Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the difference between the older model Spektrum DX2.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default Whats the difference between the older model Spektrum DX2.0

Looking at this Spektrum 2.0 but its the model before the updated case can anyone tell me what the diffence is between it and the newer version. Here is a link to both models that I am considering.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TODAY.m238.lVI
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

I think it has a memory more and maybe some other stuff.

The first isnt a DX2.0, just DX2.

I'd get a DX3.0, free second RX in that set.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul Whalen
Looking at this Spektrum 2.0 but its the model before the updated case can anyone tell me what the diffence is between it and the newer version. Here is a link to both models that I am considering.
Thanks for the help.
I would just call Spektrum and ask them. Toll free support number would be the place to start.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/About/Contact.aspx

You can read about these radios in the manuals

http://www.spektrumrc.com/About/Manuals.aspx

You can also try in the Spektrum forum (search under elec onroad, then search forums, search Spektrum, it has been a while since it was posted to) and search for something like "DX2 vs DX2.0" or just "DX 2.0" etc.

I have the original DX2. I had issues with losing connectivity behavior when the transmitter went below 11 V. I went to 10-cell NiMH2 pack and had the transmitter mod (antenna moved) done then haven't had any other issues other than 1 time I had my touring car do something funny like a glitch - 1 time in a year of racing, and it could have been anything including an ESC problem. It "just doesn't glitch". I love mine. Also they have a fair warranty on these systems. Although the guy advertising his is under warranty - generally warranty is 1 or 2 years from original purchase and generally to the original purchaser - again Spektrum should be able to tell you these things.

These are not fancy radios, but good systems for the price especially when discounted.

Mike
Old 12-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Thankyou for the contact info...i dunno WHY i didnt think of this...but I called and the only real difference is the ergonomics of the radio, also the DX2 is dicontinued so you can only get repair but not old parts if needed...but 90% of the parts are interchangable between th two models. Anyway thankyou for the suggestion. I was questioning because I thought I read a while back with some issues with the DX2 with glitches and that is the reason they redid the DX2.0. Thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul Whalen
Thankyou for the contact info...i dunno WHY i didnt think of this...but I called and the only real difference is the ergonomics of the radio, also the DX2 is dicontinued so you can only get repair but not old parts if needed...but 90% of the parts are interchangable between th two models. Anyway thankyou for the suggestion. I was questioning because I thought I read a while back with some issues with the DX2 with glitches and that is the reason they redid the DX2.0. Thanks
That was my recollection too - I think they may also have helped solve some "glitching" type issues (actually they were related to antenna wire proximity to some electrical circuits). So the DX2.0 is a little better, but not sure it's worth 50%+ more.

PS in general, one way I test product quality : call tech service with questions. The people you can actually get hold of (not sales, but service or cust support) are the ones you want to deal with. They tend to have better stuff, and if there are issues, they work with you. I've had good experience with JR (Spektrum, Horizon and JR are related companies) as well as Novak, for instance. I would have no qualms buying a JR product.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Yea the guys at thier tech support were friendly, professional and informative. They said they dont support warranty on paypal though (ebay standard) which I was a bit confused on... being its covered by Visa as well, but he said that if I had to send it in with the date/location listed they would more than likly have no problem doing service for me. All in all they seem like a good company. I called Associated about two weeks ago about three times with no luck, finally left a message and I have yet to hear back from them.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Edit...