Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Advice on the Losi 8ight please. >

Advice on the Losi 8ight please.

Advice on the Losi 8ight please.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Advice on the Losi 8ight please.

Hi, i just bought a Losi 8ight pro kit and would like some advice on the build such as sanding the brake disks before installing, etc.. . I hear there's problems with the 8ight shorting out throttle servos and some minor obstacles...etc. Anyway to fix these issues? Thanks, a lot. Sorry to be asking these kind've noobish questions, but im new to gas offroad.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just got one as well. So far the only advice I have received is to place o rings between the chassis and the servo tray. I was told this will reduce the risk of burning up servos.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey whats happening man. Welcome to the darkside. First off I never ran much brake in my Losi b/c I am an electric racer and just didn't feel the need for them in my 8. So I am not much help there. Now on the other hand I have you covered on the servo issue. Really the reason everyone was buring up servos was b/c of poor linkage setup. Really all you have to do is set it up by the book and then open the throttle wide open and then dial down your EPAs until the slide on the carb starts to receed. You want it were when you grab WOT that the carb opens about 98% of the way. You dont want the servo pulling against something (the motor) that wont move any further. Actually its really simple. With the 2 Losi 8 kits that I had I burned up one servo but it was almost 5 years old and I was at a big race with a 40ft double. So I wasn't really dissappointed when it happened. Kinda saw it coming. Let me know if you need more help.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pay very close attention to linkage alignment for the carb. Make sure everything is as squared up as possible. For the brakes, get some Kyosho brake springs if possible, which helps make the brakes more progressive than fuel tubing, and allows for chassis flex if you're on the brakes without wiping out the servo. With those springs, you don't need to run the o-ring underneath the battery tray.