Best engine for 1/10 scale

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Best engine for a 1/10 scale

Originally Posted by WARDO
Thank you, on both points
Your attack on Team Kamikaze is an insult in itself.
They are the most profesional shop I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with a LOT!!
The Red Dot engine is a BEAST!.
I have a 12+3 Modified by Maxy, and even though this engine is fantastic, and cost me a small fortune, Team Kamikaze turned me on to the new Red Dot and it is just as quick, and powerful. Team Kamikaze saved me hundreds of dollars by showing me the Red Dot, when in fact, I was going to buy another modied 12+3 from them. They provide countless hours of support to the races at all of the events, and everyone who knows them will stand up and speak for them.
They donate hundres of dollars to the Toys for Tots races, and other charitable events because not only do they care about the less fortunate, they are dedicated to the hobby 100%.

Chill out guys, you are making fools out of yoursleves.
Your attack on Team Kamikaze is unwarranted, and uncalled for.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WARDO
I did not see his sheet on the sirio, only the crf and the red dot.And do you think the guy that started this thread,could get the same engine Jeffry Lin was running? Scott Rister, Bought an off the shelf, no mods,Nova Rossi, from Ashford hobbies, and got into the A. And I know two people that run Sirio, and their motors are NOTHING like the ones you can go buy from the hobby shop.
C'MON know why you had to let the secret out
Old 11-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by brc358
Your attack on Team Kamikaze is an insult in itself.
They are the most profesional shop I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with a LOT!!
The Red Dot engine is a BEAST!.
I have a 12+3 Modified by Maxy, and even though this engine is fantastic, and cost me a small fortune, Team Kamikaze turned me on to the new Red Dot and it is just as quick, and powerful. Team Kamikaze saved me hundreds of dollars by showing me the Red Dot, when in fact, I was going to buy another modied 12+3 from them. They provide countless hours of support to the races at all of the events, and everyone who knows them will stand up and speak for them.
They donate hundres of dollars to the Toys for Tots races, and other charitable events because not only do they care about the less fortunate, they are dedicated to the hobby 100%.

Chill out guys, you are making fools out of yoursleves.
Your attack on Team Kamikaze is unwarranted, and uncalled for.
I agree 100% here with brc358. Kamikaze hobbies has done nothing but be 100% supportive to our hobby at every possible angle you can think of. Every race I have ever attended with Team Kamikaze present has been made that much better with them there. They do nothing but help out ANYONE that is at that race. Sam will help you with parts, pitting, engine tuning and anything else without expecting ANYTHING in return. You will actually see Sam running back and forth from the pits more then ANY other racer there for the most part. And he's running to help the average Joe, usually more then one in the same heat. They truly are an asset to our hobby in every aspect!!

If it wasn't for Sam and all of his personal email to me with a hundred questions each time, I don't know if I would have gotten back into the hobby. Sam was the one that helped me out to re-enter the onroad scene after my 4 year break. And he still continues to this day be there for me any time I need help. Hell, he even goes out of his way and brings me a table and canopy to help me out when I travell. So all this bashing on Sam and Team Kamikaze is complete rubish. We all make posts that might be a bit over the top once in awhile, but it's no reason to pass judgment to this extreme. Is everyone here so prideful that they just can't back off and let it go? Are we men that can shake hands and say, sorry man, maybe we all Fu***d-up a little and things went too far. Lets put this crap behind us and move forward. After all we all have one thing in common, and that's our love for our sport/hobby. And Sam has one of the largest passions and amount of knowlege in our hobby. We have enough "Drama" in our lives already, lets not let our stress reliever become a drama issue too. That's just plain silly and a waste of time.

So PLEASE, EVERYONE...stop the bashing. It truly makes you all look childish. There are a LOT of people that count on Sam and Team Kamikaze for help and support on a daily and weekly basis. I know because I am one of them. Remeber that we are all human and do or say things that might be out of context. Shit happens. But for this to escelate to this is idiodic. Lets all just get back to the main reason this thread was posted and put all the "CRAP" behind us. Thank You everyone for understanding.

As far as engines, I will stick to RB or Novarossi. Never ran the others, but I believe you get what you pay for, my opinion. I've never had either of these engines let me down, and when your running in your main, the last thing you want is engine problems. So I stick with what works and don't bother with "experimenting" with the chance of having issues. Plus if my engines are lasting up to 6-9 gallons (piston and sleeve), then I beleive I'm getting my moneys worth. Peace everyone!! And thank you Sam and Team Kamikaze for your never ending support you give me and all the others I see you help!!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Damn!!! If you are getting 6-9 gallons out of an onroad engine, you need to LEAN THAT THING OUT!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Yeah dude, your probably right. I always have plenty of power and good runtime though. However I'm not an A main guy that has the throttle nailed all the time. But I do average C and D mains, B every once in awhile. So I'm not slow, but also not a flawless driver either. But I thought that this was normal wear for todays engines? Well then, maybe I'll take your advice and lean it out and try and make that A main. LOL. I will admit I've always been a bit cautious with my engines. A little over cautious by the sounds of it.
Didn't you know that having the fastest car on the straightaway is the most important part of sedan racing?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Damn!!! If you are getting 6-9 gallons out of an onroad engine, you need to LEAN THAT THING OUT!!!

true!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah dude, your probably right. I always have plenty of power and good runtime though. However I'm not an A main guy that has the throttle nailed all the time. But I do average C and D mains, B every once in awhile. So I'm not slow, but also not a flawless driver either. But I thought that this was normal wear for todays engines? Well then, maybe I'll take your advice and lean it out and try and make that A main. LOL. I will admit I've always been a bit cautious with my engines. A little over cautious by the sounds of it.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I coulndt agree more with BRC358 and Serpentd. I deal a lot with Team kamikaze. Heck, if it wasnt for Sam I provably woulndt race half as much as I do, he is always helpfull, always giving pointers. He can find any part I need, when I need it. I've seen him help anybody and everybody at the track, with anything. My engines wouldnt run as good as they do if Sam wasnt tuning them. And i dont know anybody that has anything bad to say about him.

Do you have enough knowlodge about sobject? I never seen on one of your post any real tech (sciantific) info regarding nitro stuff and always was under empression that you are rc product retailer and hobby guy, but no more then that. Correct me if I am wrong please. To make stratment like that you need to be really literate in subject and qualify (proven) in all aspect of hobby, but not only promoting of what you are selling (even if you do it all day long on RCtech). I will be really carefull to call anybody "Idiot" unless I can prove it. This is public forum and everybody is free to talk whatever they want to (except bad wording etc).
Thats the post by EdwardN that started all this BS. He's the one that steered the thread in a different direction He's attacking Sam for no reason, saying he doesnt know enough about engines to be able to tell the difference. And when you're attacked you have to defend yourself. Sam doesnt tell you to run this engine and he runs something else, he runs what he sells.

Who the hell is anybody on this forum to question somebody's integrity amd honesty if he doesnt know that person.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Didn't you know that having the fastest car on the straightaway is the most important part of sedan racing?
Dude, apperantley not, but I'm learning this now! I will most definately try your way and see what type of speeds I have been missing. I do love to go fast, I think we all do. So I promise, my next race I will give it AL she's got man. Thank you for the advice bro. Now I'm sort of stoked to lean that shit. Thank you there Scott!! If or when we cross paths, I will most certainly hunt you down to make sure I am lean enough bro. SWEET!!! And thanks again for the heads up! I actually mean that in a serious way. I know that might be difficult to distinquish with all this sarcasm. But I will seriously take your advice bro!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

i hear you on that one cheesewhip.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Scott guess who else is getting 6-9 gallons through their engines : )
Old 11-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrodude
He's attacking Sam for no reason, saying he doesnt know enough about engines to be able to tell the difference.
Strange....I can't find Edward comments to Sam that "he doesn't know enough about engines." I guess somebody else must have edited or re-phrase some words!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kitracer
Strange....I can't find Edward comments to Sam that "he doesn't know enough about engines." I guess somebody else must have edited or re-phrase some words!
Considering that half of EdwardN's posts have been edited by himself, use your own judgement. I personally read it before all the editing was done. And there was plenty of editing I can assure you.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:59 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

In Formula 1, 10% less performance, doubles the lifetime of an engine.

So if people are not really good drivers, they get more lifetime of there engine then better drivers.

But still people say that one engine has more lifetime then other, but in fact it is because they can not drive.....
Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by M7H
In Formula 1, 10% less performance, doubles the lifetime of an engine.

So if people are not really good drivers, they get more lifetime of there engine then better drivers.

But still people say that one engine has more lifetime then other, but in fact it is because they can not drive.....
Wow bro, thanks for that encouragment. I think I will lean out my engines so they only last 2-3 gallons so I don't fit in the "I can't drive" catagory.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.