New Buggy

Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motoazure
What was breaking?
both stripped out the clutch bell from the chassis flexing so much...one of them was having some hinge pin binding issues, and one broke the top plate...and the one that could not finish the day broke the front shock tower, it was a lil cold and the carbon fiber cracked...

ive seen others with the hinge pin binding problem, and ive heard a few other guys complain about the chassis flex, but IDK ive never wheeled one, and have no desire to...
Old 11-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The RC8 was faster out of the box than 3/4 of the cars I've driven with a solid race setup. The car is fast and consistent. Customer service is second to none. If you just bought the kit, call Don at AE and ask for the revised top plate. I have 3-4 gallons on my RC8 with no breakage. This is at big races; RCP Finals (B-Main), LA Nitro Open (4th), club races practically every weekend with practice during the week. I would go with the RC8 because it is a bonafied RACE car and will only get faster.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

how will someone know if they have the revised top plate
Old 12-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Initiate

My choice was the CL1 due to the support that I have in my area. I think it will be a good car...
Old 12-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Here are some pics of the new machine!

Old 12-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

is that the new advanced cl-1 i ran the cl-1 for while i didnt have to many problems with it.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

I like that VZB
I think it is an ofna or somethin like that
Old 12-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Manhente 6 Hour Endurance Results

GS-CL1/RB/DSM 410 laps/6:00:08/best lap 40:770 Miguel Lopes/Décio Alves/Carlos Cardoso/Paulo Miranda
2º MUGEN/RB/DSM 393 laps/6:00:20/best lap 39:859 Joaquim Sacramento/Alcino Sacramento/Carlos Sousa/Miguel Martins
3º X-RAY/SIRIO/DSM 370 laps/6:00:03/best lap 39:976 Cristian Villar/Alberto/David/Inaque (equipa espanhola)
4º HOBAO/BOSS/MAC21/DSM 343 laps/6:00:11/best lap 39:358 Carlos Durães/Ruben Cerqueira/Victor Balbeira/Filipe Gomes
5º GS-CL1/RB/DSM 325 laps/5:41:36/best lap 42:480 António Araújo/ Vera Araújo/Rui Sá/Nuno Ferreira
6º LOSI/RB/DSM 192 laps/4:19:57/best lap 41:351 André Oliveira/Pedro Carneiro/Diogo Almeida/Victor Tomás
Old 12-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Keep your eyes open for a CL-1 Advanced upgrade kit if GS decides to release one. They recently announced that they're coming out with an upgraded car, at least.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes GS will release an upgrade kit, as soon as the CL1 Advanced hits the stores.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

in my opinion, go for the car that you have local support in....

i have built many different make of cars (for myself and for my customers)...

as many of the people in this hobby, i have heard alot of different opinions on makes of cars... i often take them with a pinch of salt so that i can evaluate the car with an open mind...

i have own this 2 cars (currently still owning), and happy that you actually narrow your choice to this 2...

as many have mentioned that the gs is not popular in the US as they are not very involve in racing over there... but they are very active in europe and asia and have really good results...

the CL1 is the first taiwanese car that i own... i used to run the Xrays and really like the built and quality of the european car.. while i was putting the CL1 together, i was very impressed with the built quality... they are actually very close (if not on par, or better) than the xrays... really change my perception about taiwanese cars... they have really come a long way compared to yester-years... the plastics are top notch, steel parts are nice, fit and finish is good...

xrayeddy actually mentioned about needing to shim the CVD's to remove the freeplay on the wheels... i think they actually bother to give you the shims is already a plus point... some of the other manufacturers dun even bother, even if there's tons of slop there... about the 2 piece pivot ball, i do not have any issues with it... if you can just spend another 30 secs and put a little red loctite, you do not have problems... they make it two piece so that it's cheaper to replace only the ball when it wears... i do not have probelms with the engine screws at all... they are like many of the other buggies that i owned... need to used a sharp tool to remove the dirt before trying to lossen them... i really dun see a big fault in the design... maybe some small gritty details that some of us here have preference on... one thing that i should mention is the car is really heavy...

i could't say the same when i open the box of the RC8 that i recently got... i was pretty disappointed at the built of the car... not that it have major flaws in it... but i was really spoilt by mr Hudy's xrays... the rc8 built seems very yester-years taiwanese built... the finishing of the car is not as nice as the gs (and of course, xrays)... but i really like the design of the car... some really innovative, but not overly creative (like the M1B)... almost everything was thought about... quality of the plastic seems good... and it's really light....

drive wise, if set up properly, both are race winning cars... it all bores down to personal preference... the gs runs a pivot ball design, and the rc8 is with the c hub... both have their pros and cons... in my opinion, the driver makes a bigger difference... give the top drivers any cars, they will still make A main... give the D main driver the best car, they'll still be in D main...

i have had many others taiwan made cars... in my opinion, gs is the best built and quality of the lot... not to mention that the losi8, rc8, and some of the japanese cars, are made in taiwan... gs is made in taiwan, and they are proud to be made in taiwan...

last but not least, i derive this from the real car and bike racing worlds : the driver/rider that wins, normally does not complain much about the car/bike... it's the driver/rider that doesn't win, they complain the most...

2 cents...
Old 12-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I just purchased a CL-1 anyone have any good threads for support or for some help from time to time...?
Old 01-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Initiate

I've searched the forum already and didn't find much info about the CL1, probably in european sites it will be easier to find more info.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know a torsen diff that would fit the cl1?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by abranco
Does anyone know a torsen diff that would fit the cl1?
fiorini make a torsion diff for the CL-1 very expensive and to be honest I didn't like the way it changed the handling of the cl-1 made it very grabby in the steering department.

I ran a Cl-1 team kit for about 12 months and it never skipped a beat the only thing I ever broke on it was a pillow ball.

the shipment of Advanced's arrived this week in New Zealand and they look really good I'm seriusly thinking of changing from Losi back to GS.

parts upkeep on the Losi is starting to get to me.

Adrian

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.