Tech Addict

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Me too.
Cool
Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default advantages advantages advantages

Originally Posted by FastPete
Thanks whats the advantages? Does it have kickup? I run the kinghedz now.
Off power steering decreases with kick up.
You get a little less front traction with the add weight transfer to the rear.
It also increases total caster which makes the car a little more stable on the straight not to mention the added stability from the extended chassis.
a little on power steering may be lost but play with the rear droop to get the car to rotate its a powerful adjustment hope this helps you go fast as $#!T.

Last edited by nitrodash; 06-23-2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Thinking faster than I can type
Old 06-24-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Ipanema GT Racing Slicks
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-41mm-47mm-wide-gt-slicks-1.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-41mm-47mm-wide-gt-slicks-2.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-41mm-47mm-wide-gt-slicks-3.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-41mm-47mm-wide-gt-slicks-4.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ipanema-41mm-47mm-wide-gt-slicks-5.jpg  

Last edited by Jspeed; 06-24-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: add pictures
Old 06-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodash
Off power steering decreases with kick up.
You get a little less front traction with the add weight transfer to the rear.
It also increases total caster which makes the car a little more stable on the straight not to mention the added stability from the extended chassis.
a little on power steering may be lost but play with the rear droop to get the car to rotate its a powerful adjustment hope this helps you go fast as $#!T.
Another way to combat the crazy high caster + kickup (total caster) on the buggy conversions is with front anti dive plates. I know O'Donnell
has a 4 deg. plate and some of the other manufactures offer a way to adjust this. I am pretty sure anti-dive effects cg of the car so you need to do some testing but it's an option for folks with a ski jump chassis.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Another way to combat the crazy high caster + kickup (total caster) on the buggy conversions is with front anti dive plates. I know O'Donnell
has a 4 deg. plate and some of the other manufactures offer a way to adjust this. I am pretty sure anti-dive effects cg of the car so you need to do some testing but it's an option for folks with a ski jump chassis.
another way maybe to just take some caster out if needed via the caster clips or caster block depending on your cars design me personally I like the extra caster cause if makes the car much more stable
Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No caster adjustment on the zo1b..
I would assume thats why the anti dive plates were made
available.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Alot of guys have been down this road, it's not worth the effort to fix and defeats the whole purpose of running these cars. If you have to have a flat chassis and some caster adjustability get yourself a DM1 spec.

Alot of tuning can be done with the diffs that really effects the handling and off power steering with these cars. The Losi L8ight offers spools and a front one-way setup along with very trick locking diffs. They may not be legal where you race though and I have only seen one 2 speed conversion done.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by williamw
The Losi L8ight offers spools and a front one-way setup along with very trick locking diffs. They may not be legal where you race though and I have only seen one 2 speed conversion done.
3...now, by me. they'll be @ Blue Diamond this Sunday.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

No caster adjustment on the zo1b..
I would assume thats why the anti dive plates were made
available.
No caster adjustments that is a little weird
Old 06-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Tech Champion

So I went and ordered this Kyosho CB with Evolva pinions for my DM1. The bell thoigh is very thin, and looks like it wouldn't fit right with the new Ascendancy Clutch I got for it. So my question is, how would astock IGT2 clutch be? I want something carbon to preserve the bell.., and cheap. Was looking at the orange Go clutch with long-life carbon-covered shoes. Anybody run one?
Old 06-25-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

So I went and ordered this Kyosho CB with Evolva pinions for my DM1. The bell thoigh is very thin, and looks like it wouldn't fit right with the new Ascendancy Clutch I got for it. So my question is, how would astock IGT2 clutch be? I want something carbon to preserve the bell.., and cheap. Was looking at the orange Go clutch with long-life carbon-covered shoes. Anybody run one?

Also, I think I misordered the pinions, and got 16-21.. Can I run that count even though stock is 16-20?..
Old 06-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default KYOVS058 CB

Herrsavage:

I have run this CB with many different 3 piece Aluminum, Carbon and 4 shoe set ups with no problems. Nor have had a problem with the thickness of the wall on the CB seems to me a moot point to me.

If you get any build up in the CB just sand it out

This clutch bell works "VERY" well.

try it

As to your gearing being 5 teeth apart thats up to you I run a 4 tooth split.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think by 'thin' he means the width of the face of the bell that the shoes contact isn't very wide. As I posted to him earlier, if you run an Ascendancy (or any other Losi-style 4 shoe clutch) the bell isn't 'wide' or 'deep' enough - too much of the shoe won't contact the bell. Use any 3 shoe flywheel with carbon shoes and the bell will cover most of the shoe, with just a little overhang. 16/21 is a 6 tooth split - that's a wide gear split to run IMO.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

16/21 is five teeth
Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary NJ
I think by 'thin' he means the width of the face of the bell that the shoes contact isn't very wide. .
I get it now thanks....

Get the torch and stretch it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.