Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
WERKS TEAM LINE B7 .28 (NITRO TRUGGY ENGINE) >

WERKS TEAM LINE B7 .28 (NITRO TRUGGY ENGINE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WERKS TEAM LINE B7 .28 (NITRO TRUGGY ENGINE)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
Ive got a .21 on its way should be here next week woo hoo i just hope i dont run into any problems heres a link to a review done by Tony from Toneyscrews
has his needle setting when it was on the dyno which would be a good starting point cause it wont be far off http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ighlight=Ninja
im sure it will be a good engine...most engines are good, the main thing is if they fit yout driving style and type of vehical your putting it in...
Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
if this is true then why would pete tell me different things??? also didnt it take a long time for ninja to come thru on the warrenty??? idk just going off what pete and the other guys have been telling me...
Pete tends to over react sometimes... he's still a really young guy.... I know exactly what your saying, as he said the same things to me... But I also have been with these motors since break in, so I see the other side of the story..... And Ninja was out of stock of the parts, but the warranty wasnt difficult to get approved....... I like Ninja's regardless..the Ninja 28 being the best racing 28 I have seen to date..
Old 11-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

hmm Ninja is one of the listed engines next , that ill be considering since you can get them for 350AU now!!! which is a fair good price. , reason im buying a new engine even though i already have a brand spankin new OS is that i need a 7port for the flowing tracks like Liverpool Radio Rally Car Club which from what i remember during its rebulild it has a pretty long flat straight and one at the back so from what i recall ninja would a good choice, if the wereks aint that good o well sucks to hear.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

What exactly is NINJA..?? and what header is good to use with this engine..??
Old 11-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Dont cross out the Werks just yet, I will chat with some of the factory guys next week and figure whats what.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yeah, tried ALL the JP line of pipes from 1-4, a couple of the RBs, on and on...
Shoes from teflo to aluminum, and all manner of springs...

Plugs...McCoy, O'Donnell, O.S. JP, RB, Mugen....

Believe me we are thorough with our engine testing...

And its not me that does the tuning and driving. It goes from the non-sponsored to the sponsored local racers...

I too am having some issues with the Ninja .21. Brand new motor, broke in just fine. Ran it during a practice day with glow plug that came with it.

Ran it during a heat/qualifier and it flamed out. Couldn't get it restarted. Changed the plug out, to a JP3 and ran it. Ran fine for that check out period never, getting above 219.

Took it out for the next qualifier, started up, ran a lap then flamed out. Checked the plug, all was good, but it wouldn't stay running.

I've dissassembled it and double checked everything....We'll see....

Now here is something interesting with the Ninja .21 I've bought two used ones. BOTH had tons of gasket sealer on every spot where there is a potential for an air leak. Wonder if they had the same problem...

With regard to swapping out the bearings on the Werks...I don't think you should have to replace bearings on a motor you just bought. That sounds like an issue Werks needs to address...
Old 11-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15

With regard to swapping out the bearings on the Werks...I don't think you should have to replace bearings on a motor you just bought. That sounds like an issue Werks needs to address...
yep had the same problem with all my werks engines...once the bearings were changed the problem was fixed, but i doent feel i should have to change the bearings after spending $250 for the .28 and $300 for the .21....
Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default SWEET

I put my WERKS .28 in my LOSI 8T which is also new to me, getting it to turn over was fun for awhile but i have got passed that and now the thing is going to be a powerhouse i have only ran a quart of 30% through it and it is really an awesome runner as of now...!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default my 2 cents...

Just my 2 cents... I still to this day have a werks .26 - it's jst the little beater I got stock in my mayhem, a few years back. the engine's got cumulatively around 4 - 4.5 gallons through it- it still has WICKED compression- can barely be turned over by hand...

honestly- i think it all comes down to prep for break in - when i say prep, specifically heat gun technice- this way you can get it hot and expanded, BEFORE idling tanks through it.

just my 2 cents- i really gotta go buy myself a heat gun- I should practice what i preach and use a heat gun for burning on my new REx 421B in my MBX5T prospec...

anyhow- i do like the werks mills- at least my own experience with a .2 has been a great one - I've destroyed countless .28s in the meantime, but my .26 is a killer. so sick of 28s in fact, that i chose the 421b for the truggy application OVER other 28s like the 528XR...
Old 11-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScudMan
Just my 2 cents... I still to this day have a werks .26 - it's jst the little beater I got stock in my mayhem, a few years back. the engine's got cumulatively around 4 - 4.5 gallons through it- it still has WICKED compression- can barely be turned over by hand...

honestly- i think it all comes down to prep for break in - when i say prep, specifically heat gun technice- this way you can get it hot and expanded, BEFORE idling tanks through it.

just my 2 cents- i really gotta go buy myself a heat gun- I should practice what i preach and use a heat gun for burning on my new REx 421B in my MBX5T prospec...

anyhow- i do like the werks mills- at least my own experience with a .2 has been a great one - I've destroyed countless .28s in the meantime, but my .26 is a killer. so sick of 28s in fact, that i chose the 421b for the truggy application OVER other 28s like the 528XR...

a Werks 26 was a Picco built mill...very high quality........... unforunately Werks now has dropped Picco and now gets their motors made by Sirio.... the current Werks motors are rather junkie, sorio does not make engines as good as Picco does......... The Werk's 28 is a huge dogof a 28, one of the poorest performing 28's we have ever seen......
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

heat guns should be used all the time even after break-in... (remove ALL fuel from engine and tank, burn off what ever is left in the engine and use 5 to 6 drops of afterrun oil every time also... these small details will help your engines live longer.

I have both the werks B7 (non pro .21) and the Ninja .21 and no problems at all... its a matter of knowing your top and mid settings and staying out of a lean bog. Both of these engines have a fine line of tunning learn that first!! Then complain about the engines not performing.

Last edited by MetalShield; 11-12-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default yes

Originally Posted by Maximo
a Werks 26 was a Picco built mill...very high quality........... unforunately Werks now has dropped Picco and now gets their motors made by Sirio.... the current Werks motors are rather junkie, sorio does not make engines as good as Picco does......... The Werk's 28 is a huge dogof a 28, one of the poorest performing 28's we have ever seen......
Yes- agreed. Add the Orion .28 (non pro) and HPI 28 on that list as well - engines that were marketed as great, but in truth (IN FACT) SUCKED!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default "IT WERKS"

I HAVE ABOUT HALF OF A GALLON THROUGH MY WERKS .28 NOW...IT IS STILL VERY TIGHT, SO I HAVE TO USE THE HEAT GUN ON IT EVERY TIME TO GET THIS THING TO START EASY..!!! HEAT GUT IS A LIFESAVER WHEN BREAKING IN A NEW ENGINE ESPECIALLY A LARGER MOTOR...!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I REALLY DID THIS ENGINE..!!!! TUNING HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASY...!!!