Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Paul, have you ever raced 1/12th scale?
If so do you have any pointers for somebody moving over from off-road?
Thanks for your time!
Sean
<><
Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Gravity RC

Imprsme: Thanks, all in all the week was still good. I just still need to get better with tuening nitro stuff.

IH8Racing: Hi Sean, I do race 12th scale but only maybe once or twice a year, the only advice that i can give is to make sure that you keep the car in pristine shape and replace any parts that may be in question. Their is not much to a 12th scale car so what their is becomes super important to maintane and make sure its perfect. then you should be able to tune the car with front springs, tires and camber. Hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks a ton Paul!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Paul, congrats for your TQ at the Sedan nats. Could post your setup in the Xray website, please

Thanks
Old 10-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok Paul ..... first off ..... Congrat's at the Nat's ..... everyone knows you wanted and should have finished better but it's still a great finish ..... Just another feather in you cap for this year with just the Electric Worlds to go ..... BTW ..... are you going to the World's??

Which brings me to this ..... Is there a XRAY 009 coming out before the worlds or just alot of hop-ups for the 008 ..... I just read this from Red RC .... like you would really tell me here on this forum huh ..... ..... but hints ......
Old 10-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Paul, hope everything is well with you.

Quick question, is the Trinity 17.5 duo being replaced with something new or is it just sold out to the distributors like Horizon and Great Planes?

I have been trying to get one the past month but seems to be on perpetual BO.

Thanks for the info and have fun!

oh and p.s. congrats on all of your past and future wins...
Old 10-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 17.5?

duo timing and fdr,sedan?,temp range..?
Old 10-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko

Quick question, is the Trinity 17.5 duo being replaced with something new or is it just sold out to the distributors like Horizon and Great Planes?

A-Ko...I am not Paul but the Duo's have been on backorder for a while. They will be in at Trinity next week. There is a new Pulse BL motor coming out towards the end of the year though. You can check Trinity's web site next week for the Duo's or I will have some as well.

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 10-19-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
A-Ko...I am not Paul but the Duo's have been on backorder for a while. They will be in at Trinity next week. There is a new Pulsar BL motor coming out towards the end of the year though. You can check Trinity's web site next week for the Duo's or I will have some as well.

EA
Thanks EA for the info, the local HS did not know.
Should be interesting to see what the Pulsar is?
Old 10-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by miker2209
Hey Paul, congrats for your TQ at the Sedan nats. Could post your setup in the Xray website, please

Thanks
Hi. sorry i have not done that yet, i will post it tomorrow (mon) on the xray site. thanks.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by c1 racin
Ok Paul ..... first off ..... Congrat's at the Nat's ..... everyone knows you wanted and should have finished better but it's still a great finish ..... Just another feather in you cap for this year with just the Electric Worlds to go ..... BTW ..... are you going to the World's??

Which brings me to this ..... Is there a XRAY 009 coming out before the worlds or just alot of hop-ups for the 008 ..... I just read this from Red RC .... like you would really tell me here on this forum huh ..... ..... but hints ......

Thanks alot. Yup, im going to the worlds. I read this on Red rc also. I know that the perception of me being a team racer would lead everyone to beleive that i know what Xrays plans are, but its not always true. Apparently They do have some parts that they are testing for the up coming WC's, i have not yet tested them. i dont know what their criteria is for doing a new kit. I know that i am dancing around the question, but at this point i think that you know as much as i do, sorry.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by A-Ko

Hi Jeff, how are you?. we do have a new line of brushless motors coming out (the Pulse Line), but i don't think that we are discontinueing the current DUO line. Yes the Duo's are hard to get right now and that is because they are so fast. I would try and continue to get the Duo motor because they are so good and because i dont know exactly when the new Pulse line will be released, I think by the end of the year for sure if not much sooner.
talk to you soon, paul
Old 10-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by baf1
duo timing and fdr,sedan?,temp range..?
Hi, we normally run the Duo 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 in the Middle tining position, for temp i think that 150 to 180 is acceptible but it depends on what class/motor you are running. honestly i dont run much stock class racing so maybe someone like EA could help us both out with this question. Thanks alot.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
A-Ko...I am not Paul but the Duo's have been on backorder for a while. They will be in at Trinity next week. There is a new Pulsar BL motor coming out towards the end of the year though. You can check Trinity's web site next week for the Duo's or I will have some as well.

EA
Correct. Thanks for the help EA.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default eded1

Hi, Paul.

I have a little question about the batterie's the top drivers using.
Its maybe a silly question, but latelly i was driving on Heemstede(Netherlands) with Jilles and i was amazed about the long runtimes he archieved, compaired to myself.
Some people said he drives reserved, but i managed to see where he used throttle and that is on more occasion full or almost full, but his runtime
remained long. What do i not understand.

Further:I wish that a surten Xray driver took the world's

Thanks in advance
Ed Ijzerman The Netherlands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.