for someone (outside of Tekin) to hack the code and create a hybred profile with the Trans-Am lights and chimes with just a little bit of timing and boost thrown in. I can see it now.... "psttt, over here kid. You want the new trick outlaw T/A profile for your RS? It's got the blinky light and the chime so no one will know. Only thirty bucks and you will be the fastest T/A on the track........ "
Old 01-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J Blaze
IS this going to be your final ansewer 25.5 novak or lrp ?
I would like to know so I dont have to keep buying .
It appears that way.

It's an excellent opportunity to start a 21.5 rubber tire TC class. The 21.5 is soon to be the new "stock" motor. Would need a new body and new tires is all. Just another option.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
With the rules as they've been written, ANYBODY can eyeball rules compliance with the body off a car at any time. If a non-approved esc or motor is present, the car is non-compliant.
That was the whole point behind a specific led sequence. I woulnd't have thought that simply turning on a speedo and verifying a led sequence was too much to ask. Apparently I'm wrong.

We could build a new speedo. However this speedo would need to be profitable for us to so. The VTA series is a great idea as a whole, but in it's current state is a small slice of the market...time will tell.

Hacking our code is out of the question. I've had "offers" and challenges many times before. I don't see this happening anytime soon.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
It appears that way.

It's an excellent opportunity to start a 21.5 rubber tire TC class. The 21.5 is soon to be the new "stock" motor. Would need a new body and new tires is all. Just another option.
Another class for an old guy like me
Old 01-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

i guess for me, i am curious to see what people figure out with the new rules in say 6 months after they go into effect that we are then looking at a 30.5 or whatever motor Or maybe say screw it and go 1S 25.5 setup!

Anyway, as it seems, looks like those who like the current 21.5 style rules may just run ROAR style?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I suddenly figured it out...the Tekin RS is, basically, meth for RC racers. Look at the evidence:

:
and Randy Pike is my dealer
Old 01-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lugnutz1
and Randy Pike is my dealer
Shh, keep that on the DL.....
Old 01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hacking our code is out of the question. I've had "offers" and challenges many times before. I don't see this happening anytime soon.
How soon could this be accomplished? Let's say 12 months from now, or only 3 months into the new rules.......

it could happen........

I know racers allways want the best and fastest, real or just percived. I also know reverse engineering can and does happen.

I ran Tekin exclusively in all my R/c cars up till my first forray into brushless which was my T/A car and had since the early 90's. I know Tekin is a good company with great product. I send kudos to them for trying to help out their customers that run T/A, but let's face it, their product is too good for the direction I originally set for T/A and where Rob has T/A headed in the future.

The price of being too good at what you do?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Too much fun....

And conntrary to anyone's belief NO there will not be a Randy Pike bobble head doll...sorry for those that pre ordered.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Too much fun....

And conntrary to anyone's belief NO there will not be a Randy Pike bobble head doll...sorry for those that pre ordered.
Bummer, and I spoke directly to Sheri about getting one

just because the 'national' group don't want the vta-tekin software, there are many more that would like to see Tekin do this, with or without the RandyBobblehead, so plllleeeeeaaaase
Old 01-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Too much fun....

Thats BS, it was going to be my driver figure.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lugnutz1
Thats BS, it was going to be my driver figure.
Ok what happened to stripper Barbie????
Old 01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

That was the whole point behind a specific led sequence. I woulnd't have thought that simply turning on a speedo and verifying a led sequence was too much to ask. Apparently I'm wrong.

We could build a new speedo. However this speedo would need to be profitable for us to so. The VTA series is a great idea as a whole, but in it's current state is a small slice of the market...time will tell.

Randy, first I mean no offense in what about to say.

As someone in the programming field, I have to say that so far there hasn't been a reason to hack your software as everyone wants the lastest put out by Tekin.

As soon as a class is depending on software for equality- someone will hack it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.