The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

The screws we include are for mounting the parts to your Chassis, you can use your kit screws instead if you want. The two funny shaped aluminum standoffs are for mounting your 5 cell flat battery pack and the battery plate, take a look at some of the photos posted earlier and you'll see what I mean. The 1/4 by 4/40 screws and silver nuts hold on the receiver box. The silver screw is for mounting your pipe wire to the front left tranny brace. Glad to hear you got your Chassis! Jim
Old 07-10-2003, 04:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can't be too far away now!
Old 07-10-2003, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

i hope u get it soon

wheres the carry handle

or are there no holes/room for it
Old 07-10-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Jim Reeves
The screws we include are for mounting the parts to your Chassis, you can use your kit screws instead if you want. The two funny shaped aluminum standoffs are for mounting your 5 cell flat battery pack and the battery plate, take a look at some of the photos posted earlier and you'll see what I mean. The 1/4 by 4/40 screws and silver nuts hold on the receiver box. The silver screw is for mounting your pipe wire to the front left tranny brace. Glad to hear you got your Chassis! Jim
Great, thanx. I havent decided on a radio yet so i'm just going to go ahead and put it together since it was calling me yesterday
Old 07-10-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

For the supports that screw onto the transmission cases, did anyone have any trouble lining the screws up with the holes? it could be me but it seems to be a little off center.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

hi jim the chassis look really kool, im interested and can you please tell me the weight the strength and how much to ship one to Brisbane Australia.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the plastic molded parts are not really that accurate.molded parts move(shrink or twist) during the cool down period.i used an aluminum cast tranny housing to base my dimensions from because aluminum doesnt distort as much as plastic.therefor you can run into the problem with a slight misallignment with the braces.when you put the braces on,mount to the chassis first.then clip brace onto transmisions.you may have to pull it together a little,but when it pulls together it actually forces the tranny housing to back to its correct shape.after it is together for a little while,it will keep its form.im really sorry about this guys,but molded parts are just not that accurate.also it will not tweak the chassis if you do this.it pulls together perfectly straight.again,not all of the thranny housings fit like this,its like matching snowflakes,no 2 are the same. if there is any mismatch its only gonna be about .005.good luck with the chassis guys
Old 07-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by protc3
the plastic molded parts are not really that accurate.molded parts move(shrink or twist) during the cool down period.i used an aluminum cast tranny housing to base my dimensions from because aluminum doesnt distort as much as plastic.therefor you can run into the problem with a slight misallignment with the braces.when you put the braces on,mount to the chassis first.then clip brace onto transmisions.you may have to pull it together a little,but when it pulls together it actually forces the tranny housing to back to its correct shape.after it is together for a little while,it will keep its form.im really sorry about this guys,but molded parts are just not that accurate.also it will not tweak the chassis if you do this.it pulls together perfectly straight.again,not all of the thranny housings fit like this,its like matching snowflakes,no 2 are the same. if there is any mismatch its only gonna be about .005.good luck with the chassis guys
No need to apologize . I just wanted to make sure of two things. 1. that i didnt mess anything up on the chassis (cause i have been known to bend chassis..heheh). and 2. make sure i didnt get a bad chassis.

Everything else has been falling into place. In fact the chassis looks so good i'm afraid to run it and put scratches on it.

GREAT product guys. I can't wait for my first race next weekend
Old 07-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry guys. another question. the crews that came with the chassis, there are two that are shorter than the others. where do they go?
Old 07-10-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Lord

the 2 short screws go for the receiver box.there are 2 4-40 nuts that go with the 2 short screws.sorry about the lack of instructions.i plan to have instuction for it very soon.until then i will answer any questions that you guys have.again,thanks for your business
Old 07-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

No problem. I'm a computer guy so all this mechanics stuff takes a little getting used to . What engines have you guys put on this? I have a mugen MR12. Do you know if i need to do anything special to get it aligned right with the spur gears? Besides doing the paper trick?
Old 07-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Lord

for setting the play in the gears?
Old 07-11-2003, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes. I havent installed the motor yet, but i was playing around with the it yesterdat and i noticed that to get the mesh right i had to put it at an angle. but if i do that a couple of the screw holes are covered slightly. I was wondering i i needed different motor mounts?
Old 07-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Lord

that may be a possibility,bbntc3 had this problem.i made this to fit an os engine and a black pixy.thats all i had to use for it.if you email me your address i will mail you out a set of my new low center of gravity motor mounts free of charge. they are offset to fit other motors.i have fixed this problem for the next set of chassis.i moved the motor mount hole because on both of my motors,it seemed to sit about .03 to far foward.it seems that the engine blocks vary in size. i apologize for the problem but thank you for bringing it to my attention.now that i am aware, i will supply these mounts in the chassis in this batch.if there are anymore problems i will take care of you guys 100%.

jason breiner
email[email protected]
Old 07-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

protc3,
you got mail

Let me know if you need anything from me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.