Search

ROAR B/L motor Rules debate thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

George Cherry is hiding in that turtle shell,
He will still complain that ROAR won't allow handout transponders,
that was his excuse for not running the 06 offroad nats in his own back yard!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by convikt
FDR at 4.44 is what I used (rubber tire on ozite) and it could eaisly take more I am a huge fan of this motor. If you get in the low to mid 5's it is very anemic and slow motion like (Im sure others that know me will vouch for that from last night)
I beleive that at the USTCC (Novak race) Charlie suggested a FDR of 4.0 for the 17.5 motors.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Now it is up to racers and race promotoers to only allow "legal" BL motors in their racing programs.
Sorry to see you post this after Dawn has said over and over that they encourage local racing programs to fine tune their programs to what the racers are asking for (and running) on their home tracks. Maybe the new rules are a decent "guide" at many tracks, and maybe they dont work so well at others. Combine that with the fact you (LRP) and Novak sold us on 27T equivelents that are not on the list this year (13.5), and 10.5's that are not "legal" next year except mod.

So...in the local programs....who does conforming to the new "legal" motors REALLY benifit$$$
Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
I beleive that at the USTCC (Novak race) Charlie suggested a FDR of 4.0 for the 17.5 motors.
right! I know it will take more, but thats what I used on a tight carpet track.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Shame we didn't take the initiative to slow the classes down a few percent. But, it is what it is.

See ya at the track.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
George Cherry is hiding in that turtle shell,
He will still complain that ROAR won't allow handout transponders,
that was his excuse for not running the 06 offroad nats in his own back yard!

I sent him the link to the membership form to download. But... maybe he's waiting a few days for the online membership registration to become available..... I'm sure that's it.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I can already see George's argument for not joining: He does not agree with 8.3.2.7.4.3. He through his research conducted at the George Cherry Lipo Research Institute has deemed it safe to charge at higher amps and therefore will not be subjugated by ROAR's guidance. That and no hand out transponders as Mr Hugh G C_O_Jones stated.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Dawn,

Can you clarify something for me. Regarding ROAR's new rules about rotor size, (the 12.4mm +/-), that is only for Stock and Super Stock correct? For Mod you can still use small and large rotors right? Is there a Max and Min size for open Mod?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 01-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 13.5

Originally Posted by xtreameracer
how much faster is a 13.5 bonded rotor than a 27 turn, is it close . i know that the 13.5 sintered is faster.
We run a bonded rotor in a touring car and the speeds are very compairable to the stock 27T motors that are there. We have been allowing all 13.5's run with the 27Ts and actually we have had a toss up as far as which cars with which motors have had the fastest laps.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
I can already see George's argument for not joining: He does not agree with 8.3.2.7.4.3. He through his research conducted at the George Cherry Lipo Research Institute has deemed it safe to charge at higher amps and therefore will not be subjugated by ROAR's guidance. That and no hand out transponders as Mr Hugh G C_O_Jones stated.
you forgot the lipo sack requirement, lots of "outs" for him ride on.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mkdut

Still nothing in the rules say I can`t charge @ a higher amp rate ..

Its overcharging that is against the rules...

and

think of some other`s reason`s because none of those I find acceptable...

and
CoJones
I did`nt go because I quit racing stock or spec class`s , still the same to this day(Mod & Nitro only)

Dawn, I`ll put membership in the mail tomorrow as I promise ....
Old 01-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman
Dawn,

Can you clarify something for me. Regarding ROAR's new rules about rotor size, (the 12.4mm +/-), that is only for Stock and Super Stock correct? For Mod you can still use small and large rotors right? Is there a Max and Min size for open Mod?

Thanks,
Steve
If I understand our new rules correctly - please remember, these came from a year long research study with MFG's and a committee selected to write the rules... I am just now learning specifics and understanding the engineer speak. (Lipo was much more difficult to get to sink in.. LOL)

Modified: Min diameter 12.0mm and max 15.5mm
Stock/Super Stock: 12.4mm +/-0.11
Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I just can't figure out if the new rules just came out for brushless motors how could a company have ones that conform perfectly to rules that just came out. Chances of having everything single thing perfect is about slim and non.

If it took a year to due the rules it is impossible that any motor company should have motors that fit these rules as soon as they come out because over that year the rules would be every changing til they are finalized. Again seems strange to me.

To everything perfect like that means I would be playing the lottery thats for sure.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

Dawn, I`ll put membership in the mail tomorrow as I promise ....
I'll be looking for it.

and, charging a lipo at 1 amp per 1000 mah is recommended.. anything more is just, silly. Read the general information document on the website... explains it pretty well...
Old 01-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
.. anything more is just, silly.
Now your starting to understand him.

Hey Dawn...I can see your work is now done here...Cherry has officially modified his sig to remove the legalize LiPo spew.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.