Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 07-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
That would be NICE!!
1st off ,thanks so much for the SPEEDY responses from evryone,,, my intial thought was maybe the bushings would withstand more punishment from these .28 motors apose to bearings....but then you think brass is a soft metal so that theory is shot.....lol ...about the cost i would have 2 agree i can see cutting production cost on some things(previously mentioned) but the bearings...lmao !!!! for what its worth i have both ,,igt & dm-1 spec....and out of the box & cost ..ofna wins ....but once you INVEST a little igt are great racers
Old 07-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liteweight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD_23...layer_embedded

here you are it happent at BlueDiamond, Delaware
Was a fun time and everyone was running Foams
Old 07-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by liteweight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD_23...layer_embedded

here you are it happent at BlueDiamond, Delaware

dm-one spec with ipanema warrior body
Great paint work & driving skills JoJo, thanks for running "The Warrior". Car looks smooth & fast the whole race. Look forward to racing with you at the Ipanema US GT Nats. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ran my GT2 for the first time this weekend and had a blast. Only problem I had was the front of the body. I am running the Aston body and was wondering is anyone makes a bigger bumper for these cars? There is about an inch space from the bumper and body. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 07-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YANMAN
Ran my GT2 for the first time this weekend and had a blast. Only problem I had was the front of the body. I am running the Aston body and was wondering is anyone makes a bigger bumper for these cars? There is about an inch space from the bumper and body. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Tim
Kyosho makes a DB9R bumber! It also works great with the Subaru body.

Picture and part # : KYOKA90001

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ed-Bumper-DBR9
Old 07-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Alpha RC tires are currently in stock at Pitlane Hobby in Puerto Rico. Just picked up 2 sets. The tires took 1st 2nd and 3rd athe the Copa Latina here in Puerto Rico. If any one in the US would like to order them just send them an email they have a website pitlanehobby.com
Old 07-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

William, that was originally made for the IGT1 DBR, and I don't think it fits the new body on the IGT2 chassis. Use adhesive-backed weatherstripping to build out the bumper if you want it snug against the body. You can get the weatherstripping at any Home Depot or Lowes.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I ordered the bumper from a-main just to see if it works. I can always trim it down if I need to. Thanks guys. This class is to fun! I would love to be able to travel to big races, but everything is so far away from Austin, Texas.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

I did the same thing with the Ferrari bumper, a little sanding and it's works really well with the Corvette C6R
Old 07-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SteveP
William, that was originally made for the IGT1 DBR, and I don't think it fits the new body on the IGT2 chassis. Use adhesive-backed weatherstripping to build out the bumper if you want it snug against the body. You can get the weatherstripping at any Home Depot or Lowes.
Never thought about using weather stripping, great idea.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by williamw
I did the same thing with the Ferrari bumper, a little sanding and it's works really well with the Corvette C6R.

Never thought about using weather stripping, great idea.
Yes, the Ferrari bumper for the GT1 is nearly a perfect fit for the Corvette body on the GT2. Just sand a little bit of the point away at the tip of the bumper and it's juuuuuust right. I actually prefer having a short bumper and using the weather stripping to built it out to fit the body. This way the harder foam can be used on any body, the weather stripping can be sanded to fit, and if you take a hard hit, it'll likely tear the weather stripping (which is easily replaced) rather than the bumper itself.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Was a fun time and everyone was running Foams
Very nice, great control and handleing with those form tires, rubber looks good though and make you up your driving skills
Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kmichael
Very nice, great control and handleing with those form tires, rubber looks good though and make you up your driving skills
Thanks. I agree Pro's & Con's for both
Old 07-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys, just confirming some info posted above.

Last weekend, ALPHA RC Tyres on GT Class, debuted during the Latin American Cup organiced in PUERTO RICO.

Most popular GT brands were on the track (GRP, PMT, Ipanemas, OFNA, etc) and small group of drivers were race testing ALPHA RC.

Results were GREAT with lots of good feedback from drivers. Lots of "switching between brands" were observed from drivers using other brands of tyres and by end of day racing Alpha on Soft and Medium compound.

By end of qualifying process, ALPHA RC took the TQ. Then, there was a 60 minutes A-Main wich was cut on first 15 minutes due to rain, then when rain stop and track was dry, they re-started the race only for 30 minutes so at the end, 45 minutes of racing on A-Main. RESULTS ?, Alpha RC took 1st, 2nd and 3rd place !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Pit Lane Hobbies for trust in Alpha RC quality !!

For now i think you Continental USA guys can get tyres from Puerto Rico, but i do think in less than 2 months, you will have an exclusive USA distributor for the brand ...

cya !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
Old 07-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Pato,

Congrats on the TQ and Podium sweep

Looks like most of the tire competition was there and Alpha was superior

Any news of when the Alpha body will be introduced?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.