Wiki Posts
Search

need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default need some advice

ok peeps i been seriously thinking about getting into competitive truggy racing i been looking around and i've narrowed my choices down to 3 truggs and they are as follow Jammin CRT pro, the Mugen MBX-5T prospec, or the X-ray Xt-8. I've been leaning more towards the Mugen, but i dont know, i really like the X-ray but havent seen one in person before, Jammins are a great choice but you to me get more out of a prospec...?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrs_wtf
ok peeps i been seriously thinking about getting into competitive truggy racing i been looking around and i've narrowed my choices down to 3 truggs and they are as follow Jammin CRT pro, the Mugen MBX-5T prospec, or the X-ray Xt-8. I've been leaning more towards the Mugen, but i dont know, i really like the X-ray but havent seen one in person before, Jammins are a great choice but you to me get more out of a prospec...?
My buddy is thinking about buying a truggy also and the CEN has been the choich he his going to make
Old 10-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've seen the Mugens in person and OMG! They do great. Turn great, jump great, track doesn't mess them up. Good prices too. I have no idea about the other two, but I'm sure you would be pleased with the MBX5T. I also have a friend with the Jammin pro and it does good also, but he seems to break front arms once in a while. Also when he tried using the droop screws on the arms, the diff case would break-or the arms would pull the diff case up off the chassis and strip our where the screws under the chassis hold it. So he quit using the droop screws. But it also handles well.

How is parts support at the LHS's? I'd say that is a big factor. I drive the Losi T and like it a lot.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

you cant go wrong with any of these, but my personal choice is the mugen...
Old 10-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by air8
I've seen the Mugens in person and OMG! They do great. Turn great, jump great, track doesn't mess them up. Good prices too. I have no idea about the other two, but I'm sure you would be pleased with the MBX5T. I also have a friend with the Jammin pro and it does good also, but he seems to break front arms once in a while. Also when he tried using the droop screws on the arms, the diff case would break-or the arms would pull the diff case up off the chassis and strip our where the screws under the chassis hold it. So he quit using the droop screws. But it also handles well.

How is parts support at the LHS's? I'd say that is a big factor. I drive the Losi T and like it a lot.
Well the LHS kinda sux we have 2 Hobby Town and Awesome, Hobby town is about everything but they're mostly into T-maxx and not so much truggys and the LHS has OFNA, but mostly buggys. I dunno i'm really diggin the mugen myself..
Old 10-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would go with the mugen or the xray. I have driven both and I like the xray more. Both will last longer than the jammin as well.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I almost bought the Mugen last year when I started racing. I was real close. But after hearing about how new drivers wouldn't have to adapt to the 8's driving I kind of thought I'd start there. I'm sure I'd be happy either way and I'm happy now driving the 8 and 8T. I like to drive my friends' Mugens. They are fun and to me (NOOB) they feel similar. Fast, aggressive, smooth, and controlled.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by air8
I almost bought the Mugen last year when I started racing. I was real close. But after hearing about how new drivers wouldn't have to adapt to the 8's driving I kind of thought I'd start there. I'm sure I'd be happy either way and I'm happy now driving the 8 and 8T. I like to drive my friends' Mugens. They are fun and to me (NOOB) they feel similar. Fast, aggressive, smooth, and controlled.
Well the NOOB thing suits me well also , i'm really just looking for some input on everything , glad to see that they seem to be the same the Mugen and the 8T i'll definately consider that option as well.

Also what do some of you guys think about me using a Ninja MR-28 MO1A power plant as a beginner to competitive racing.???