Wiki Posts
Search

CRC Race Cuts TC Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default CRC Race Cuts TC Tires

"Calandra Racing Concepts have released a high performance, low cost, touring car foam tire for the racing market called Race Cuts, which are a 27 mm wide touring car tire mouted on CRC’s 51 mm dished wheel. This new tire offers a performance based larger diameter wheel (51 mm instead of 49 or 50) with a 27 mm width so its suitable for all the current touring cars and while the rules now allow the wheel to be 53 mm, a rim this large forces a very small side wall making the tire a one or 2 run tire at best. The new TC Race Cuts come trued to 58 mm in diameter and are available in 2 compounds, magenta and a split double purple/magenta."
Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

looks cool. Are they going to eventually offer more compounds? Its cool to see tires coming trued down. Cutting tires sucks.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

After seeing a set of the Jaco Prisms, I don't think I'll ever buy tires again that aren't pre-trued. I'm glad everybody is jumping on that bandwagon. What kind of price can we expect from the CRC's?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
After seeing a set of the Jaco Prisms, I don't think I'll ever buy tires again that aren't pre-trued. I'm glad everybody is jumping on that bandwagon. What kind of price can we expect from the CRC's?

Pre trued tires are sweet . CRC says the full retail price will be 14.99, so thats like 5 bucks cheaper than a lot of other tires on the full retail part, so they might be even cheaper when they hit hobby shop shelfs.

-Korey
Old 10-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Pre trued tires are sweet . CRC says the full retail price will be 14.99, so thats like 5 bucks cheaper than a lot of other tires on the full retail part, so they might be even cheaper when they hit hobby shop shelfs.
Wow, that's outstanding news. I'll bug our track's LHS about getting some.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Who's bandwagon? I believe CRC was the first to offer this with their 1/12th "Pro Cut" tires.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

What is better rubber or foam? I run rubber tires at the mo and they waer out pretty fast. is it the same for foamies and are they faster/do they make a difference when u drive?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by johnnywhopper
Who's bandwagon? I believe CRC was the first to offer this with their 1/12th "Pro Cut" tires.
I'm not sure who started it, honestly. I'm glad it's becoming the norm, though. Cutting foams is a messy hassle.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rim looks very similar to the old-style Parma rim.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm not sure who started it, honestly. I'm glad it's becoming the norm, though. Cutting foams is a messy hassle.
I have been wanting to try foams but the cost of a truer is way too much and too much trouble...this trend may actually increase the popularity of foams.