Community
Wiki Posts
Search

b44 vs sbv2 pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:36 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

A local racer just got sponsered by Academy. His 4wd looked good and we had a close battle in the main. My motor brushes gave up on me (brushless soon), but his car looked well. I ran the B44 for the 1st time that night and liked it.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

For the SB V2 Sport you had, did you have the carbon parts installed as well? I am curious if the handling issues you had were partly due to chassis flex.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No carbon chassis/upper deck on my Sport, just stock fiberglass. Couldn't see spending $150 more on that car.
The B44 doens't need a one way, either on the center front driveshaft, or a full one way to replace the front diff. It already has a ton of steering with a normal front diff. Plus with no one way, you get full 4 wheel brakes, not 2wd-ish rear brakes only.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would say then a better comparison would be an SB V2 Pro to the B44, not a partially upgraded sport. Having had both the Sport and Pro V2 versions, there is a definite difference in handling, and the chassis and uppoer deck adds a big component to that.

As for the the oneway thing, On the V2 Pro, I liked the feel of the center oneway for my surfaces I ran on, but again that can be driving style dependent as well. Sort of like how some people like the Losi "push" versus the B4's twitchy-ness and vice versa.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
No carbon chassis/upper deck on my Sport, just stock fiberglass. Couldn't see spending $150 more on that car.
The B44 doens't need a one way, either on the center front driveshaft, or a full one way to replace the front diff. It already has a ton of steering with a normal front diff. Plus with no one way, you get full 4 wheel brakes, not 2wd-ish rear brakes only.
the sport and the v2 pro are totaly different cars. I own both and the sport is a joke to me., but its what its labeld sport.

As for the oneway comparison thats just silly. The sbv2 pro comes with the option of no one or a one way. You get benifits of both world. The big thing witht he one way on the sbv2 is you still have a working diff in the front with the one way installed.