Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff,

Most of us are running 50K to 100K in the front diffs, 10K to 30K in the rear, 45w to 80w in the shocks, front toe out + 1 to +2, rear toe in -2 to the 3 degree stock rear block, camber -1/2 degree to -2 up front & -2 to -4 degrees rear, sway bars front & rear. Set your ride height as low as you dare!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Jeff,

Most of us are running 50K to 100K in the front diffs, 10K to 30K in the rear, 45w to 80w in the shocks, front toe out + 1 to +2, rear toe in -2 to the 3 degree stock rear block, camber -1/2 degree to -2 up front & -2 to -4 degrees rear, sway bars front & rear. Set your ride height as low as you dare!
I thank you for the info and quick responce.
later
Jeff E!
see ya in kissimmee
Old 03-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is kind of bouncy... but I was doing some hotlaps with a camera on board. The weather timing (it's snowing now) didn't allow us to setup a track so I ran the tri-oval perimeter... Can't wait for Spring...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AMXcxiYTutY
Old 03-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

bring the camera to vegas
Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Done.

.... and I still have your blue springs.... I'll get them back to you at that race.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Got Medial Pros Garen?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ
I thank you for the info and quick responce.
later
Jeff E!
see ya in kissimmee
Jeff here is a set up that is working very well D.Larry tested his this weekend & really liked it
diff oil 100,000 front 30,000 rear
shock oil 700 F 900R
ride height 7F 9R
Camber 1.5F 3R
Droop 1F 4R
If you are going to the state race next weekend I can bring my hudy setup system & get you going
Old 03-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Don't have new MP's yet, still working out the details with the new MP company, but I do have a very limited number of old stock tires left, so if you want any, please let me know.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Is there a track in So Cal that has a class for the GT's?
Old 03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Finally got a chance to run my IGT at Bvoltz' Bass Pro Series race in Jackson, MS this past Saturday. Thanks Jspeed for the setup tips that you used. I modified a couple of points slightly but overall, it worked like a charm. I set TQ for the day and was 1:45 seconds short of winning the main when my car just stopped. That dropped me all the way down to fourth place. Found out after I got back home to Dallas, TX, that the conrod in my engine snapped and broke the sleeve and poked a small hole in the crankcase. So, I am going to make a plea to the guys that have modified their cars: If you have the stock motor that you are willing to part with, PM me with details and cost of how much you are asking for it. I will need a new engine for the next race April 12th, especially since their is no modified class in the Jackson, MS series. Outside of the engine detonating, I had a blast with the car. It was much more fun than running my 200mm touring car.

Last edited by JLock; 03-11-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Finally got a chance to run my IGT at Bvoltz' Bass Pro Series race in Jackson, MS this past Saturday. Thanks Jspeed for the setup tips that you used. I modified a couple of points slightly but overall, it worked like a charm. I set TQ for the day and was 45 seconds short of winning the main when my car just stopped. That dropped me all the way down to fourth place. Found out after I got back home to Dallas, TX, that the conrod in my engine snapped and broke the sleeve and poked a small hole in the crankcase. So, I am going to make a plea to the guys that have modified their cars: If you have the stock motor that you are willing to part with, PM me with details and cost of how much you are asking for it. I will need a new engine for the next race April 12th, especially since their is no modified class in the Jackson, MS series. Outside of the engine detonating, I had a blast with the car. It was much more fun than running my 200mm touring car.
regarding detonation - I have had problems with this when running 30%. I am going to drop back to 20%. I tried shims but I still was popping plugs. Next race I am going to use a cold plug and less nitro. Other than this problem my car has been a blast to drive.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
regarding detonation - I have had problems with this when running 30%. I am going to drop back to 20%. I tried shims but I still was popping plugs. Next race I am going to use a cold plug and less nitro. Other than this problem my car has been a blast to drive.
Thanks for the heads up. I was using 30% when my engine detonated. I have been so use to high-quality engines like Novarossi, OS, etc, I forgot that not engine can handle the higher nitro content. I guess when I get another Kyosho powerplant, I will have to 20% in it as not to blow up another one.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Glad to read you had fun racing the IGT Spec car with Barry. at Bass Pro.

Believe it or not, I’ve found that the factory engine runs very happy with Werks Racing 16% fuel. It makes plenty of power and runs much cooler with it. The engine protection available from Werks Racing fuel is incredible!

If you haven’t tried it yet, you should.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
If you have the stock motor that you are willing to part with, PM me with details and cost of how much you are asking for it.
Are the Kyosho motors not available? Just asking... If so, what are others doing around this issue?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Are the Kyosho motors not available? Just asking... If so, what are others doing around this issue?
Honestly, I don't know about their availability. Through my main LHS in Carrollton, TX (Mikes Hobby Shop), they have difficulties getting things from Kyosho USA. However, Zootcapri may have an engine that he is willing to part with (I believe that he may have modified his to the SS class). I have at least 3 weeks before it becomes crucial, so, I will be tracking one down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.