Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
RC12 L4 - insane power need set up help BADLY!!!! >

RC12 L4 - insane power need set up help BADLY!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC12 L4 - insane power need set up help BADLY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

I just bought an rc12 l4 and i am running a mamba max 7700kv brushless in it with intellect 4200 cells (4 cell) but on the main straight of my track that is fairly long my steering is way to twitchy and i try to correct slightly i flip or run off the track, it is fine through the other parts of the track. can someone help me????
There is lots of good advice posted in response to your question. 1/12 setup is touchy as someone mentioned. One other item that could cause lack of high speed steering (on power) is up travel at the rear of the main chassis, controlled by center shock length when extended. If this is too much, it plants the rear end on acceleration at the expense of steering. Don't have any advice for a setting on an L4, but maybe someone else does.

Rich Chang's set up guide was written for a link car, but the same principles apply. Good guide.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Actually, I reread your post and see that steering is too twitchy, not lacking. Sorry for the confusion. In that case, reverse my advice and make sure you have enough up travel to assure adequate rear traction.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea as someone else mentioned, work on your radio setup as much as anything else. Turn your steering speed right down for a start, try playing with your steering exponential and dual rate too. Also set your throttle exponential to -100 untill you get then hang of things, and turn your punch on your ESC to 0. And you can also just turn your thorttle EPA down to 50-70 untill you can handle the power.
That should solve the majority of your twitchy steering problems, and will help with the spinning out on corner exits. But if it still spins then your tweak is whack. Also, remove the center screw on the rear of the T-bar for more flex, and possibly a thinner T-bar.