Wiki Posts
Search

Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Advice

Hi all,

I'm new to RC racing etc. And I want to start going to buy a RC-Car and join a club and race with it. Does anybody have good advice how to start, what to buy that kind of things?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Kind regards,

Speedy
Old 11-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Champion

The best thing to do is to get yourself to a race meeting and see what is used, rather than buy something which might not be suitable for racing.

If the club is friendly enough there will be plenty of people there to ask questions
Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

yep, that's the best way. visit your local track, chat to the guys. if you head for race control, where the computers etc are and introduce yourself they will help or find someone who can.

I's also recommend considering what the local guys are racing - you will need help getting a car race ready for a while. You may also find decent 2nd hand kit cheap, someone is almost always upgrading so wants to get rid of older kit.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

My local club have loan cars too which are a great way of promoting r/c and a cheaper way for people finding out if r/c is for them or not

Maybe not many clubs in general have this feature, but if someone is willing to let you try using a spare car or something it can help you decide if r/c is for you or not, some are just hooked the minute they see the racing (I know I was many years ago, lol).

A possible plus point about buying your own stuff though is getting to grips with it and learning before you go to a race meeting. This isnt always the best way, but it can help some people

I would say that you have to have the desire to learn and practice if you want to stay in r/c. Winning does not always come easily and it has its good and bad days.

For some, winning is not everything, but improving or just having a good day out in general is enough