Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8ight or jammin

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 8ight or jammin

ok s i am looking at one of two buggies eigther the losi 8ight or the jammin cr. i am leaning more to the 8ight but i am not dead set any info would be greatly appreciated. im not looking for who thinks one is better because they run that. looking for honest info so i can make an educated decision.

thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I drive the Losi 8ight, and I love the car. Losi vs. Jammin i would deffinately go Losi. It would be hard to choose between Losi, Associated,and Mugen. Those in my opinion are the top 3 buggies i have seen out there.

It also depends on your driving style. If you have any Team Losi vehicles already, you will do great with the 8ight. If you go over to Jammin it may take some getting use to. I have been running my 8ight for about 4 months and I havent broken a part yet on it. The only problem I had was the screws that hold the pistons on came loose.

Just my $0.02. Good luck with watever car you choose.

Mikey Bustamante
Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You need to look at your driving style first . Are you agressive ? If so the Losi is great! Do you like to drive loose and sideways around corners ? If so get the Jammin' or a Mugen . Durability, Losi's are incrediblely rugged ! Jammin's hard to get parts for, it seems Losi's most of the time are easier.
Both jump well ,Losi is easier to work on too. Only down fall of the Losi is setting up the servos is SUPER CRITICAL !! Especially the throttle. I must be either good at setting up the radio or just lucky , I have not ruined a servo in the Losi to date
Old 10-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks guys both of you have told me alot. i currently have a losi ad1 i love it. i have always ran losi and that is why im leaning towards them. the info about the parts being hard to come by on the jammin is really good to know.

Anyone else got any info? im all ears.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Again, i drive the losi but my 2 cents

The Losi is very much the Buggy of the moment ....... I believe it requires driving with a touch of finess for the best results. You can't just throw it around like some other buggy's out there if you want the fastest lap times for it . Parts quality are OK not up there with Mugen and Xray but OK the diff cases leave a little to be desired, but on the whole the buggy's awesome for me.

I haven't owned a Jammin, but have heard good things about them from 2 local racers, One even changed from the LOSI to it and finds it much better for him. He said it's more consistant and he finds it easier to drive. Parts wise I'd guess it's on a par with the losi.

I assume you've good reason to be interested in just these 2 buggy's ??? As i'd also suggest looking at the AE RC8 as it look great value and will have good parts back up i'm sure. It's also worth looking at what's being used locally so you can share set-up info and parts if needed
Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Rookie

yeah i have a reason to look at just these two buggies. the losi cause im totally partial to them. and the jammin cause i have heard lots of good things abut them locally. no one really carries parts for eigther so that is not a factor. i am just not that fond of associated. Never realy have been. Tho i have been eyeballing the rc8. havent had the chance to see it in person so still unsold.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, I owned both cars. the Jammin was my first car. it was great and I never once broke a single part. I love the Losi, it's my current car, but I have popped off more tie rods than my jammin has. If you can drive a consistent line and stay in the groove, then go with the Losi, if your prone to mistakes every once in a while, the Jammin is way more forgiving!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Hyper 8.5 is a great compromise between these two options. It is forgiving and durable like the Jammin', but favors a finesse driving style like the Losi. Jumps great, handles better than both, IMO. Definitely quicker outta the corners and off the line, with probably the best rough track handling capabilities out there.

Slap on some Jammin' 16mm Big Bores, and it is 'the beez kneez'...

Old 10-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Get the Losi....

I would go Losi if I were you. Both cars have their strengths and weekness in the performance catagory. Both cars can be setup to suit your driving style. However, since you drive gas truck I think you could go with either.
The Losi wins here because of the tools and fastners and measuring standards you already have. All of your parts could come from one source as well.
You won't be disappointed! Hollar if you need a setup.
TEX
Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

You cant go wrong with either buggy. I ran my jammin ALL summer and all I did was keep the diff's and shocks fresh.

I dont know that the parts are any harder to get than any other buggy's.
jammin's are durable so you dont need many parts.I bought all the spares I thought I would need and didn't use any.

I have wheeled a Losi and it is a nice buggy also.

JAMMIN'
Old 10-30-2007, 07:02 AM
A.C
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What abt CEN's Buggy and Truggy?

Are they good too? compared to Losi and Jammin.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

I think it boils down to driving style. If your strapped up all the time the Jammin is the better choice if your smooth the Losi is the one to get.

The 8ight drives best when you treat it like an electric car with smooth throttle inputs. If you can do that its really fast.

The Jammin is point and shoot. It was one of my favorite buggies to drive.

I currently have the 8ight. Its cheaper than all the other buggies and comes with optional sway bars and springs. I think the centralized engine is a big plus when jumping. Nothing jumps like a Losi. It requires some extra attention to detail to get rid of some of its gremlins though.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

I drove my losi and friends jammin back to back a few times and I was more consistent with the jammin than my losi. I am a smooth driver and while i really liked the losi, I am faster with other cars. But in the end, it comes down to preference. Just pick one and try it.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i have the Jammin FTE and my neighbors have the losi 8s RTRs.

as noted above, Jammin is more forgiving for those with a looser driving style.
if your an onroad driver comeing over to Dirt, then the Losi may be a better driveing style buggy for you.

the nibs losis have been pretty solid, though one did have issues with dog bone cross pins. the other has been pretty solid.
Both run like raped apes as they have the mach 427.

and lastly both have had servo burning out issues. both have eps and adjustment set up properly so its not from overstressing the servo from improper setup.

only issue i had on the jammin has been a toaste spur on the center diff. CB Bearings went to hell in the middle of my last race this season, but i kept going trying to finish the last race, killed the spur in the process.

parts for either are pretty handy for the most part. though more LHSs will likely carry losi parts prior to jammin, but if you have to order online for either, then its not an issue.

im am currently selling my Jammin FTE with all the nitro goodies that go with it, only becuz at 30.00 plus per gallon, i get more money milage out of my Gassers.

Both are good top rated Buggys. and as stated also above, boils down to driving style more than anything.
with my loser driving style i find the Losi a bit harder to control, while one of my nibs finds it much to his liking, and the other is still debating on it.

the CEN is a good buggy too imo, but the Losi and Jammin are a bit nicer overall. but then that accounts for the 100.00 differance in their prices too.

hth
Timmahhh
Old 10-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Initiate

I have drove a jammin fte all summer and had great luck with it no problems and never broke anything! I have nothin bad to say about the buggy, parts never seemed like they where an issue to get. But recently went to the rc8 and i did get alot more consistent with my lap times!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.