Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX5 is here!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have seen a couple x5's in action and to be perfectly honest I am not that impressed ( the drivers kinda stink so it really isn't fair) I do like the way the buggy looks and I think it will pan out very well. Right now their are allot of Kyosho guys jumping ship it will be interesting down the road until the new Kyosho buggy comes out and everyone will jump back again. But thats how it always goes
Old 06-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KINGZJ
I have seen a couple x5's in action and to be perfectly honest I am not that impressed ( the drivers kinda stink so it really isn't fair) I do like the way the buggy looks and I think it will pan out very well. Right now their are allot of Kyosho guys jumping ship it will be interesting down the road until the new Kyosho buggy comes out and everyone will jump back again. But thats how it always goes
When is the new Kyosho buggy coming out?
Old 06-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

I would expect it to be well after the worlds race most likely at least a year off at least. No one has even see a prototype yet and they usually race those for a while.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

KINGZJ, have you drove the MBX-5???? I can tell you from experience that is the best buggy I have ever driven straight out of the box with the standard kit set-up!!! If you comparing the X5 to the XR is like comparing the MTX-2 to the MTX-3 theres that much difference. The local Kyosho factory driver's only comment was (OH MY GOD thats good, OPPS I carn't say that!!!)
Old 06-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

all i know is i have it and i love it

it works great for me

i have to admit i didnt follow the included setup sheet 100%

i changed my center diff oil and shock oils

i dont want to convince anyone that the mbx5 is better than any other buggy

why should i force my advantage on them

i do have 1 friend however who drove a mbx4xr then jumped to kanai i am trying to convince him to come back to mugen because he just hasnt had any luck with his kanai he always did well with the mbx4xr and hasnt done well with the kanai

i am not saying the kanai is a bad buggy but apparently it doesnt suit him well

accord i cannot compare it to K2 i have never driven one i still kinda want to but i know i wont switch

during the main i was able to get really comfortable with my mbx5 it just felt great and i had alot of fun driving it

so far i have only driven my mbx5 about 45 minutes period i look forward to running it again because it has given me a whole lot more confidence in what i can do now
Old 06-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Does the 5 come pretty well loaded or are they gonna come out with an xr version?
Old 06-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Read my statement a little closer. I think the buggy looks really well. I did drive one and it did not suit my driving style to well
(at least how it was setup) I am waiting to make any judgement until I get to drive one that has been properly built and setup. I think it is good to finally have some very stiff competition for the kyosho buggy between the new Mugen and the talent stacked Ofna team. The up coming worlds is gonna be a nail biter to the end.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by spongebob
Does the 5 come pretty well loaded or are they gonna come out with an xr version?
...you mean an X5?......then X5 RR?......then X5XR?.........then X6 and so on.........

...............that remains to be seen.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

kingzj i know that you didnt bash the mbx5

and its cool with me if you dont want one like i said i am not trying to force it on anyone

i heard from my friend who has it that its kinda hard to drive in stock trim because the kit says to use 3k front and center and 1k rear with no orings he switched to 7k center and liked it much better

i built mine with 5k center because it didnt seem right to have both front and center the same so i havent driven it with the box setup

i would bet the guys you drove was setup according to the box also

as far as the included equipment i would say its pretty much loaded with universals throughout graphite radio tray and front support

but i would bet that they do come out with some sort of fully optioned kit someday probably with an aluminum center diff carrier and shock towers that are more adjustable and maybe thicker

i dont believe that they would just make it and then never try to develop hop ups they make money on that stuff

i can imagine in the future a bunch of aftermarket parts coming out for it if we use the mtx3 as an example

i can think of a few pieces where it could be nice to have an aluminum piece where it is plastic now

i dont think that it needs to be hopped up to perform but i will buy the stuff just because i like to buy stuff to make it look cool and different
Old 06-11-2003, 01:44 AM
Tech Addict

PTP be shore it will happen, Shock towers with more holes, aluminium center diff mount, new hubs ect ect ect. This is how they make money. I'm all ready working on my grafite shock towers with more adjustments!!! All I'm saying is that out of the box it's sensational!!!!! As for the K2 being a better buggy( all the titles it's won) is that because it's a better buggy or because Kyosho PAY the BEST BEST drivers to race it ????????
Old 06-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Rookie

"As for the K2 being a better buggy( all the titles it's won) is that because it's a better buggy or because Kyosho PAY the BEST BEST drivers to race it ????????"

Its both. You're not going any where with out a quality car. Do you think Michael Schumacher can leave ferrari and go to minardi and still expect to finish in first? You need a quality car, driver and engine in order to win.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

is its here in singapore my friend is the first one to get it it look good...............thinking to get one also..
Old 06-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

we have all made good points

but we forgot one that the top drivers also get to choose who they run for

they want to be competitive also

the fact was the 7.5 was a better car than the mbx4xr

however i think the field is very much even now

we may find some of the guys switching

maybe not either way it doesnt matter to me

i bought it because i like mugen cars alot

i bought it because i felt the improvement they made between the mtx2 and mtx3 and i knew they were going to make a serious difference with the new buggy

and im glad i bought it because i was right they really improved it alot

now we all have options in what car we buy because there is now more than 1 car capable of winning

my choice is mugen mbx5

now its time for me to start building my mst-1
Old 06-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default mbx5 this week

i start building on monday yeaaaah!!sold k2 making switch
Old 06-15-2003, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.