Tech Adept

Hey Toni what reds motor are u running?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ecko'
Hey Toni what reds motor are u running?
Reds Racing M7T-GT, good sir

It's their 7 port on road motor modded for GT racing. They come personally tuned, assembled and modified by Mr. Mario Rossi from the factory. By far best quality, reliable, fastest and most beautiful motor I have ever owned.

A true work of Art inside and out!!

MantisWorx from RcShox match ported the header and exhaust and it improved performance and changed it exhaust sound, sounds very similar to a real Ferrari. Totally different from any other I have tried
Old 05-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
How long should one expect to get out of a set of tires?

Right now I seem to be getting about one race day before my sweep 45s are blown out (foam exposed & ripping apart). We run 3 7min qualifiers and a 7 min main.
WOW! I've got 40's, 45's and 50's with hrs of track time on them! Are you running the Sweep GT full rubber or Sweep EXP with the synthetic blend rubber. The EXP last much longer. I run in hot temps here in Texas and have never used up a set in one day of racing. I've got Sweeps that are over a year old and have 3 to 4 hrs of run time on them.

Regards,

D
Old 05-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
WOW! I've got 40's, 45's and 50's with hrs of track time on them! Are you running the Sweep GT full rubber or Sweep EXP with the synthetic blend rubber. The EXP last much longer. I run in hot temps here in Texas and have never used up a set in one day of racing. I've got Sweeps that are over a year old and have 3 to 4 hrs of run time on them.

Regards,

D
Hey D.a.v.e........are you running a Kyosho GT/GT2 ???? The 'caster angle from hell' on the Kyosho can quickly put a full set of 'DEATH RINGS' on the front tires. I think the more 'docile' caster the Serpent Cobra guys are able to dial in is more to the liking of the tires.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Reds Racing M7T-GT, good sir

It's their 7 port on road motor modded for GT racing. They come personally tuned, assembled and modified by Mr. Mario Rossi from the factory. By far best quality, reliable, fastest and most beautiful motor I have ever owned.

A true work of Art inside and out!!

MantisWorx from RcShox match ported the header and exhaust and it improved performance and changed it exhaust sound, sounds very similar to a real Ferrari. Totally different from any other I have tried
Cool,if we decide to run onroad that's the motor we want.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Hey D.a.v.e........are you running a Kyosho GT/GT2 ???? The 'caster angle from hell' on the Kyosho can quickly put a full set of 'DEATH RINGS' on the front tires. I think the more 'docile' caster the Serpent Cobra guys are able to dial in is more to the liking of the tires.
No I'm running the Serpent. I just put the 10 degree caster blocks on last week but have not yet ordered the 0 degree knuckles. Other then the white springs in front and a softer sway bar in front I'm running the box set up? I know I used at least one set of the new compound exp's last week with the soft pink inserts and it wore out faster then the old compound exp(?) on the orange rims with the pink inserts I bought early this spring. I exchanged e-mails with sweeps usa today and he mentioned they had seen excessive wear using the box set up and recommended trying the 0 degree knuckles & 10 degree blocks?

I have 2 sets of the GRP's coming this week I'm going to try & I suppose I'll have to suck up the cost of the 0 degree alumn blocks to see if that helps as well?

I was thinking it was a set up issue with too much weight shifting to the front causing my tires to wear early? But I'm not really sure what the adjustment would be other the stiffer springs up front?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
No I'm running the Serpent. I just put the 10 degree caster blocks on last week but have not yet ordered the 0 degree knuckles. Other then the white springs in front and a softer sway bar in front I'm running the box set up? I know I used at least one set of the new compound exp's last week with the soft pink inserts and it wore out faster then the old compound exp(?) on the orange rims with the pink inserts I bought early this spring. I exchanged e-mails with sweeps usa today and he mentioned they had seen excessive wear using the box set up and recommended trying the 0 degree knuckles & 10 degree blocks?

I have 2 sets of the GRP's coming this week I'm going to try & I suppose I'll have to suck up the cost of the 0 degree alumn blocks to see if that helps as well?

I was thinking it was a set up issue with too much weight shifting to the front causing my tires to wear early? But I'm not really sure what the adjustment would be other the stiffer springs up front?
D.a.v.e.,

I have been racing the Kyosho since late 2007/early 2008 with the stock caster blocks. I have been getting good tire wear from my front tires before the "death ring" shows up. Premature tire wear normally comes from using to lite of diff oil in the front for the engine being used (diffing out) or just a bad setup (droop being off between right and left sides, bad camber angles between right and left sides, etc). My "death ring" usually shows up when the tire is near the end of its useful life (which in my case is a lot of runs on them).
Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by JLock
D.a.v.e.,

I have been racing the Kyosho since late 2007/early 2008 with the stock caster blocks. I have been getting good tire wear from my front tires before the "death ring" shows up. Premature tire wear normally comes from using to lite of diff oil in the front for the engine being used (diffing out) or just a bad setup (droop being off between right and left sides, bad camber angles between right and left sides, etc). My "death ring" usually shows up when the tire is near the end of its useful life (which in my case is a lot of runs on them).
Thanks....good info.

Jlock, do you remember ever hearing of the 'caster blocks from Kyosho for the GT that had the reduced angle' .......lesser angle than the car has been given for many years now? I know the buggy options are 20 to 22 degrees but supposedly there was an option 'early on' that was below 17 degrees that would work much better for the GT/GT2. I was thinking that maybe you had heard of them ....if they did exist since you've been into GT from 'the early days'.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Thanks....good info.

Jlock, do you remember ever hearing of the 'caster blocks from Kyosho for the GT that had the reduced angle' .......lesser angle than the car has been given for many years now? I know the buggy options are 20 to 22 degrees but supposedly there was an option 'early on' that was below 17 degrees that would work much better for the GT/GT2. I was thinking that maybe you had heard of them ....if they did exist since you've been into GT from 'the early days'.
I have some prototype 6 degree caster C-hubs that were made for me about two years ago. They were on my GT2 that I raced at the Byron's race last year in which I finished 6th in the A-main. On that car, it made a big difference in my turn-in on tight turning sections on the track. I have yet to try them on my short chassis car. I don't know about Kyosho ever doing/producing any or even having reduced caster angle C-hubs on their docket.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by JLock
I have some prototype 6 degree caster C-hubs that were made for me about two years ago. They were on my GT2 that I raced at the Byron's race last year in which I finished 6th in the A-main. On that car, it made a big difference in my turn-in on tight turning sections on the track. I have yet to try them on my short chassis car. I don't know about Kyosho ever doing/producing any or even having reduced caster angle C-hubs on their docket.
Thanks for the response and 'insight' into the reduced angle working for the GT. Oh....if only someone from 'K' company could pick up on that solid bit of info. I know some other racers are working on them. It just would be so much easier to go to the LHS and pick up a set of 'factory parts'......
Old 06-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default OFNA PArts

I'm cleaning up my parts and have some no longer needed carbonfiber shock towers. Great Deal if you need and most of these available any more.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...bon-parts.html
Old 07-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Time to bump-up the thread that started it all for GT racing!

So, what & where is the next big GT event?
Old 07-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Time to bump-up the thread that started it all for GT racing!

So, what & where is the next big GT event?
Jeff,YGPM
Old 07-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Portland OR - Timezone Race this weekend

Austin TX - South West Series Race @ the F1 Track Circuit of the Americas July 27/28

Blue Diamond - Nova Rossi Challenge Aug 3/4

Lincoln NE - Heart of America Series Aug 10/11

Toledo OH - GLC Aug 23/25

Porter TX - Gulf Coast GP Nov 8/10

I know there are more, but these are on my radar, but not going to make the Timezone, Austin Tx or the Nova Rossi Challeng races.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by duneland
Hi!
It is currently under consideration to add a class for these cars, in the Midwest series. I am trying to gage the level of interest. The Midwest series is the oldest R/C racing series in the world (next year is the 39th!). I am wondering how many might be interested in racing one of these machines with us. There are a few to choose from,,, OFNA, Kyosho, Hot Bodies & others produce them.
Please post here, if you have any interest.
You can count me in!!!

I have just bought my first gt car .... nigro. So looking foreward to running it. Having the Midwest series take it up would give a refreshing new class to the series..... not to say most likely many new entries to the races swell as esta pushed drivers.

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.