Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

YES !!!!!! GO CHEVY !!!

Beware the red bowtie !!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tire Chunker
What would be the chance they were running 17.5? Zero

Did anyone in the top 10 or 20 run a 17.5?
Missed the point, that tub chassis' beat double deck fiber ones
Old 01-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Awesomeness, part 2 goes to John Ermer and Matt Sunderlidge, finishing 1st and second in the triple A-main for VTA. What makes these accomplishments so damn cool, is that they were both using Tamiya TA05 chassis! This should serve as a lesson to everyone who is convinced that they need a $475 luxury touring car to compete in Trans Am racing.
As a dyed-in-the-wool TA05 guy I am getting no end of smug satisfaction out of that!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TeamGoodwrench
I just gotta know..

Did Chevy, Ford, or Plymouth win ???
Ermer and Sunderlage run HPI Camero bodies.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Some of you may know that the Vintage Trans Am class was added this year, and it looks like it was the single largest class at the Novak race. Awesomeness, part 1.

Awesomeness, part 2 goes to John Ermer and Matt Sunderlidge, finishing 1st and second in the triple A-main for VTA. What makes these accomplishments so damn cool, is that they were both using Tamiya TA05 chassis! This should serve as a lesson to everyone who is convinced that they need a $475 luxury touring car to compete in Trans Am racing.
Those two morsels of information really do equal awesomeness at its finest.

On the width issues... if you can fit the wide offset rear 31mm wheels & tires under the body without altering the body or changing the trim lines on the rear wheel wells, it's not really an issue.
Thats kind of what I was thinking. You still have to fit it under the shell without any mods to it. So there is how you get your width limit. I guess if it matters that much to you, find the legal shell that is the widest across the fenderwells. Seems like a lot of effort for next to nothing.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What's the point? Would you be happy if we removed the other motor options completely and left only the 21.5/LiPo? If you don't think the 17.5 is the motor to have, run something different.

Or is it just something else to complain about? [/QUOTE]

All he asked was a question. If you dont know the answer then leave it alone. I didnt have the answer for him so I didnt respond. Some people would like to see the differences between the 2 motor and battery options there are.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Major props are necessary tonight after the Novak race this weekend at Trackside in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Some of you may know that the Vintage Trans Am class was added this year, and it looks like it was the single largest class at the Novak race. Awesomeness, part 1.

A quality setup and consistent driving is what will make or break you in this class, no matter what car you own.

Great work, guys.
3rd largest class
Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mikey M
All he asked was a question. If you dont know the answer then leave it alone. I didnt have the answer for him so I didnt respond. Some people would like to see the differences between the 2 motor and battery options there are.
You have a point. But in his defense, anyone would go nuts after you get asked the same question hundreds of times. As if suddenly the answer was going to be differrent.

(Whats your name? Are you going to change the motor options? Who is the President? Are you going to change the motor options? What is your favorite color? Are you going to change the motor options?) Im really sorry that people show up in here and feel like they get their heads bit off. I was once a person who had that experience on this very thread. But answering the motor option question is like talking to someone with a 30 second memory span. Its not personal its just really annoying.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

dead horse....lol

but is there a real reason to have any extra 21.5's...other than you are sponsored by another company...and if so you still have enough $$$$ to pony up for a Novak 21.5......

or you just want some other advantage cause you cant win with an even playing field.....

I personally wish that we stick with one motor and be done with it...the more back and forth we go about motors and rules the less appealing the class becomes...for everybody.....

so I vote for all "NEGATIVE POSTS"...find something else to race...cause you are blowing my rc high...
Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no the real question is what was the mix on the top 20 between 21.5 and 17.5 at the novak race.

somebody just answer that.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

I could be wrong but I believe every car ran 21.5. I didn't personally see anyone running anything but 21.5.

Tim Ski
Old 01-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The reason you see almost all 21.5/lipo cars is that everyone wants to have a lipo pack they can charge and forget about. It is also easier to be fast with the combo since it has a lot more torque. If your car plows around the track it will still be ok fast. It does take more time to get the car right to work well with the 4 cell combos. You cannot run junk packs and compete with the lipo cars heads up.

This summer I raced my lipo/21.5 car at an outdoor race where I was in a 27t/4cell sandwich for the top 3. Both of the guys who drove the other cars are excellent drivers, and had good stuff to power their cars. I just charged batteries and fooled with my suspension They had to worry about their motor/battery stuff in addition to the car. That is why you see so many lipo cars, there is less to do. It is also easier to be fast.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Can you guess which cars had what motors?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I personally wish that we stick with one motor and be done with it...the more back and forth we go about motors and rules the less appealing the class becomes...for everybody.....

so I vote for all "NEGATIVE POSTS"...find something else to race...cause you are blowing my rc high...
+1 - I'm definitely tired of hearing about the motors on here. Thank god nobody that races VTA at my track cares (and it's a mix of 27t, 21.5, and 17.5).
Old 01-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Can you guess which cars had what motors?
I would hate to have to bet something important on it, but yeah I could tell that some cars just had a load more punch.

Is somebody calling you Sea Bo? Why are they harrassing you to push the green car around? Well at least it was a clean pass when you got by. Its just, all that yellin.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Actually Chris Goetz, "seaball" on rctech was racing the black car. I had a white car. Seaball and the blue car with the stripes that gets into the lead both had 27t motors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.