U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Come on guys. Find a happy place.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:18 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if the rules are so bad, the cars so slow, and ur pissed about all the choices you have, then all of you neo-pros and internet champions exercise ur choice to go run a more 'serious' class like sedan or 1/8 buggy. go piss and moan over there. TA is best damn new idea thats happened to the hobby in 10yrs. and it took a few visionaries to make it happen, not some companies sittin in the boardroom or on the lynx drumming up how they could f u outta some more of ur $.

just f off and go poison other classes, better yet other hobbies. now that the class is doing well, u almost wish there was no internet like in the old days so people just would piss and moan. just because you u managed to build the car and pay ur entry fee doesnt entitle you to a win or even a shot. just run the damn toy car and have a good time. i go home from the track after a win just the same as a 4th. if i didnt have fun, then it'd be no fun win or not. trust me some of you asses out there will eventually win, go home and even before you get back to the house you'll ask urself why it doesnt feel any different than other times. DING!!! Thus in the future if you have fun, then thats a win in itself.

So get out from behind that computer and spend that time you'd otherwise be biatchin on here bout how toy car racing is so unfair or slighted to 1 group of folks and go run your car around and enjoy it. You think with the latest interest in muscle cars from blowhard rich guys with nothing else to do with their $ thats more secure and more to show off, buy/sell the things as investment, not CARS.................u really think that dream pony is really attainable? so live vicariously thru your RC. and stfu w/ur whine and cheese, let the french do that*.

*(Statement not applicable in Canada)

Void where prohibited. Batteries, Lipo or otherwise, not included. Your fun may vary. Please consult your doctor before starting a T/A program.

RW

PS-all this from a guy who still hasnt run his yet, but already enjoys watchin the class. Dont louse it all up.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Some of you guys crack me up seriously. All i did was ask a damn question. I never said you need/had to do anything. Then dictatorship comes in and spouts out "It aint gonna happen", fanboy comes in like the little dog on looney tunes "you tell em spike". Nice to see a class supposedly about the racer and the hobby getting better but you cant ask a simple question about it to better understand somethign for yourself cause your new to this side of the hobby. But bet your butt the more and more the regular cells are "out of stock" the rules will change when its convenient for powers to be and its fanboys. Shit i should of just stayed off road and listen to the many people telling me i wouldnt like most the on road community. What a waste of damn money.

lol chicagokenji i get the same exact thing from my wife. I havent had as good as a come back as yours but i play the kid card..."Im doing this with them to keep em out of trouble"
Old 08-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Worst thing about these forums are that you can't hear someone's tone of voice. That puts everyone on the defensive, naturally. Great class, great rules, I have a blast and haven't won a main yet. Even lost one in the last few turns on the last lap. In the end, it's all about the fun. So.....

GROUP HUG!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The rules are awesome. The problem is we as humans, have a complex that the world revolves around ourselves and we eventually want to bend things into the shape or form we feel ideal. It's the cancer this hobby has.

USVTA or bust.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
But bet your butt the more and more the regular cells are "out of stock" the rules will change when its convenient for powers to be and its fanboys.
The provision for this is already built into the rules, and it's the way the trend is heading anyway. 21.5/lipo. No need to change the rules as sub-C cells go the way of the dinosaur. Then, once it's a pure 21.5/lipo class everyone will be calling for the removal of the FDR limit!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
The provision for this is already built into the rules, and it's the way the trend is heading anyway. 21.5/lipo. No need to change the rules as sub-C cells go the way of the dinosaur. Then, once it's a pure 21.5/lipo class everyone will be calling for the removal of the FDR limit!
Yeah i understand that. "give em an inch they will take a mile". This class isnt about speed to me cause i cant barely drive the car at 4 cell 27t lol. My question only pertained to easability of buying equipment and if it was even possible. I understand a fdr of 5.4 isnt the same between 4.8 and 7.4 volts speed wise. I also understand it would be hard to regulate in the cheaters world we live in.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

e. I also understand it would be hard to regulate in the cheaters world we live in.
Not necessarily for club racing

Look at the cars on the straightaway and anyone who is way in front of the pack ask them to change their gearing so their top speed is closer to everyone else.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

My question only pertained to easability of buying equipment and if it was even possible. I understand a fdr of 5.4 isnt the same between 4.8 and 7.4 volts speed wise. I also understand it would be hard to regulate in the cheaters world we live in.
Hey man, you're preaching to the choir. I totally understand your question and your intent. We have chosen to run a wide array of vintage bodies with 6-cell, silver cans, and a 6.5 FDR. It has been working phenomenally well. We don't call it VTA and I've stopped talking about it here for obvious reasons.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

shoot don't change the rules I sold just about every 27t handout I own now when I get back from vegas I'll sell the 17.5s I get there for handouts

the thing is you can buy a used brushed speedo for $30/$50 bucks and I have been selling 27t motors for $15 to $20 and like battboy said lots of the local racers had lipos already. this works for us and is not "vintage" TA that's fine

personally I don't see a need to change the class that you started doug. 4cell is fine with me as I run 12th scale and oval and have the packs to run. and I understand why you slowed them down. I would just say that these are the rules and ANY varation of them you are not running Vintage TA class and can not use that to discribe the class at your track simple

I'm going to go watch some REDNECK Trans AM racing tomorrow at the PIMP. you know put a v8 in a car that don't handle and race it Redneck
Old 08-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi nut
I know what you mean, being 53 and messing with these things since '89, I've had a explanations to give too. Although I was never that creative.

Laterz,
Bob
Try explaining miniature wargaming to your new girlfriend... At least she knows what a race car is!
www.games-workshop.com
Old 08-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
shoot don't change the rules I sold just about every 27t handout I own now when I get back from vegas I'll sell the 17.5s I get there for handouts

the thing is you can buy a used brushed speedo for $30/$50 bucks and I have been selling 27t motors for $15 to $20 and like battboy said lots of the local racers had lipos already. this works for us and is not "vintage" TA that's fine

personally I don't see a need to change the class that you started doug. 4cell is fine with me as I run 12th scale and oval and have the packs to run. and I understand why you slowed them down. I would just say that these are the rules and ANY varation of them you are not running Vintage TA class and can not use that to discribe the class at your track simple

I'm going to go watch some REDNECK Trans AM racing tomorrow at the PIMP. you know put a v8 in a car that don't handle and race it Redneck
This really is a good post. Its fundamental. If your track is considering running VTA, here are your options.
1. Run the rules, (All of them).Submit your track to the official web site, and then you can say that you are part of the official USVTA.

2. Run a variation and call it something else. But make sure that if your racers do go to a sanctioned race, that they know what to expect.

I think this is as fair as it can be to everyone.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pejota
Try explaining miniature wargaming to your new girlfriend... At least she knows what a race car is!
www.games-workshop.com
I don't think too many people into miniature wargaming have to worry about explaining it to a girlfriend.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
I don't think too many people into miniature wargaming have to worry about explaining it to a girlfriend.
OK... now that's funny right there
Old 08-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slakr
OK... now that's funny right there
...and it's totally the pot calling the kettle black, as I'm as big a dork as anyone, but it's Saturday afternoon, I'm a bit buzzed, and I have unsupervised access to the interweb...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.