Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 2008 RCX SHOOTOUT

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Hey Motojon,

Great to hear from U and please apologize to ur Grandad for me...I lost his phone# and when he called, I did not have the number to call him back.

Send me a PM with that info and I will be glad to talk with him. We are racing at the Artesia Transit Center in L.A. We have to submit the 2008 schedule to the city and if approved, we will race the 2nd weekend of the month beginning in Febuary.

We have some other special events in the works that will have us running twice in some months and there will be more to come on that, but, the RCX race is about done and we will have a flyer/entry form out before thee end of the month, here is the rough scan of thee site:
Attached Thumbnails G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 2008 RCX SHOOTOUT-diagram20001.jpg  
Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Doug...thanks for the vote of confidence buddy, GLARCRC with the strong support and guidance of the "Oldsters" and "new blood" is really taking this club to the next level here.
I remember all those chats we had in the past about collective effort in this racing and this time around it's happening with a big bang!!

[B]and let me be the first to start a little trash talkin here for 2008. With all that new stuff Serpent has got a comin, 08 will be the year of the SNAKE!!

Back me up Snakepit!!

G.W.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

im really hopping we get an real influx of people back into the r/c racing and especially with the 1/8 turn out. I also wish we had the 2wd drive class again
Old 01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
vrj
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by motojon
im really hopping we get an real influx of people back into the r/c racing and especially with the 1/8 turn out. I also wish we had the 2wd drive class again
Motojon - I haven't raced in about 4yrs and I'm about to get back into it. I race 1/8 on-road and my friends have been talking to me on & off for a while to start back racing. I hope to get started by racing at the GLARCRC monthly race in Feb 2008 and plan on making the RCX (RC Expo) in April 2008.

Glen - Do you have a sign-up sheet for the RCX (R/C Expo) race at the Pomona Fairgrounds in April yet? If so, can you post it here. Is the club racing on the 2nd weekend in Feb. at the transit center? Trying to get me car ready for my first real race in 4 yrs.

Let me know. Thx
Old 01-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vrj
Motojon - I haven't raced in about 4yrs and I'm about to get back into it.
yah its been app. 6yrs for me
Old 01-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by motojon
In the past couple years I have seen news reports of like 10 new 2wd car manufacturers in Europe. Seems there is some traction for a lower cost 2wd class over there. Too bad it won't happen in the US 'cause everybody moved away from 2wd here because they were "too hard to drive" compared to 4wd. Personally if it ever caught on here, I'd get one.

To combat "thread drift"... I'm plannung on attending this RCX race How is the pavement Glenn? Is it sealed or an unsealed cheese grater? What will you be using for track sauce, the Serpent stuff so 1/5 scalers and 1/8 scalers work well together?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:50 PM
vrj
Tech Rookie

Glen - Any race info. on the signups for the RCX in April? Will you have them at the Feb 2008 GLARCRC race?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Still working on the final details, flyer should be out in a couple of weeks!!

G.W.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Thanks again Glen for all your help this weekend
Old 02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

RCX Update - Contracts have been finalized and we will distribute the flyer next week. Here are some of the essentials of the event

1). The entry fee is 40.00 Classes are: 1/10 nitro 200mm, 1/8 nitro, 1/5

2). There will be an entry deadline and absolutely NO late entries will be accepted.

3). Drivers are limited to 1 entry, because this event is limited to 120 cars max. (40 cars per class) no dual or triple entries allowed. In the event a class does not fill up, we will allow open signups until the max number of cars is reached. If there is a waiting list/class, they will be given signup priority by number on the list.

4). All participants MUST have current R.O.A.R. membership, no exceptions.

5). Participants will recieve a racer package by mail that will contain entry pass(es) to the race as well as to the RCX show and all event instructions.

This may become an annual race...hope we all have fun!!

G.W.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
RCX Update - Contracts have been finalized and we will distribute the flyer next week. Here are some of the essentials of the event

1). The entry fee is 40.00 Classes are: 1/10 nitro 200mm, 1/8 nitro, 1/5

2). There will be an entry deadline and absolutely NO late entries will be accepted.

3). Drivers are limited to 1 entry, because this event is limited to 120 cars max. (40 cars per class) no dual or triple entries allowed. In the event a class does not fill up, we will allow open signups until the max number of cars is reached. If there is a waiting list/class, they will be given signup priority by number on the list.

4). All participants MUST have current R.O.A.R. membership, no exceptions.

5). Participants will recieve a racer package by mail that will contain entry pass(es) to the race as well as to the RCX show and all event instructions.

This may become an annual race...hope we all have fun!!

G.W.
What if You have sent in your application and your waiting fro them to give you your membership #. We sent our application about a week ago. It is still o.k. to sign up and provide proof at a later date.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2CARTEAM
What if You have sent in your application and your waiting fro them to give you your membership #. We sent our application about a week ago. It is still o.k. to sign up and provide proof at a later date.
Sent mine in for the RAMS race and In about 6 -7 working days, I got my packet. Very supprised how quickly I got it.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Green Machine!
Sent mine in for the RAMS race and In about 6 -7 working days, I got my packet. Very supprised how quickly I got it.
Did you post this in the wrong thread? this the GLARCRC THREAD!
Now Glen might think that you are saying that he always takes forever to get things done
Old 02-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Did you post this in the wrong thread? this the GLARCRC THREAD!
Now Glen might think that you are saying that he always takes forever to get things done
no, no, no.....Sam, your going to get me beat up! I meant that I sent my application to ROAR's main headquarters, and it only took them a week to send my welcome packet and ROAR membership to my house. They should get it in plenty of time for either races! Very much looking forward to both!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:43 PM
vrj
Tech Rookie

Default GLARCRC - Club Race

Glen,

When is the next GLARCRC club race? Is it 02/16-02/17 or 02/23-02/24?

Also, will you have the RCX applications at the race? Let us know. Thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.