Wiki Posts
Search

EP cells at Vegas???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Island Losi
i assume this is charging for 'BIG' race meet. for the average club racer would this charging be good? in terms life of cell..........for a year.
Originally Posted by Josh H
I can tell you this.........Brad charged his stuff at 7.0 amps and did not re-peak. I also witnessed a few people charging at 10 amps (not recommended but ep's will handle it)
Recommended charging is 6 amps and no re-peak is needed unless the pack is charged very early.
I was usually busy at this race and started all my charges early. I know that there have been a rash of battery failures in the recent past, however, I have packs that I have abused since the carpet nats using the method that I outlined earlier, and they are just now showing signs of degrading capacity, performance only drops off at the very end of a run. The lack of longevity is more than likely a result of the abuse I put the cells through. Note: not one cell has gone bust (not to say they wont), and in 20 years I have never popped a single cell.

If you have proper charger settings and properly prep your packs for charging, you will greatly reduce the probability of structural failures of the cells. It still can happen, as all electrical components have MTF ratings which is like saying variable use life. The method that Josh H states is the more conservative route, and will probably lead to longer pack life.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks. i have fusion power 4200 cells and they were great. mad punch to the end. im looking for some new cells and im goin to go with EP4200.

PS

any one knows of any more prebuilt packs other than Pro-match and Team Almighty?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Island Losi
any one knows of any more prebuilt packs other than Pro-match and Team Almighty?
Most all matchers will build them for you for a price.