Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC8 or Jammin x1x need some help

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Associated RC8 or Jammin x1x need some help

Hey guys, i am getting ready to buy a new buggy this week and I am stuck between these to. I have driven a jammin before and love how it handles. Only concern is parts wear and are they going to revise the buggy soon??? RC8, never driven but heard a lot of good and bad things about the car. What parts to you recomment upgrading on the rc8 if i went that route?? thanks!
Old 12-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

i know jammin is suppost to come out with a new buggy around march and i owned a jammin fte and really liked the car and rc8 i hear you have to put about another $100 in the car for it to be race ready have you looked at the OCM it will suprise you.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The X1X is the 'new' buggy for o8. Get the Jammin.... the perennial powerhouse!
Old 12-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Having owned neither of them, and based on only what I"ve seen, I'd go with the Jammin.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
The X1X is the 'new' buggy for o8. Get the Jammin.... the perennial powerhouse!
they suppossed to come out with one with ring gears and few other different parts.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

I am leaning more towards the jammin but i just wanted to hear some opinions......there is nothing wrong with the jammin car it is proven.....the rc8 seems very good but i have heard a lot of durability issues. I figured 100 dollars of kingz head stuff would fix. What about the jammin big bores compared to the rc8 suspension???
Old 12-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I own an RC8 and love it. I had a Mugen Prospec before the 8 and I like this buggy more. I haven't put any hopups on it yet and don't really plan on it for awhile. I raced it three weekends and haven't broken anything yet. And beleive me I am no expert. I've only ran 1/8 for I'm guessing 10 weekends. The RC8 turns on a dime and jumps awesome. I've only run it indoors so far so I'm not sure how it will handle on real rough blown out tracks with huge jumps but I feel confident it will be fine. Just my .02
Old 12-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I had a RC 8 with the king headz upgrades and it still broke to easy....
I went with a hyper 8.5 with jammin big bores....It (hyper) is way stronger than the 8. I drove the hyper sat for the 1st time(still needs brake tweeks) but it jumped and handled just as good as the 8.....The big thing is it didnt break....and i crashed it way harder than i did the 8. So you might want to think about the hyper 8.5 its 409.00 at Nitrohouse. My buddy has a x1 cr fte and he likes it but is in the process of going hyper. The jammin he has has held up real well. So either the jammin or hyper is the way i would go! My .02 cents
Old 12-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default my 2 cents

I currently own a jammin with all the hop ups. and I love it. I myself have been waiving the idea of getting the RC 8 i have driven one and love the handling that it has but I am somewhat skeptical of the durability of it. I jumped into the losi bandwagon and I feel as if that was a mistake so I will not jump into the RC8 until I see a little bit more run time on my buddies, but i must say so far I am very impressed. I also want to give Jammin the opportunity to release some info about the X-2 buggy, I've heard that it will be a whole new layout, don't quote me on that but there has been rumors..LOL... I know this doesnt really help you but I did want to point out that the RC8 is a very capable buggy and also the Jammin is still ahead of its game even though it was created years ago( like 2004). However the Rc8 will be a little demanding from the start but if you have driven any buggies before it will be a nice platform. for racing only not really made for bashing atleast from what i have seen break so far on other guys I know.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

thanks for the replies guys......i agree with ya on waiting to see what jammin does, if they come with a x-2 or not.....that is why i am a little hesitant....i have had, xray, ocm, losi, and driven every other car but an rc8.....i like the design of the rc8, i just can't make my mind up.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The RC8 turns and handles well, but wear and tear is an issue. Also the chassis has a lot of flex, so much the clutch bell drags the chassis. This took out the engine bearings in one of my Novarossi's.

The Jammin is also good on turning and handling, and the big bores are a great upgrade, plus the durabilty is better. I have friend with a X1CR FTE & big bores. He uses Losi springs on the shocks as an option.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i have an RC8 and although I did have some hinge pin issues at first I still love the way this car handles. All great cars have had to deal with some issues when they were first release. It isn't anything major. I haven't had anymore issues with the car and it is phenomenal on the track. AE is a winner on any track they race on, so the 1/8 buggy will not be any different. It does have chassis flex designed into it but that helps the car in the rough areas of the track. The car is really easy to disassemble and rebuild for maintenance. Good luck on your choice.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

trvlingman,

If you like the Jammin', you'll love the Hyper 8.5 Pro.

Based on my experiences with the Hyper 8.5, there's nothing that'll out run it or out handle it. If you lose a race with it, it's because you didn't prep effectively, or you didn't wheel it right. This is always the case when I don't have a good run. The car doesn't break unless you really give it a ton of abuse. I've not had one dnf due to parts failure on the 8.5. I've had batteries come loose or run out of charge (My Fault). I've had motors give me issues due to plugs going out or clutches needing maintenance b/c I waited too long.

Don't get me wrong, you have to maintain the car, but no more than any other car. It's a great platform. There are other good platforms as well. You just need to figure out which one suits you best.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i had ran a jammin for a long time before moving on to the Mugen, and i was very pleased with it, very strong, and handled very good...
Old 12-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Jammin will come out with a new Buggy for their sponsored guys by worlds in
'08. as will most every other company. This version of the buggy will be released to the public no sooner than 6 months from the date of the worlds. and that is if it proves to be a good platform. (just look at the time from Truck Nats to when the new truggy will be released) My best guess is that a completely new platform buggy from Jammin will not be made availible until this time next year, if were lucky.

I run a Jammin buggy. The thing is great. very tunable, very good driver. Doesn't take a special driving style to drive well and consistently.

The Jammin X1X FTE is the EXACT same buggy they have been producing wins with for the past several years, but it now includes the Super Big Bore Shocks, Spiro cut Gears, and the updated servo saver.

Jammin has my vote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.