Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hwy guys, I just wanted to say that you guys have an awesome program running out there. This weekend was my first time there and I was pretty impressed. The layout was awesome especially the triple. Any way just wanted to say thanks congratulate those on a good job. You guys should come out to Thunder Alley sometime.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by butch man
The mains are not cut short for the elec guys. The mains are at the length they are to get everyone out before midnight & keep the people that can do 15 min happy .Have you seen the start of sportsman buggy? When we have a low turn out & Dan bumps the mains up to 20-25 min the last 3-5 min look just like the first 1/2 lap. When Dan increases mains to 20 min the people that run elec run till their car stops & then pulls off the track I have yet to see tears from these grown men when that happens.They all look happy they got to run longer.
What do you mean "the last 3-5 min. look like the first 1/2 half lap"
Old 03-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

The middle of the sportsman class & down have trouble consentrating & running smooth after 17-18 min & alot of contact starts happening just like the 3-5 pileups in the first 1/2 lap till everybody gets spread out.How many times have you been first or second into the first turn & then last out Jeff? I know its happened to me too many times then in the second turn someone comes in too hot & t-bones you again.Thats just the way sportsman class is.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Great times for sure last night!

Drivers meeting was instituted, though hopefully this comiing week we will all gather on the track in front of the tower/drivers stand.

I still witnessed alot of track cutting and unsportsman like hacking.

I also noticed some very unsportsman like conduct from a couple of "pro" drivers.

Something we talked about last night, to warn all of you now, is that rough driving, track cutting & foul language will get you a stop and go, second offence will get you a 10 second stop and go, third time? You will be asked to leave.

Also any unsportsman like conduct that results in an altercation will be dealt with swiftly and those parties will be asked to leave. (Possibly for good)

There are too many families who not only come with the racers but quite a few who stop by and watch.

Thanks, I'm getting off the soapbox now.....

Jimmy Wright
Old 03-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

butchman...for sure on filo ...first in last out! It happens at all tracks. It does not matter to me if the race is 10 min. or 20 min...at the end of the race I start to press and start making mistakes (called choking). Yesterday at rev in the novice A I was making up time on the lead pack and every time I closed in I made a mental error.

Not sure what the race at arc is all about next week...the info so far is confusing to me. I would think Dan would want to dedicate a little more time to promoting this race which I believe would create a bigger turnout. From what I do understand it sounds interesting, I am a believer in money races although talk about ,hacking ,bad language etc I will come to see the show.

Since I crossed over to the electric side I am not sure if there is a reason to show up at this race....I can switch bak to nitro if need be, just need more info.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

By the way I can make a 25 main with my e-buggy and 20 min main with the truggy. I have never seen a club main any longer then 20 minutes...maybe a series main but not often. If ARC goes 25-30 minute mains the day would be way to long for me the 15 mains are good enough for me.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Thopper
Not sure what the race at arc is all about next week...the info so far is confusing to me. I would think Dan would want to dedicate a little more time to promoting this race which I believe would create a bigger turnout. From what I do understand it sounds interesting, I am a believer in money races although talk about ,hacking ,bad language etc I will come to see the show.

Since I crossed over to the electric side I am not sure if there is a reason to show up at this race....I can switch bak to nitro if need be, just need more info.
What info are you lacking?? It is short notice (as I stated in my original post) but there are so many races coming up that this was "in between" race weekends. Last night the races were ran very swiftly and we were out of there pretty early. We also ran 20 minute mains. The fact is if everyone would get to the track and turn marshall (which was very good last night), we can have longer mains and we will get done sooner. Seems like a good deal to me.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Why would electrics pay 40.00 entry when only 10.00 is being kicked back. This equates to a 30.00 entry fee with no chance of getting back some of the 500.00 sponsor money. It makes sense for the nitros to pay an extra 10.00 to have a chance to win a portion of the 500.00. The electrics should only pay 30.00 entry fee! At any rate if all the electrics are in one class I would not enter anyway because I cannot compete with the pro electrics. Sounds like it is time to get out the starter box and run nitro for a week.

Who/what is AMP?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

All of the details are not ironed out and Dan will be giving out more details tomorrow at ARC. I just wanted to start getting the word out. Tell your friends to come out, try and make some money, and have a lot of fun.

What was said?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Thopper
All of the details are not ironed out and Dan will be giving out more details tomorrow at ARC. I just wanted to start getting the word out. Tell your friends to come out, try and make some money, and have a lot of fun.

What was said?
I am just trying to get information to people as it becomes available....that is what was said. The entry fee is higher for the same reason that entry fees are higher at many other larger races or "special" races. I am not sure I need to explain this. If you are actually interested in racing electric, try giving Dan a call and voice your opinion. As I said before, he is open to ideas and he doesn't come on here. I was just trying to help get the word out. Hopefully everything is pretty easy to follow, the only thing not ironed out is where the electrics fit in with all of this. Most other races just exlude the electrics and that is trying to be avoided. If the race sounds good to you, come out on Saturday for some fun....if not, you will miss out.

Last edited by revrace; 03-15-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: sounded a little harsh
Old 03-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

the speed bumps didnt help much
cant wate for next week
Old 03-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

How long are the mains for the money race? How many places back will the payout be?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Carson, call me.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default race

Has anybody heard how many places are going to pay ? I have had a few people asking how far down each class is going to pay. They are trying to decide if they would like to attend.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ON A MISSION
Has anybody heard how many places are going to pay ? I have had a few people asking how far down each class is going to pay. They are trying to decide if they would like to attend.
I believe it is only top 3 in each class.

Did those bearings show up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.