Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
I bet it will attract more racers. its gonna be alot easier for a new racer to join the class when he is limited to what equiptment
And this will eliminate the guys like me who just bought their first Brush-less system. Its not my fault that I got back into racing after 3 years and bought the most advanced set up there was, If I had been limited to what you are saying I would not have started running T/A at all............
Old 11-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is at the bottom of the rules page on the VTA website. I am sure everyone has read this already.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: If it's not in the rules, and does not encompass the spirit of slower, controlled racing with realistic looking cars, consider it illegal. This is called the "Spirit of VTA" Rule. The class is based on slower, equal playing field competition with less traction, minimal aerodynamic aids and mostly older carpet racing technology. The final objective is close, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing for all. All decisions of the race promoter or track owner are final.

These adjustable ESC's would be considered illegal because it speeds up the cars. It is stated right here in the gray area.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
And this will eliminate the guys like me who just bought their first Brush-less system. Its not my fault that I got back into racing after 3 years and bought the most advanced set up there was, If I had been limited to what you are saying I would not have started running T/A at all............
Again, I'd say racer like you are the root of the problem.

What you buy is your business, but I'd have to ask why when joining a class that is supposed to be about slower, closer racing, you felt the need to buy the top end stuff.

So if you had buy lower end stuff you wouldn't race VTA at all? that makes no sense.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
What you buy is your business, but I'd have to ask why when joining a class that is supposed to be about slower, closer racing, you felt the need to buy the top end stuff.
Because it doesn't say anywhere in the NATIONAL VTA rules that we can't run a $1000 set up

Hey, love it or hate it these ESC's are legal and the majority of VTA guys run em. You know what they say, if you can't beat em, join em...
Old 11-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Fine then quit racing simple as that. I been around alot of motor racing most of my life. Ive done tech for a few years at the local drag strip ive worked at a dirt track in tech (now a menards) and rules change all the time and guess what. you still see the same racers and alot of them too don't have alot of $$ to begin with so they either 1 comply with the rules or 2 they end up steping up to a class that lets them run what they have or have to make less changes then they would if they stayed in the class they were in.the racers dedicated to the class there in will make the changes or again they will move on.thats why (I think) Rob and Co don't wana make the changes because of that kind of attitude.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
Because it doesn't say anywhere in the NATIONAL VTA rules that we can't run a $1000 set up

Hey, love it or hate it these ESC's are legal and the majority of VTA guys run em. You know what they say, if you can't beat em, join em...
But you missed the point, he flat out said he would never have raced VTA if he couldn't buy the $1000 set up.

There are plenty of money pit dying TC classes for him.

Maybe you missed this part of the rules

"If it's not in the rules, and does not encompass the spirit of slower, controlled racing with realistic looking cars, consider it illegal. This is called the "Spirit of VTA" Rule. The class is based on slower, equal playing field competition with less traction, minimal aerodynamic aids and mostly older carpet racing technology. The final objective is close, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing for all. All decisions of the race promoter or track owner are final."

So again, why pick a class like this if you want top dollar equipment.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

But you missed the point, he flat out said he would never have raced VTA if he couldn't buy the $1000 set up.

"If it's not in the rules, and does not encompass the spirit of slower, controlled racing with realistic looking cars, consider it illegal. This is called the "Spirit of VTA" Rule. The class is based on slower, equal playing field competition with less traction, minimal aerodynamic aids and mostly older carpet racing technology. The final objective is close, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing for all. All decisions of the race promoter or track owner are final."

I understand the rules but regardless not all drivers are created equal. There's a varying degree of skill in the class. Should we also ban guys that are accomplished experienced drivers and will inevitably lap the majority of the field anyway? I mean why change the rules to please the few that refuse to evolve and embrace the newer technology that's available? This class is very successful as it is, why try and fix what's not broken?

Also most guys run this class because this is a popular class and there's a guaranteed turn out at most tracks week after week.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This ESC topic will never end, there are always racers that have something as an excuse of why they are not wining, like I said before now the excuse is the ESC, then will be the car kit, etc, etc, etc....

just race, you guys are looking at this point "I don't win because he has better equip" is you are serious about the spirit of vintage (Those that use this against adv. esc) then just have fun, that's whats this class is about "have fun" if you don't use an advance esc. then you will be in a lower main with people of the same speed as you. why bother if someone else is faster. I race this class for the fun to be able to race against my 9 year old son, I got lucky to find a sweet setup for my TC3 and be very competitive at my local track.

we need to move with technology, this benefits the local tracks to stay open, they get to sell equipment, we don't need to stick with flinstone's technology... it's just life, I'm sure everyone has a nice looking cell phone and not a old brick that weights 5 lbs right???

Last edited by RC-ProSpeed; 11-26-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

and BTW, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone... Lets keep tha class alive and keep having fun racing
Old 11-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

For those talking about changing this class to spec in all the ways, I remember that Trinity came out with a spec rtr kit years ago, and look where is now...nowhere

Just something to think about... This class would loose a lot of racers if it gets a really spec class... (my thoughts only)
Old 11-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
For those talking about changing this class to spec in all the ways, I remember that Trinity came out with a spec rtr kit years ago, and look where is now...nowhere

Just something to think about... This class would loose a lot of racers if it gets a really spec class... (my thoughts only)
Slash seems to be doing fine as a spec class. So maybe it was b/c it was Trinity.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah but even Slash/SC is starting to have tire issues.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I dont know if any of you racers keep up with N.H.R.A. drag racing or not but the powers that be tried to slow the Top Fuel cars down by limiting gear , them limiting nitro, now by shortening the tracks to 1000 feet. Guess what ? They are still going the same top speeds. Advancements are going to happen in all forms of racing , either embrace them or stop racing the class! If you want to keep up then go buy what the fast guys have, if you still cant keep up I guess you need some set up and driving lessons. Look people I`ve been racing RC for 20 years , I`ve seen the classes evolve , Ive seen Oval die off. Lipos are the new World order along side advancements in Speed Controls. Company's like Tekin and Novak rely on racers to buy new stuff every so often. When the class was conceived there wasn't that much in the way of really fast speedos , now there are several choices. Just let the class evolve naturally. If there has to be an Expert and Novice split OK.
Now lets talk about something else.........Like...........Getting some different bodies made!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
Slash seems to be doing fine as a spec class. So maybe it was b/c it was Trinity.

Could be... but Slash is a different type of racing, (or maybe I'm wrong) The way I see it Slash class is about jumping, over the boards, etc, etc...that's what I see at the local track about slash
Old 11-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dont know if any of you racers keep up with N.H.R.A. drag racing or not but the powers that be tried to slow the Top Fuel cars down by limiting gear , them limiting nitro, now by shortening the tracks to 1000 feet. Guess what ? They are still going the same top speeds. Advancements are going to happen in all forms of racing , either embrace them or stop racing the class! If you want to keep up then go buy what the fast guys have, if you still cant keep up I guess you need some set up and driving lessons. Look people I`ve been racing RC for 20 years , I`ve seen the classes evolve , Ive seen Oval die off. Lipos are the new World order along side advancements in Speed Controls. Company's like Tekin and Novak rely on racers to buy new stuff every so often. When the class was conceived there wasn't that much in the way of really fast speedos , now there are several choices. Just let the class evolve naturally. If there has to be an Expert and Novice split OK.
Now lets talk about something else.........Like...........Getting some different bodies made!
I hear 'ya, I'm still wishing HPI or Protoform would make some new ones like the '69 Mustang Boss 302 or the AMC Javelin.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.