Old 05-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Wrong thread.

Last edited by gashuffer; 05-30-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 05-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Oh Nooo! I should of kept my mouth shut!!!!
Well regardless of the end result I had a great time racing. I am pleased though that I held on to second position for most of the race duration.

Yeah I guess I did forget about some of the sponsers
You did a great job yesterday congrats on the victory I had a good time also. See you next Sunday.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rifraf
Would a CF chassis cut off 2lbs?
close to 2lbs I run a cf chassis for two season now and I love it holds up to every thing i can give it I recommend it. It gives more speed on the straight.

Last edited by nitrodash; 05-30-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Because Im a idiot
Old 05-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by liteweight
Hey Shaun Congrats on your finish bro' you did a great job on your finish at the A-main, Man I'm telling you it's hard to do that back to back race, Jackson and BD but I had a great time on my 1st GT/dm-1 race for the season and it's rubber tires, but u know I'm coming back, I would like to thank all the
Sponsors for 1st trophy race at BlueDiamond Max velocity racing, Ipanema sport racing, Sweeps, Hobby Hut, Skyrocket (thanks Tory and his family), Don of BD.
Thank you see you soon
Old 05-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Here's how the Texas d-box conversation began.

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Congrats Bill on your 1st set of GT rules set in stone.

There're a lot like ours, with the exception of you leaving the door open for racers to run with centax/slider or adjustable clutches, buggy/truggy chassis mount wings and driver assisted electronics = D-Boxes.

Other than that, you’re getting close to something solid there.
Good luck with that.
The reply was.......

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Yep, all those are legal, run what ya brung.
Here's the unedited post in question.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/9092016-post5974.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Yeah I don't know where I read it, but it's even on the Ipanema rules list.
Our GT class rules are written they way they are, for good reason.
Glad you noticed that.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

I think its about time the GT class instigate a min weight rule. I think it goes against the spirit of the class to have people dropping big bucks on CF chassis and boatloads of bucks on lightweight components. My bone stock DM1 spec weighs in at 8.3 lbs out of the box we should start there. Whats the GT2 car weigh in at out of the box?
Old 05-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Agreed! Looks like I need spend about 1100.00 to 1200.00 to build a competitive spec car.that's crazy for a suppose low budget class!!

maybe roar will come up with a set of budget minded rules,before this class gets too stupid..

For now,I will just set back an see how this class will be structured..
Old 05-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tomkelley
I think its about time the GT class instigate a min weight rule. I think it goes against the spirit of the class to have people dropping big bucks on CF chassis and boatloads of bucks on lightweight components. My bone stock DM1 spec weighs in at 8.3 lbs out of the box we should start there. Whats the GT2 car weigh in at out of the box?
Tom,

Our GT Spec class minimum weight rule is 3500 grams.
Our GT Open class has no minumum weight restrictions.
You can check them out here.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Ok thats better. Looks like I have about Whats a bone stock GT1 or GT2 weigh in at out of the box? Looks like my dm1 spec is about 264 (just over a half pound) grams over that. Thats still quite a bit of work to do to get to that.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Spec class is calling your name!! Thats not a bad thing wither
Old 05-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Ok thats better. Looks like I have about Whats a bone stock GT1 or GT2 weigh in at out of the box? Looks like my dm1 spec is about 264 (just over a half pound) grams over that. Thats still quite a bit of work to do to get to that.
Switching to upright shocks & servo reduces some weight, aids durability and makes set-up changes much easier on the DM1S cars.

None of these mods to the chassis strays from the spirit of GT racing, which are really centered around having a durable and fun car to race.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

...First off...

SHOUTS OUT to all the racers from NY,NJ & especially the Floyd Bennet Field racers for driving down to the Diamond and gettin' it in with us!!! some say this is a BS class, we united and had our own "Any given Sunday" trust me...we weren't the last race but we were the main event!
The Diamond racers are going to represent "GT Racing" @ the next Brooklyn Party!

Originally Posted by williamw
Thanks for giving credit where it's due. Are you listening Losi?
I already spoke to LOSI...and here's what I was told...and I Quote..."we don't have any plans to make on-road racing cars"...end Quote... whatever...I'll make em'!

Originally Posted by nitrodash
He definitely had traffic problems when he rear ended me (first place) in the last lap and sent me five feet into the fence with a lap and a half on him he had some type of problem not taking the joy out of your win but that some B.S. I mean really the last lap
D. if I crashed you, I apologize, that's not the way I race winning or losing, period! I know we were tight in that turn...even asked a few people if I did hit you and they said I didn't, but like I said, If I did, you got it bro!

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
I want to thank everyone for the kind words on the win. I want to thank my pit man David Heridia for his awesome pit work!
Let me be the first one to bridge the EAST & WEST gap and say I never met you before but Congrats on your WIN + you gave props to your PIT MAN!!! that almost never gets done but he's almost more important than a fast driver!maybe one day we'll have the chance to clock some laps in the same spot!

Originally Posted by rcmikel
Congrats to all the racers at the Texas Biggie and Blue Diamond.
...see...that's what I'm talkin' bout!

I'll post this in other threads...
Old 05-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kitchen
...First off...

SHOUTS OUT to all the racers from NY,NJ & especially the Floyd Bennet Field racers for driving down to the Diamond and gettin' it in with us!!! some say this is a BS class, we united and had our own "Any given Sunday" trust me...we weren't the last race but we were the main event!
The Diamond racers are going to represent "GT Racing" @ the next Brooklyn Party!

I already spoke to LOSI...and here's what I was told...and I Quote..."we don't have any plans to make on-road racing cars"...end Quote... whatever...I'll make em'!

D. if I crashed you, I apologize, that's not the way I race winning or losing, period! I know we were tight in that turn...even asked a few people if I did hit you and they said I didn't, but like I said, If I did, you got it bro!
though.

Its cool that the way the car crumbles sometimes I could taste victory though You were given the sweeps guys hell and gashuffer was right you were the faster car at the diamond your car was pretty dialed in. I'm glad blue diamond regulars held down the top three spot. The sweeps guys came in like they meant business. But we held our own your Losi is sick.

Let me be the first one to bridge the EAST & WEST gap and say I never met you before but Congrats on your WIN + you gave props to your PIT MAN!!! that almost never gets done but he's almost more important than a fast driver!maybe one day we'll have the chance to clock some laps in the same spot!

...see...that's what I'm talkin' bout!

I'll post this in other threads...

Its cool that the way the car crumbles sometimes I could taste victory though You were given the sweeps guys hell and gashuffer was right you were the faster car at the diamond your car was pretty dialed in. I'm glad blue diamond regulars held down the top three spot. The sweeps guys came in like they meant business. But we held our own your Losi is sick.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodash
Thanks Shawn I'm glad this didn't "flame up" we just have to try and 1,2,3 @ Floyd Bennet!
I think were going to have bullseyes on our backs!

Last edited by Kitchen; 05-30-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kitchen
Thanks Shawn I'm glad this didn't "flame up" we just have to try and 1,2,3 @ Floyd Bennet!
I think were goint to have bullseyes on our backs!
Yes we will be in all there GT racers cross hairs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.