Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for new vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Looking for new vehicles

I'm looking at buying a truggy and eventually a buggy from the same brand to race next season. I will end up buy used kits because it saves alot of money and because I know my driving skills aren't where they use to be to make a new kit justified for the price. Now what I want to know from people who have driven several different brands is what are the pros and cons of each. I currently run a mayhem buggy that I got in a trade but I'm not looking for this brand is the best I just want pros and cons so I can pick the best for my driving style. I have been reading for the past month on all the brands just want some creative feedback that is not brand bias (I know that probably wont happen lol). Now giving the racing is atleast 85% driver and the fact all vehicles have all the aftermarket stuff on them what are the pros and cons of each from those who have raced them? So please no (insert brand here) because it's the best answer just weakness's and strength's of those you ran.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

all you need to know is mugen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Go with a buggy that your lhs stock plenty of parts for,or a lot of racers at the track are running so they can help you.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Get the car that is most raced at your local track. That seems to always be safe.

Or, if you go with one of these brands, i don't think you can't go wrong.

Mugen
Team Losi
Associated
Kyosho
Ofna Jammin CR

I have seen all of these race and they are all competitive. I say cut 5 straws in different sizes, label each one with a name above, mix the straws up, close your eyes, and randomly pick one. Which ever one you pick, that will be the (Tr)Buggy to go with.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

I will be going truggy first because I still have the sportwerks mayhem if I want to drive a buggy. I was hoping for a little more on pros and cons of each vehicle you have driven. Then again I have never followed the heards at the local tracks. heck carpet racing I bought a car no one runs to be different and one that the local shops have no parts for. I'm not worried about that I have the internet for that. I want to get people views on what they drive and how they drive to base my opinion off of.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

HongNor CRTruggy not bad but from what ive seen part wear isnt very good 4/10

Mugen MBX5R Truggy good Dirt Cred. 10/10

OCM Kaos DT-19T saw this weapon yesterday when i picked up my OCM buggy and its absolutly awsum! will hit the market Very very soon. 10/10

Kyosho

Team Losi8T seen this go and you cant go wrong. 10/10

Xray XT8 one word WEAPON!!

what do you look for in a truggy?? i mean most of the Truggies here are very competative but in the end its also what you want from it, fast, tough, drives like its on rails.

take into account the set up that is used because that does make alot of difference.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

KYOSHO all the way!!!!

mp777 WC and STrr
Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

CEN
Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

I guess I want something that will be able to lack my less then precise driving and not to fragile. I don't want a rtr.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I was in the same situation, heard the losi is fragile (more so than the others), and needs to be driven with a little more precision. For me, truggy rcing is about brutality lol, so I went with the mugen. If I want precision and finesse, I will race onroad. Plus, I never read any posts about people trying to adapt cen, losi, etc. prts to a mugen, it is always about adapting mugen parts to another brand and that says a lot, at least to me.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

TeamVTX has a great Truggy (VTX-ST1) and a great Buggy (VTX-B1) and both are very competitive with little modifications. Currently they only offer RTR versions, but Pro kits are in the works and will hopefully be released later this year.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Driven the mugen, xray and losi.

Mugen is a tank and drives pretty well but requires more energy to drive fast.

Losi is not as fragile as most think and is the best handling of the three. It drives like the losi buggy, which is similar to an electric sedan.

The Xray is also very strong, and handles just a tick less than the losi. This is the one I would pick at the moment. Its parts quality is second to none and just plain rocks.

Really, any of the trucks can be made to fit your driving style.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Hyper 8.5 and Hyper ST...

Pound for Pound, the best bangs for your buck. Parts all over ebay dirt cheap.

Hyper ST was winning major races as a freakin' RTR for goodness sakes! Pro version didn't get released until a few months later.

Hyper 8.5 - If it's good enough to win a Euro Worlds Title this year, then it probably ain't half bad, ya think?!

On top of all this, it feels good to beat a herd of Losi's or the lastest 'car du jour' with my Hyper 8.5...

GET WHAT APPEALS TO YOU, and whatever you get, drive the wheels off it and have fun!

Good luck!

Old 10-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

+1 on Xrays being 'bullet proof'... May or may not be the fastest rig on a given day, but it won't crap out on you, ever... Fantastic fit and finish. You cannot go wrong here for club racing. It's the 'Honda' of RC cars...
Old 10-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
TeamVTX has a great Truggy (VTX-ST1) and a great Buggy (VTX-B1) and both are very competitive with little modifications. Currently they only offer RTR versions, but Pro kits are in the works and will hopefully be released later this year.
+ 1 On the VTX my buddy runs there buggy and it has been a good car, you really can't beat the price for what your geeting.
If it were me i would look at the CEN FRE Matrix.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.