Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Team Orion 4200SHO batteri >

New Team Orion 4200SHO batteri

New Team Orion 4200SHO batteri

Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cannon, why don't you just let us know who is manufacturing the cells for Orion if you trully know that this is just a rebadged Cell?????

The text states that this is developed by orion and is not one of the three major batteries.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The real question is what are the numbers like?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Cannon, why don't you just let us know who is manufacturing the cells for Orion if you trully know that this is just a rebadged Cell?????

The text states that this is developed by orion and is not one of the three major batteries.
Looks like Grepow to me but that is just a guess.

The fact is that I alone am on the mailing lists of at least 20 Chinese battery maanufacturing companies, all eager to provide finished cells with whatever shrink wrap I provide.

I highly doubt this is some new cell developed by Orion. Especially when you consider that their current staff does not have the knowledge to carry out this type of undertaking. Maybe they have hired some enginners or bought a battery factory? But I doubt it.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

The fact is that I alone am on the mailing lists of at least 20 Chinese battery maanufacturing companies, all eager to provide finished cells with whatever shrink wrap I provide.

I highly doubt this is some new cell developed by Orion. Especially when you consider that their current staff does not have the knowledge to carry out this type of undertaking. Maybe they have hired some enginners or bought a battery factory? But I doubt it.

How could you tell that it might be from grepow?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

WOW
Old 11-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

that bridge isn't just burned, it's freaking NUKED!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Can't wait to see some of these pop up at the track.....
I'm assuming that the IR on these would be a little higher since it doesn't self discharge all the way down??????
Old 11-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Dam, didn't know the splitup was that bad.

Rick, by posting this, do you have info/evidence to back that up? I'm quite exited to try these cells out, but if they're just rebadged Grepows, I'll pass.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

double post...
Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
Dam, didn't know the splitup was that bad.

Rick, by posting this, do you have info/evidence to back that up? I'm quite exited to try these cells out, but if they're just rebadged Grepows, I'll pass.
That is why I said it is just a guess. Of course I could be wrong. After consulting with others here, I am pretty sure I am wrong. But I do have a better idea of where they come from.

I would give them a try if the numbers and price are competitive.

But the point in my original statement is to say that there is not some secret battery company lurking in China that nobody knows about that is all of a sudden making killer batteries.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ricks comments would have nothing to do with the company changeovers.
Seems like most people dont understand the chinese way of business, sell to as many people under as many different coours possible. These companies are continually spamming every distributor they can get a contact at, no matter what size, other affiliations etc

Grepow have had some good reviews of late, no doubt if Orion are willing to put their log on it, it would be a reasonable product, but saying it is an exclusive cell is a bit too much marketing hype.

Good to see people of Ricks calibre not only chatting on these forums but giving honest answers.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

that's what I reckon...
Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
I'm quite exited to try these cells out, but if they're just rebadged Grepows, I'll pass.
Have you tried them? I've been running Grepows for at least 6 months and they are as powerful and much more robust than IB's.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Someone on here made the right guess
Old 11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ihave the copy of the article I saw onRC-Forums.at that talks about Orion and Grepow,it also tells what is going on with IB, the chinese govenment has imposed a no load law on batteries meaning no charge can be in them while shipped for security reasons is also in this article the results are lots of bad cells by the time they reach smc and IB wont eat the bad ones.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Rick,

I don't think it's nice to bash competitor's products... even more when there is this on your own website... http://www.teamassociated.com/reedy/...teries.htm#693

"For over 25 years, Reedy has been producing and developing competition-level batteries that meet and exceed the demands of the hardcore racer. This commitment to performance is now available to the masses in an easy-to-use, plug-and-play form.

Reedy’s all-new WolfPacks have been created using the knowledge and experience of an engineering group responsible for winning 28 world titles. This winning philosophy forms the cornerstone of all Reedy products. With no exception, WolfPacks provide world class performance for your R/C car, truck, boat, or motorcycle.

Because a battery pack is only as good as its individual cells, WolfPacks are assembled using Reedy’s all-new high-tech SC-R Nickel Metal Hydride cells. This exclusive cell features high capacity for extended run times while delivering maximum output thanks to its current-carrying capabilities and ultra-low internal resistance."

Wow Reedy cells, that's interesting so Reedy has battery engineers and a battery manufacturing plant, great news! So who's the battery chemistry engineer at Reedy? From which one of the 20 chinese manufacturers are these "high-performance" cells coming from?

Is it BYD battery?

Nice copy of Team Orion Rocket stick packs! Follow the leader!

A Team Orion products supporter from Europe...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.