Like Tree94Likes

Speedzone Batteries & Motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any news for us yet?

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado

New product announcement coming Wednesday.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Scionara05
Well after a good night I started 2nd oiped it and landed last just to make it back to 2nd by lap 3 or 4 and stayed there tje whole race leader already had a lap on the field by lap 6
A2 stated 2nd stayed there until a pipe came out of nowhere to put me 3rd where I finished but took 2nd overall with points car was good and after a fresh rebuild of shocks the car came alive everything just fell into place motor batts gearing everything was just there I cant say any more but great products guys
Thank you! Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by zerius
Any news for us yet?
Coming up...
Old 07-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Company Representative

Exclamation Speedzone 1/8 2200KV Peerless Series BL Motor

Speedzone 1/8 2200KV Peerless Series BL Motor

I am excited to announce the release of our very first 1/8 scale motor. Earlier this year we added 4S packs to our lipo line of battery packs. This motor addition will compliment the 4S packs and our line of BL motors. The motor has the same precision and quality as our 540 and 550 motors. We are releasing a 2200KV edition first and then possibly a lower KV version.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Gavin, new motor looks nice. Is it sensored or sensorless? New 6.5 too... Thanks.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug T
Gavin, new motor looks nice. Is it sensored or sensorless? New 6.5 too... Thanks.
I have already ordered the 6.5. You better have that XX4 ready.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Doug T
1/8 motor is sensored.

And yes, we also added the 6.5 to the 540 line-up!

Old 08-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Started 2nd in the amain had a bobble to put me back to 3rd and finished a strong 1st motor and batts holding strong
Old 08-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This past weekend dirt heaven raceway hosted the 13th annual corn roast race, i placed 4th in the Amain in Mod trk and 7th in the Amain in mod buggy, the speedzone lipos were amazing as always, but i really like the square lipo in my b5. The event had perfectly grilled corn, very tight racing and was alot of fun.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

This past weekend I attended the Chris Cooper Race for a Cure at Thunder RC in Nashville, TN. If you are not familiar with Thunder, it is a fairly large high grip carpet facility that is home to some really fast drivers. I haven't had the chance to race much in the last few months, so most of the day was spent knocking the rust off my driving skills while I ran 17.5 TC and VTA.

The TC class was the most competitive with 24 entries. While the top three qualifiers in the class managed to separate themselves, the rest of the field was fairly tight. My day in TC was a mixed bag. I managed to pop a camber link in my first qualifier, so that didn't help anything. The second round went a little better, but I managed to get tangled up with traffic and the best I could do was put myself in 16th position. By the third round my car was working pretty well and I had a very clean run going. I was on pace to qualify in the 8th position, but my battery hold down worked loose at the 5 1/2 minute mark which ended my run. B-main for me! Because of the number of cars entered they set the mains up in 8 car grids, which meant I was starting last in the B. During the main I was able to work my way up to 4th, but couldn't make my way around the 3rd place car. I got a little impatient and tried to dive to the inside in a chicane section but clipped the pipe. That set me far enough back that I was never able to challenge for the position again and had to settle for 4th.

The VTA class at Thunder is always fast and competitive. The top two qualifiers in VTA were former Snowbird and ROAR national champions and they kind of separated themselves from the field. The next 8 cars were all within 10 seconds after three rounds of qualifying. I managed to put my car 6th on the grid after 3 uneventful rounds. In the 8 minute main I had a great fight with 2 other cars for 4th place that lasted the entire race. I was able to win the position in a drag race to the line on the final lap. I was glad my Speedzone Peerless battery still had the punch to outrun the competition after going hard for 8 minutes!

All in all it was a great day. We managed to raise some money for a good cause and had a good time doing it. It was also a good warm-up for the Southern Nationals at Thunder RC in September. I'll be sure to send a full report after that event.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Default tuesday night worlds at irh

Gotta love the 1 and 2 finishes plus 1 and 2 in points over all
17.5 motors and batts in both top 2 cars
Attached Thumbnails Speedzone Batteries & Motors-screenshot_2014-08-13-00-03-47-1.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by flyinr2003
This past weekend dirt heaven raceway hosted the 13th annual corn roast race, i placed 4th in the Amain in Mod trk and 7th in the Amain in mod buggy, the speedzone lipos were amazing as always, but i really like the square lipo in my b5. The event had perfectly grilled corn, very tight racing and was alot of fun.
Very cool. Good to here positives about the square pack...seems that people are still working on the balance.

Originally Posted by Csaari77
This past weekend I attended the Chris Cooper Race for a Cure at Thunder RC in Nashville, TN. If you are not familiar with Thunder, it is a fairly large high grip carpet facility that is home to some really fast drivers. I haven't had the chance to race much in the last few months, so most of the day was spent knocking the rust off my driving skills while I ran 17.5 TC and VTA.

The TC class was the most competitive with 24 entries. While the top three qualifiers in the class managed to separate themselves, the rest of the field was fairly tight. My day in TC was a mixed bag. I managed to pop a camber link in my first qualifier, so that didn't help anything. The second round went a little better, but I managed to get tangled up with traffic and the best I could do was put myself in 16th position. By the third round my car was working pretty well and I had a very clean run going. I was on pace to qualify in the 8th position, but my battery hold down worked loose at the 5 1/2 minute mark which ended my run. B-main for me! Because of the number of cars entered they set the mains up in 8 car grids, which meant I was starting last in the B. During the main I was able to work my way up to 4th, but couldn't make my way around the 3rd place car. I got a little impatient and tried to dive to the inside in a chicane section but clipped the pipe. That set me far enough back that I was never able to challenge for the position again and had to settle for 4th.

The VTA class at Thunder is always fast and competitive. The top two qualifiers in VTA were former Snowbird and ROAR national champions and they kind of separated themselves from the field. The next 8 cars were all within 10 seconds after three rounds of qualifying. I managed to put my car 6th on the grid after 3 uneventful rounds. In the 8 minute main I had a great fight with 2 other cars for 4th place that lasted the entire race. I was able to win the position in a drag race to the line on the final lap. I was glad my Speedzone Peerless battery still had the punch to outrun the competition after going hard for 8 minutes!

All in all it was a great day. We managed to raise some money for a good cause and had a good time doing it. It was also a good warm-up for the Southern Nationals at Thunder RC in September. I'll be sure to send a full report after that event.
On-road season is around the corner!

Originally Posted by Scionara05
Gotta love the 1 and 2 finishes plus 1 and 2 in points over all
17.5 motors and batts in both top 2 cars
Glad that products are running well for you. Even better is the 1-2 finish!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

So just starting to relax after a lonnngg day up at cruzin with rc over in waldwick nj
Started out as a good day car was strong and after a gear change I was on pace I started b main in the top spot and its where I stayed and bumped into the a main started 9th dead last and made my way threw the feild to finish 6th overall was a great day thank you for your motor and batts motor was coming in at about 130 140ish on temps running 69 35 full can timing on a 17.5 ht rotor regular not the thick wire motor this thing just loves the gear and ask for more
Old 08-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Peerless 13.5 Gearing

Hi guys, Does anyone have a good starting FDR for 13.5 blinky sedan? I'll be running this motor on asphalt with a 90' straight and on a tight carpet track with a 30' straight. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I would start at a 4.5 on the 90' asphalt track and 4.8 on the 30' carpet. Like always check temps after a minute or two but it should be fine. These are conservative numbers. Set timing to the last mark. Don't be surprised if you get closer to 4.0 on the asphalt track depending on layout. The carpet will probably vary less as you have very little space to hit full throttle on a track that small. Use fan and go up a couple teeth at a time until you like how she feels. Let us know how it goes!

AWD
Old 08-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you kind sir! I'll be running on asphalt next, can't wait to try it out!

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I would start at a 4.5 on the 90' asphalt track and 4.8 on the 30' carpet. Like always check temps after a minute or two but it should be fine. These are conservative numbers. Set timing to the last mark. Don't be surprised if you get closer to 4.0 on the asphalt track depending on layout. The carpet will probably vary less as you have very little space to hit full throttle on a track that small. Use fan and go up a couple teeth at a time until you like how she feels. Let us know how it goes!

AWD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.