Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
if whomever filmed that video, is willing to make the Music City Championship...it would be nice to see that....hint hint...
I would love to make it up there for it. I really enjoyed the multiple camera thing. And hopefully the next one will be even better.

I just got finished installing a new diff in the Losi so I should be good to go for VTA. When is the race?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If Chad cant go , I might go with you and grab the infield shot. Or chicane shot or, well we will just have to get a good look at it to see what we want. You have to do the editing though. No use reinventing the wheel. If Chad can go, a third camera cant hurt.

Watch out Ray Wood. Here comes ItFitz and Associates. Me and Chad are associates. Outlaw is his own machine.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

MOVE OVER RAY WOOD!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! lol, I wish...... Nah, I am a HUGE fan of his work and he is a big inspiration for me. Just like Jason Boulanger is when it comes to photography.

Yeah, I can always use more cameras! My second camera is all but useless... Getting the footage off of it is to much of a hassle. Which explains why there are only 2 cams in this one... But yeah, if you are going to be at PT this weekend I would love to chat and see what we can work out.

1337 post! woooooooooooo! (dont mind me... I'm an internet geek )
Old 08-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

I wont be in town this weekend, but dont let that stop us from working this out.

Sending YPM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Oh Yeah! Ray Wood is the bomb. If only we had a John Hindhaugh to announce the races for us.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Oh Yeah! Ray Wood is the bomb. If only we had a John Hindhaugh to announce the races for us.
I know right? I actually thought about seeing if Dirla would do some commentary for my videos. If nothing else, it would be entertaining lol.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

The Hackspy thing was hilarious. I loved the way you put His name over the car and when he hacked you put the word Hack across the screen like the old Batman TV show. Having Dirla comment on that or something like it, would be great.

Dirla always has a great outlook. He wants it to be fun.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

the race is Sept 21,2008...here is the link to the web page

http://www.coolspringsracing.com/

http://www.coolspringsracing.com/Mus...mpionship.html

and here is up to minute info by way of forum talk.....

http://nashrcracer.com/forum/viewfor...45af924df9ec05

hope to see you guys soon
Old 08-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ATTENDING THE “EAST COAST TRANS AM SHOOT OUT” FROM OUT OF TOWN ?

“The Track “ is located at 16806 Oakmont Avenue in Gaithersburg, MD.
Gaithersburg , MD is a suburb in the greater D.C. metropolitan area. “The Track “ is 21 miles Northwest of the White House. The nearest major highway intersection is that of the famous/infamous “Capital Beltway/ I-495” and Interstate I-270. Directions can be found at www.rctrack.com.

Lodging:
The following are located within approximately a 10 min. drive of “The Track”;
Comfort Inn , Gaithersburg (301) 330 - 0023
Marriot Towne Place Suites , Gaithersburg (301) 590 - 2300
Holiday Inn , Gaithersburg, (301) 948 -8900

Airports:
There are 3 major airports located 30 to 40 minutes from “The Track”. In order of proximity they are : Washington DC National, Dulles International and Baltimore / Washington International.

Before/After the Race: No matter what your opinion of the current occupants of the White House and Congress, the National Mall area is worth a visit. The monuments (Lincoln, Jefferson, Vietnam etc) are worth a visit by any citizen. The Smithsonian Museum Complex can take days to explore if you have time. The National Archives houses many important documents, to include originals of the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution. Visiting any or all of these is free. If you are a Civil War history buff, Manassas/Bull Run, Antietam and other sites are not too far away.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
transam_shootout_2008.pdf (92.7 KB, 145 views)
Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

I've been on road racing for just a few years now. I've never done a rolling start.

Are rolling starts fun or a nice diversion for a TA race if a club has been doing LeMans style starts?

Currently we do this:

Qualifier #1: Random order LeMans
Q #2: Sorted Lemans with TQ up front
Q# 3: Same as race #2

Main: 2 car side by side line up in reverse order, meaning the TQ has to be placed at the rear of the pack.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've done a rolling start 1 time and it was fun (even though I wrecked myself before the main straight ) Everyone maintained good spacing and it was a nice clean start, other than me. You could always wave off the start if you weren't happy with spacing.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Are rolling starts fun or a nice diversion for a TA race if a club has been doing LeMans style starts?
The EGTC race program (Everett, WA) uses rolling starts in TA class. Rolling starts are different for sure. It is not easy to stay bunched up. I enjoy the change of pace.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Default HPI releases an RTR car for USVTA!

Well almost. If you look at the new copy of RC Driver, Page 82 & 83. HPI is offerring the Sprint 2 with the Flux brushless system. Ready to run. I imagine this is as close as you can get to a Ready to Race VTA. It Comes with the right wheels and tires and is available with the Mustang shell, maybe some others. I dont know. The VTA logo is even posted in the ad for the car. You still need to change out the motor for the Novak 21.5, and Im sure you would have to make some gearing changes, but I think this is HPI really trying to help us out. It certainly kicks the door open for the guy who knows nothing about it, but would really like to race.

Congratulations Doug and the USVTA Team. Thank you HPI for helping promote the class.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

I know my avatar is my VTA car body but until yesterday I have not had the chance to try out my VTA with an actual race legal setup. I had to wait to get tires.

It took a little getting used to the slower servo response and the much less power but man I didn't hit a wall all day long. Eventually I believe the car was the best I've ever done. I was just practicing at my track with nobody around, so I don't know how competitive it will be. I'm using 4 cells with 27 turns. We run the strict VTA rules. I am so glad this class has taken off. After 4 runs my tires looked brand new still. Ah yeah!

A few racers including myself have our LHS stocking up on tires and bodies. They have already complied too. I didn't tell them that the tires will last forever though
Old 08-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

We had some issues with guys finding tires for a while. I think HPI has it under control now. I have been getting some wear on the outside left front, but you are right. I get pretty good life from the tires. We have a hairpin right at the end of the straight, but I havent noticed a lot of wear until now.

Although they arent legal for racing. You will get similar handling from the other treaded D compound HPI tires. Especially on four cell power. If you find some of those, they arent half bad for practice. The rear is a lot narrower than the vintage tire so it might look funy to you when you see them on your VTA car.

I never did very well in touring. Plus I liked the look of the muscle cars better than the TC. The slower class just was more comfortable to me. I think Im turning just as quick of a lap times with VTA as I was in TC. (Not true for the better drivers at my track) I know Im having more fun.

If you opt for the lipo you wont have any sluggishness from the Servo. If you have to add weight consider using a reciever pack. That will fix it too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.