Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I guess im sticking with the Himoto wing
Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
Hey All

I dont want to take sides but we have tested these wings in a liquid flow bench as well as a wind tunnel in germany it cost us over 3 million dollars to test toy car wings. The test was done by none other than Daild Carlson who is an ex aeronautical engineer for Nasa. I say EX because he quit and then forgot everything he knew. He once owned 50% of Microsoft and is directly related to Elvis Presley !

the results are top secret so dont tell anyone !
I think it's about time you stop trying to be funny and start paying the creditors you owe money to .
Gentlemen this guy has a tendency to take out Apprehended violence orders through the courts on any creditor he owes money to so he can avoid payment .

Smart but very very very cheeky but will come undone sooner or later.

Thers a saying that old people say this type of person enjoys Success for a year and 1 year only then comes undone.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by asw7576
I thought you like banana better ? j/k
How 'bout some peanuts?? hehehe!!...munch, munch...

But getting back to the thread...I'm still doubting between getting a Himoto or a Pro Line....hmmmMaybe one of each??
Old 11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
ps:first and last post wont be back so have fun racing everyone
I think it's about time you stop trying to be funny and start paying the creditors you owe money to .
Gentlemen this guy has a tendency to take out Apprehended violence orders through the courts on any creditor he owes money to so he can avoid payment .

Thers a saying that old people say this type of person enjoys Success for a year and 1 year only then comes undone.
How many times have I read you say "this is my last post" Angelo with multiple different user names.

If you have a business problem with someone, don't bring it here, when we're trying to discuss high downforce wings. In fact, please don't bring it the forums when people are trying to discuss RC in general.

As well as that, I don't care how your wings are designed or made. Nor do I care about how himoto, proline, Jconcepts, mugen or any company for that matter are designed or made. I care about how they make the car feel to drive and how my lap times change when I change wings.

Getting back on topic... I've got a club meet next week, so I'm going to try and do some back to back testing of all three wings I have. One is a himoto, one is a stock MBX5R and the other is one that looks similar to the mugen, but smaller. I'll see how it goes and post back here.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Angelo u tossa give the forums a rest mate You've been told on Nitrobuggies now u been told on RC tech
Its not a place for the Australian Novarossi importer sticking his nose in
u don't see Jim on here big noting himself give it up mate

if u wanna have a good read about this wanker follow HE Imports on here http://www.nitrobuggies.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4069

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 11-14-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitroboy
upset i see well you will get over it .dont forget us Americans don't like attitude like yours neither does the rest of the world.
The forums don't need people like you at all .the forums are for conversation about racing etc not about your problems.
Angelo u tossa
Old 11-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Turbine_au
I'm going to try and do some back to back testing of all three wings I have. One is a himoto, one is a stock MBX5R and the other is one that looks similar to the mugen, but smaller. I'll see how it goes and post back here.
I'll be very interested to hear about how those tests turn out!!

The Himoto wing looks very interesting design. Is it also resistant??
Old 11-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default wings

Check out the "team cobra" wing

http://www.racedayhobbies.com/team_cobra_racing.html
Old 11-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The team cobra wings just look like the himoto wing with shallower scooped out bits on the edge.

My wing has held up fairly well considering the way I tend to land jumps.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Looks like another addition to the HD wings.

http://www.vp-racing.com/products_wings_en.htm
Old 11-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default VP HD wing

Hay paradoxmaker!! that wing looks really nice!! Have you crash-tested it yet??
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
Hay paradoxmaker!! that wing looks really nice!! Have you crash-tested it yet??
Nope, i'm still crash testing my Himoto one...
Old 11-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Paradoxmaker
Nope, i'm still crash testing my Himoto one...

Very interesting to know how it works out and where to buy it...
Old 11-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, this is a cool thread. I personally like the Pro-Line HD Wing the best.

HOWEVER: When CEN asked me about what type of wing they should design, our R&D team came to one simple conclusion. To reverse engineer what was already readily available. This may sound strange but hear me out.

It is apparent that HD wings provide added stability and more traction at high speeds, and even better handling while jumping. But, I was at a race qualifying, "rocking" an HD wing when my wing mount hand come loose (Yes, I know, this is a novice mistake) but after my wing came off I remained to click off fast lap times. Actually faster. With that in mind, I installed the CEN Wing, which is smaller, lighter and has a bit less downforce. This gave the vehicle much more corner speed, resulting in faster lap times.

The track was indoor and HIGH Bite.

I highly recommend trying one out the next time you are racing on a tight, smaller, or high traction track. You'll be surprised at the results.

The CEN Wing was mainly developed to be different than all existing wings, but has proven to be the wing of choice for my team, when racing on high traction, tight tracks.

Part # is MX015 and they retail at a very affordable $8.00usd
Attached Thumbnails HIGH DOWN FORCE WINGS-mx015.jpg   HIGH DOWN FORCE WINGS-ifmar_warm_up_1-8_2007_farm2_561.jpg  
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Hey Andrew im not supprised to hear it . High downforce wings do create more drag to force the rear wheels in particular more grip but when you slow down for cornering the effect can almost go against you. What CAN happen is your rear end can come un stuck. In a straight line you will slow down with a HD wing its just the basic law of aerodynamics.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.