Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
how long before AE comes out with new kits? >

how long before AE comes out with new kits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how long before AE comes out with new kits?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ballisticsart
Why not just updated b4 and t4 kits instead of new ones?? we all know they are extremely fast the way they are but offer them with all the updated goodies now available.
t4- Quickchange hubs, gt2 front arms, gt2 castor blocks, gt2 steering blocks, and b44 rear hubs with the bigger outer bearings!!!

b4- Gt2 castor blocks, b44 rear hubs with the bigger bearings and updated steering arms to be tougher

I already switched all this stuff on mine and they all work great!!!
its the b4 and t4 ft2's
Dang sounds like you have hybrids there. Far out.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
There are various diff greases available from Kyosho ....

The spider performs best on smooth surfaces ..

Then bumpier it gets, the ball diff has quite a advantage in traction & staight acceleration....
Thanks for the info Cherry. I would like to try one. You know the old saying experience is the best teacher.
The Sportwerks buggy has one in it. I just don't want to spend 180.00 to find out I don't like it.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Thanks for the info Cherry. I would like to try one. You know the old saying experience is the best teacher.
The Sportwerks buggy has one in it. I just don't want to spend 180.00 to find out I don't like it.
The main reason you see spider gear`s being use in 1/8th scale is because designing a ball diff to handle the power of a 1/8th would be difficult or expensive ....

still ...
would not be surprised one bit to see a R/c company produce a 1/8th ball diff real soon ....
Old 12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

can someone post the part numbers to convert the T4 to quick change axles and the B44 hubs and bearings.. I can't get the drawing on the AE site to open up...... Thanks
Old 12-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

The B44 Rear hub part # is ASC9730, the inner bearing is ASC3977, the spacer part # is ASC 7933, the outer bearing is ASC7935, and the shims part # is ASC7368 That is all the part #'s you need for that kit.

The T4 conversion kit part # is ASC7988

Michael
Old 12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do I understand correctly here? The B44 rear hubs will work on the T4? That'll be good for me now that we're running mod truck. Those rear hub bearings sure take a beating. That plus the plastic hubs are kind of old now, and sloppy. So putting fresh beefier parts on would be nice.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
The main reason you see spider gear`s being use in 1/8th scale is because designing a ball diff to handle the power of a 1/8th would be difficult or expensive ....

still ...
would not be surprised one bit to see a R/c company produce a 1/8th ball diff real soon ....
I am not to sure i would like to see ball diffs in Nitro 1/8 scale, in fact i think you will find the reason they dont use ball diffs on Nitro cars is because in reality you dont need them, running a shaft drive setup with several locations that have backlash means that the benifits of a ball diff arent seen, ball diffs are good in electric belt drive 4wd`s as power is instantly transferred as there is little to no backlash and drivetrain slop at all and the slipper clutch and belt both act as a damper for the diffs, and as you mentioned in nitro off road the sheer HP and weight of the car combined with a no give clutch ( if running alloy shoes ) and metal gear driveline would simply destroy the diffs, not to mention electric cars probably only do about 10-20 5 minute runs or less on a ball diff in total before a rebuild, whereas nitro you can do a total of over 100 minutes driving in one event, so rebuilds would be frequent. And there is also the lack of limited slip adjustment on ball diffs, not having a very large area to play with as far as loose or tightness of the diff is also not as good of a tuning tool, silicone filled gear diffs have unlimited tuning as far as different viscosity diff fluids are concerned. Thats my view anyway.....
Old 12-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

My only gripe with Asc right now is the shocks. I've built nearly all Asc kits since the original RC10 came out, and the shocks havent changed. My last T4 and B4 kits had several leaking seals since day one. Though they are not too difficult to build, they can be a pain to disassemble to change those seals out. I'd like to see shocks similar to Losi, or TRF.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

thanks for the quick reply..........
Old 12-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

I think a B5 will be released in the new (rumoured) XRAY 2WD buggy is released.

The RC12L5 could be out in 2008, the B44 and RC8 are set to dominate all..they may even release a new micro lol