Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

what is the purpouse of running longer or shorter length driveshafts? if it helps im running either 13.5 or 17.5 foam tires on us spec
Old 10-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Is there any particular reason that you run for 10 minutes? If your using a lipo be sure to be careful not to overdischarge it as it can cause damage. 180 is pushing the limit of the motors but if you have ran it there all along then it should be able to withstand it. I would wait till everything cooled down before running it again just to be safe.

EA
I know races are usually 5-6 mins, but sometimes in practice I tend to do a bit longer. But if 5 mins is a "best practice", then I will stop at 5 mins. I think at 5 mins, I should be in the 150-160s and possible gear up a tooth.

No problem on my Lipo, it's still quite above 7V after my 10mins run.

Thanks for your advice EA! Appreciate it!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Paul, I'm running a ball diff in the front...

and the car feels hooked up. It just seems to really slow down and "Stop" at the end of the corner like the like Xray's website suggests the aluminum brace will help. I have a ton of steering, in fact, I had to turn the dual rate down to 60%. The car feels planted and runs flat. I hate to change anything, but I wondered if I'm scrubbing too much speed in the corners? I'm running the one and only pro driver setup from Xray's website for the Vintage race. I only changed to 2.8 springs in the front and 2.4 in the rear and 2 degrees of toe-in because our track is low/med-grip. The setup sheet calls for 3.0 front and 2.6 rear and only 1 degree of rear toe.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

hey paul, thinking about coming to portland next summer?
I had too much fun last time
Old 10-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by AndrewNicholas
Has anyone come flying into your bathroom in the hotel while you were trying to take a dump lately?

LOL!!
Sorry man!
No not lately but im sure that around 301 time it will happen again,LOL. No problem.

Originally Posted by theDover
Hey Paul- I know this ? seems a little unusual but....What rear TC wings do you run and if they are after market, which ones do you recommend, and where could I find them? Thanks.
-Ben
Hi Ben, 95% of the time i use the stock wing that comes with whatever protoform body im running. sometimes my wings look a little different because of the bright paint and blue side dams. at the gas nats i did run a different wing (cant remember who's) because i lost my PF wing for my new bodie.
On carpet with foams i will run a light weight DNA wing sometimes, and i will also carry along the PF High down force wings just in case my car is really loose.

Originally Posted by mickrcarver
what is the purpouse of running longer or shorter length driveshafts? if it helps im running either 13.5 or 17.5 foam tires on us spec
The different drive shafts are mainly for fine tuening a set up. one is not better than the other for sertain classes. lately i have been running the 52's just because i think that they make the car smoother, but you may loose some agility.

Originally Posted by RCknight
and the car feels hooked up. It just seems to really slow down and "Stop" at the end of the corner like the like Xray's website suggests the aluminum brace will help. I have a ton of steering, in fact, I had to turn the dual rate down to 60%. The car feels planted and runs flat. I hate to change anything, but I wondered if I'm scrubbing too much speed in the corners? I'm running the one and only pro driver setup from Xray's website for the Vintage race. I only changed to 2.8 springs in the front and 2.4 in the rear and 2 degrees of toe-in because our track is low/med-grip. The setup sheet calls for 3.0 front and 2.6 rear and only 1 degree of rear toe.
do you have a diff in the front?
Originally Posted by Little_Mike
hey paul, thinking about coming to portland next summer?
I had too much fun last time
That race was a ton of fun for me too, i hope to do it again next year. we will have to wait and see when it comes closer to determine weather i will be able go for sure or not. see ya
Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Paul LeMieux used to be my Hero!

Now I would have to say its......The Fonz!!!!!

Reruns of Happy Days Rock!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker

I thought I was your hero????
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yes, I run a balldiff in the front.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Cool, you'll have talk to Mr. Shank about it once hes is done with the NWIC races.

Only problem is, the shop that supported rose city scale racing, Big Dad's, closed down just recently. They were hit really hard by the economy...

well, hopefully it will still happen, and this time u have got to race man! I cant wait to see how the fastest guys stack up against you.
Promise you will bring Travis though, he is such a fun guy to be around!

Oh and we gotta get you an avatar man! I know a guy who custom makes avatars, sorta like mine but alot better, SnoopyRC should pm you with more info.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Although if we resemble our "Hero's" Barry is the Fonz....

I must be like Mr. Bean (not really my hero), although I wish I was like Daniel Craig...

Paul, whan can you say other than he is "THE MAN!"
Old 10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Gravity RC

Their you go lying again Barry, You told me a thousand times that Boy George was your hero. LOL

Originally Posted by Little_Mike
Cool, you'll have talk to Mr. Shank about it once hes is done with the NWIC races.

Only problem is, the shop that supported rose city scale racing, Big Dad's, closed down just recently. They were hit really hard by the economy...

well, hopefully it will still happen, and this time u have got to race man! I cant wait to see how the fastest guys stack up against you.
Promise you will bring Travis though, he is such a fun guy to be around!

Oh and we gotta get you an avatar man! I know a guy who custom makes avatars, sorta like mine but alot better, SnoopyRC should pm you with more info.
yea i should have raced when i was their, hopefully next year. I like to roll undercover with out an avatar, but thanks you and snoop for the offer.
If i can make it next year i will definately try and bring Trav also.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Although if we resemble our "Hero's" Barry is the Fonz....

I must be like Mr. Bean (not really my hero), although I wish I was like Daniel Craig...

Paul, whan can you say other than he is "THE MAN!"

Barry does look a little like the fonz.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Re: Paul's "Boy George" comeback,

I nominate that the rctech.net Burn of 2008!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Paul L
Their you go lying again Barry, You told me a thousand times that Boy George was your hero. LOL
Why does that make me think of the wedding singer? Now get out of my Van Halen T shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paul L
Barry does look a little like the fonz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.