thanks
peter
Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 PM

Always check CarolinasRC, B-main hobbies, and then A-main hobbies
Old 11-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

1+ On carolinas...

It's funny, cause I was just about to post this same thread!!! You beat me to it!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

support your local hobby shop.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

A or B Main or Tower Hobbies and use there codes for discounts...
Old 11-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JeremyS
support your local hobby shop.
Im sorry JeremyS, but screw my local hobby store. They don't cater to racers like the online stores do!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

that is unfortunate to hear.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My local hobby shop is about 1/2hr away and at $3.30 per gallon of gas, I will shop online also. +1 on Carolina, A,B Main hobbys, Losi-Associated parts house.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

alot of people don't realize what a hobby shop does for the racing scene (around here anyway) My local shops compete with the internet everyday. I can get just as good of a deal if not somtimes alittle better than on the internet. plus i get the parts i need that day and not 3 days down the road when i have been wanting to practice but can't. the shops put alot into the club racing as well. this last season one of the local shops come to the track with food for everyone almost every race. we grew from having literaly 5-10 people at our first two races to over 60 people for our last 5 or 6 club races. that was huge!!! and the hobby shop benefited from that as well!!!

alls im saying is try to support the places that support the local racing scene. and i understand some shops want nothing to do with racing or anything like that. Which is unfortunate, because they get results like posted above. less business.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Support your LHS!

Alot of the time, when you support your LHS, the money go's into Local RC events making it stronger for time to come. More parts, parts support at races, giveaways, raffles. etc.

Plus, nothing is like hanging out trash talking for the next club race at your LHS
Old 11-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

the local shop is the local hang out for me!!!!!!!!!!

owen knows what im talkin about!!! lol
Old 11-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

the local shop is the local hang out for me!!!!!!!!!!

owen knows what im talkin about!!! lol
Thanks for all of your support Slacker!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have been doing this for 20 years now. Over the years I have always STARTED by supporting my local shops but in some cases they have lost my loyalty because they often times don't give a shit. I'd say that half of the shops I have frequented over the years weren't interested in anything other than pushing the stuff they were into. Others also sometimes have an elitist "I know more than you because I sell the stuff" attitude.

I don't like that and I don't care if they are right next door to my house. If they act that way I will buy online.

I n general I believe in supporting my local guys because they end up being friends but I absolutely don't subscribe to the blanket "Always support the locals" mentality that some have blindly interjected here. Not all locals deserve our business.

In any event my money currently goes to the local shop for the stuff he stocks but the stuff he doesn't I get from Carolinas. My local guy doesn't sell Kyosho stuff and I am not interested in switching to a Losi just so I can buy parts from him. He knows I get the stuff from Carolinas (Which is overnight for me anyway) and also - bear in mind that Carolinas is a big web retailer but they are also a LHS who is HUGE in its support of local racers.

When was the last time any of you raced at Tower Hobbies track?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

alot of people don't realize what a hobby shop does for the racing scene (around here anyway) My local shops compete with the internet everyday. I can get just as good of a deal if not somtimes alittle better than on the internet. plus i get the parts i need that day and not 3 days down the road when i have been wanting to practice but can't. the shops put alot into the club racing as well. this last season one of the local shops come to the track with food for everyone almost every race. we grew from having literaly 5-10 people at our first two races to over 60 people for our last 5 or 6 club races. that was huge!!! and the hobby shop benefited from that as well!!!

alls im saying is try to support the places that support the local racing scene. and i understand some shops want nothing to do with racing or anything like that. Which is unfortunate, because they get results like posted above. less business.
Thats the Problem. The local shops AROUND me don't support the racing scene. The hobby store that does support the racing scene is TOO far away from me. The track and hobby store is far apart. It's not like the hobby store is at the track. But please note I am not complaining about the hobby store not being at the track, I am just making a point.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
I have been doing this for 20 years now. Over the years I have always STARTED by supporting my local shops but in some cases they have lost my loyalty because they often times don't give a shit. I'd say that half of the shops I have frequented over the years weren't interested in anything other than pushing the stuff they were into. Others also sometimes have an elitist "I know more than you because I sell the stuff" attitude.

I don't like that and I don't care if they are right next door to my house. If they act that way I will buy online.

I n general I believe in supporting my local guys because they end up being friends but I absolutely don't subscribe to the blanket "Always support the locals" mentality that some have blindly interjected here. Not all locals deserve our business.

In any event my money currently goes to the local shop for the stuff he stocks but the stuff he doesn't I get from Carolinas. My local guy doesn't sell Kyosho stuff and I am not interested in switching to a Losi just so I can buy parts from him. He knows I get the stuff from Carolinas (Which is overnight for me anyway) and also - bear in mind that Carolinas is a big web retailer but they are also a LHS who is HUGE in its support of local racers.

When was the last time any of you raced at Tower Hobbies track?
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.