Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Paul when did you go to Hadley Jr. High ????

I use to live right by there , and my shop teacher in high school son was one of the first kids to help start the club. I went once and barrowed a car back in the day and had always wondered if they still run there.

Very nice to see you went there and worked with the kids.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Gravity RC

Ehlert: Yea i would like to get up their one of these days, as for throwing down the fast laps i dont know. I heared that you guys have been getting pretty fast up their.

Mshap33: yea let me know. Thanks for the good luck, we are here right now.

Maybell: I had a great time at Hadley, cool to see such a great program to get the kids in the hobby. they definately have a good time with it.

wallstreet: yea i went their just before christmas, its still going strong. I think they have around 40 total kids in the program this year.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

why are you not in nebraska????
Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Paul, Ginger? or Mary Ann?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Paul-How's it going buddy? How's the family? Give me a call when you have a minute. Take care, talk to you soon.

-Mac
Old 03-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Gravity RC

Mr losi: im here.

Scarecrow: Both

Punched: Hey man, i bet you at the cactus. good luck.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

paul,
just wanted to wish you, barry, ralph, drew, bobbo and all the other xray drivers goods luck and call me later this week. would like to see how it is going.

i cant believe its not......
Old 03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Gravity RC

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that their is already some coverage from the Carpet nats on the Trinity site, and More to come.

Check it out if you want. TEAMTRINITY.COM

Thanks, paul
Old 03-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Our track is quite small. We'll be running the 17.5...13.5 at the most. I'm using the lrp tc spec and I was wondering if I could use the 14 gauge wire instead of the 12 gauge stuff that comes with the speedcontrol. Will this have an effect the performance of the speedcontrol?

Thanks Paul

Kevin
Old 03-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Paul, are you running 1/12, if so which one?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Hi mate, I don't know if you have been asked this already but what happened with the Trinity Black Widow 12th car? I had one when it came out but to be honest, it worked at one circuit that I visit but did n't everywhere else! There just did n't seem to be any support with the car so I binned that one and got a differant chassis instead. Now it seems that the car has been dropped altogether which I though was strange as the previous Trinity cars seemed reasonably popular. I just wandered what the score was with the car because it was n't a totally new design, rather another clone of the AE car. Any reply would be apprecated bud and all the best, Chris.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Gravity RC

Twin 1 Kevin: I would not replace the wires on your speedo for 6 cell, i did that onge and thought that a smaller wire gave it less performance. In 12th scale you will want to go to 16g, just because of 4 cell.

Pokie: Hi, I am running the CRC car.

Wingman2: yes, trinity did discontinue the black Widow 12 scale. I dont know exactly why they dropped 12th scale cars all together but i would bet they would like to do something with 12th again now that they have Jim Dieter back working for them again. we will have to see, but back then i think that they did have the best car.

paul
Old 03-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paul L
Twin 1 Kevin: I would not replace the wires on your speedo for 6 cell, i did that onge and thought that a smaller wire gave it less performance. In 12th scale you will want to go to 16g, just because of 4 cell.

Pokie: Hi, I am running the CRC car.

Wingman2: yes, trinity did discontinue the black Widow 12 scale. I dont know exactly why they dropped 12th scale cars all together but i would bet they would like to do something with 12th again now that they have Jim Dieter back working for them again. we will have to see, but back then i think that they did have the best car.

paul
Looking good in TC Paulie!! Lay it down in 12th scale and show everybody how wicked the Gen X is!
Old 03-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default servicing bearings

what kind of oil/grease would you recommend for servicing bearings?
i have used a light oil like trinity royal oil, but i find it requires frequent servicing as the oil flies off pretty quick and a dry bearing gets notchy quick. would like to know your thoughts on a good balance between frequency of maintenance and low friction bearings. i was thinking maybe oil in the drivetrain, and a light grease in the wheel hub bearings as those need most attention, but not sure if the grease would add enough rolling resistance to make a difference in slower classes like 27t/13.5 where every little bit counts.
thnx.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default roar nats

congratulations on your win at the nats,great job. I raced with your setup this past weekend and it was great, car was easy to drive, driver needs to get better. Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.