Wiki Posts
Search

How is the RC8 doing at the track?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Rc-8 has set the track record @ Trcr .....
Fastest 1/8th ever ....
^those few words say a lot for the RC8!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I dont think anyone including myself is saying the car isnt fast. I am just saying that for such hype and pushing the release date farther and farther back they could have done a much better job. The car looks like part of it was taken into with much consideration while some parts were rushed and totally over looked. I have had both the 8ight and the RC8 and they are totally different cars. I honestly hold the 8ight on a whole different level than all the others. It is the furthest away from the standard cookie cutter design. I am currently going back to my mbx5r. I have drivin pretty much all of the buggys including the RC8 and so far the Mbx5r and the 8ight are my top 2.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I took my RC8 out of the box and ran it without any modifications and was very impressed.

My first impressions were the car got a bit unsettled over some of the small jumps, which I think will just take some adjustments of the shock oil and spring rate.

My lap times were better than my Jammin and the RC8 had better and more predictable steering. It pushed a bit on power which I like, but had excellent off power and mid corner steering. It really has some punch with the stock gearing, so I may swith to a 17t clutch bell.

I didn't have any issues after two heats and a 10 minute main. No leakage in the shocks, no other issues.

I think Associated has done a fine job with this design. I haven't completely dissassembled the buggy, but I really like what I've seen so far.

The drivetrain uses the spiral gears which is an expensive upgrade on the Jammin, the chassis does flex which I like, the king headz top plate seems like a necessity.

I've run just about every chassis with the exception of the Losi and I don't see anything lacking from this buggy. I don't think it is way better than any other buggy right now, but time will tell how it does.

I raced indoor on clay on a track that was very new to me and finished third. First place and third were Associated RC8's. It's likely I would have finished third with my Jammin and the guy that won would have finished first regardless of the chassis.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

Originally Posted by motoazure
the guy that won would have finished first regardless of the chassis.
don't you hate those kinds of people?