Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
And when you thought TC companies copying eachother couldn't get worse... >

And when you thought TC companies copying eachother couldn't get worse...

And when you thought TC companies copying eachother couldn't get worse...

Old 11-16-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by adamliehr; 11-16-2007 at 06:58 AM. Reason: haha.. dumb
Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
It sucks to put a lot of effort and thought into something to have someone rip it off. Hopefully thats not the case here.
that is sooo funny to have this statement about a taiwaneese company. it is usually the other way around.

by the way, I was "made in Taiwan"
Old 11-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
that is sooo funny to have this statement about a taiwaneese company. it is usually the other way around.

by the way, I was "made in Taiwan"

Just to clarify my situation it was an american company stealing another american companies stuff.

As for Trinity caring. I presume the guy meant he had a cell blow up and Trinity had no response for him. Them changing cells doesnt mean they necessarily care in his situation. They probably just dont want to be held liable for anything in the future. They arent going to risk their company based on reselling another companies dangerous cells. So if that is caring then you are correct.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by adamliehr

Boycott Racers Edge!
This actually looks different then the TM bag.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Why just have one company dominate the RC industry? By having several companies producing the same items it will drive a lower price!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by k£v!n
Why just have one company dominate the RC industry? By having several companies producing the same items it will drive a lower price!
Read the posts by TeamTekin to understand why it can be bad. Esp in an industry like RC where the companies are all relatively small.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
This actually looks different then the TM bag.

Haha... it looked similar to me. I don't have the bag, just have seen brief pics.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
It shows they care if Trinity feels that the cells they sell now are more reliable than IB cells. Trinity made a decision to stock the new cell and thats their way forward in business

How is it that ErnieP has all the time in the world to come on this forum and bash brushless technology for many days, yet he doesn't have time to return a message from a customer that had a trinity product blow up in his face?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Bags and zippers are specifically why Trinity got Dieter, Kinwald and Lemiux back, just for that speciality.

Man I just couldn't resist, my bad.

Sorry Ernie.

403 see above quote, nuff said.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

It really isn't that funny.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
How is it that ErnieP has all the time in the world to come on this forum and bash brushless technology for many days, yet he doesn't have time to return a message from a customer that had a trinity product blow up in his face?
Exactly...

I'll stick with TM at least I know they have decent customer service...
Old 11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Exactly...

I'll stick with TM at least I know they have decent customer service...
Fo' Sho'. I am with you on that.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I bought the tm f8 bag from Trinity in January or February of this year. After having it a couple of weeks I noticed that one of the plastic mounts that hold down the handle inside of the bag was broke. So I e-mailed trinity. After a week with no response I e-mailed Team Magic. They asked me to take a bunch of pictures, which I did and sent them to them. They then said it was damaged in the shipping process and they would have Trinity send me out a new bag. Of course Trinity was out of stock on these bags so I had to wait. I kept in contact with Team Magic through e-mails and they seemed pretty sympathetic to my plight and told me not to worry. After five months I started getting failure notices for my e-mails to Team Magic, the last e-mail I received asked if I would pay half the shipping from overseas because Trinity still didn't have them in stock. So I then e-mailed Trinity support again, and of course I got no response. So after another week I decided to call them. I explained my situation and they said there was nothing they could do. I said I was promised a bag from you guys, and if you don't give it to me I will go on the forums and tell everyone how horrible you are to customers. Well, that got them to say ok, send pics and your correspondence to Team Magic to us, and we will take care of it. So I did, I had to send them to two different people at Trinity, and of course they never replied back. So I called them again and the girl on the phone said we can't help you, so I asked to speak to someone higher up. I talked to a guy and he said ship us the bag back and we will ship you a new one, I said how about you ship me a bag and a call tag for the old one, as this has been going on forever. He then said we are not affiliated with Team Magic anymore so there is nothing we can do.

Needless to say, there is only one Trinity product I still buy, that is the Co 27 for my 1/12th scale, and I am going to get a 17.5 so I won't even have to buy that.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

i run BL now so i dont have to run brushed though there are other brushed motor company's out there.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

At least I'm not the only one with the cracked handle problem. Mine happened at some point after shipping, though I'm not sure how, I barely do more than lift the bag to/from my truck and wheel it inside the track.

The design of the bags is very useful, but the quality is pretty weak. I hope someone gets it right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.